Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rustbusters  (Read 794 times)

2boxerdogs

Rustbusters
« on: 18 March 2016, 23:01:17 »

Had the Terracan steam cleaned & undersealed,my 4x4 is now 10 years old & has got pretty mucky over the last few months saw this company in quite a few car mags & decided to give the car a treat. At 8.30 this morning took it in & observed the process, what a thorough job not cheap & £360+VAT but as I intend keeping it for the next 4or 5 years I think it was money well spent car was finished by 4pm.The worst cars for rust in their opinion are Mazda's & Land rovers, no problems with the Hyundai minor surface rust only on chassis now well protected. Think someone on here was thinking of taking their mig in , i can recommend them very thorough indeed.

2boxerdogs

Re: Rustbusters
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2016, 12:26:31 »

I was advised to leave the spare wheel off the car for at least 24 hours to allow the protective coating to dry, so this morning decided to put it back on the 4x4. Well I am no weakling but what a job ! It is located under the floor held in place by a plate attached by a strong metal rope, you have to lower the plate down which is simple enough, but then using one hand to guide the plate & the other to lever the wheel up over the plate to, took me about 20 minutes.Can you imagine lying on the hard shoulder or indeed any road trying to change the wheel ? Mind I should be thankful I have a spare these days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.