Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall Zafira..........What to look for, not for me for me Brother.  (Read 1827 times)

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall Zafira..........What to look for, not for me for me Brother.
« Reply #15 on: 06 November 2014, 07:55:37 »

I replaced my Cav with a 1.6 Zaf and as a day to day car find it good and comfortable. Its no motorway car as it is at 3000 rpm at 60 mph. I am getting 38 mpg with a daily commute of 50 miles on b roads. I willreplace it with another when it needs to be replaced but will go for either the 1.8 petrol or 1.7 diesel as I do have to do some distance journeys quite often
Keith B

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #16 on: 09 November 2014, 15:54:49 »

Well, been car shopping today wi me brother. What can I say??? Some right $h1te out there. Looked at 4, all mid 60k range, 02 - 05 plate. What a load of tosh. 1st one, no service history, no cambelt change, 2 near bald tyres on the front, interior looked really dirty.

So we walked from that one. 2nd one, part history but no cambelt change, salesman tried telling me 100k or 10 years so I politely corrected him to which he replied "I'll go and get my book" comes back and low & behold 40k & 4 years. I carry on looking at it, try to open the door with the remote - won't open, try the other key, won't open  >:( "Oh its just a battery"  ::) ::) ::) Looked under the front to see oil leaking down the engine & gathering at the bottom of the gearbox  :( Then the boss came out, he said "Oh I believe you inquired about whether a timing belt had been changed, it hasn't but if you pay for the belt we'll put it on??????????;D ;D ;D What a joke!

No.3 Rang up, male replied "Its in my lock up" so I asked where it was & could we meet him there "No I'll go get it and meet you at   
.................... address????" Erm....no thanks.

4th one left messages, he then rings back saying how nice it is & how its a bargain!!! No history, stinks of fags, oil reminence in the engine bay & ripped front seat!!!!

I give up!!!  ::) ::) ::)

The Sheriff

« Reply #17 on: 09 November 2014, 16:24:18 »

02 to 05 plate, so 9-12 years old. You're lokking at clapped out old buses, Jason, ready for the scrappy. If you're serious about getting a good runaround that your bro wants to use for a good while, you should be looking for something a bit newer. People who've looked after them won't sell for peanuts, it is a very versatile vehicle and folk are reluctant to let them go.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #18 on: 09 November 2014, 16:26:42 »

you should be looking for something a bit newer

Wish he could STMO, but he can't afford much over £2000  :-\

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #20 on: 09 November 2014, 16:59:04 »

Cheers for that link BM I'll bear that on in mind, he'd set his mind on a Zafira but I think we need to widen our search a bit.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 November 2014, 08:47:59 »

Just be aware that the Alhambra and its derivatives have serious rust issues when hitting the 10-12 year old stage so if going that route.....check them VERY carefully.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #22 on: 10 November 2014, 16:39:27 »

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chanced upon a 2005 plate 1.6 Zafira, one owner, 66k full history, cambelt & waterpump changed less than 500 mls ago. Drove really well, clutch & g/box nice & tight, all the seats work (i.e. slide out & back in) switches, lights &  air-con cold. £1750  :) :) :)

The Sheriff

« Reply #23 on: 10 November 2014, 17:06:43 »

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chanced upon a 2005 plate 1.6 Zafira, one owner, 66k full history, cambelt & waterpump changed less than 500 mls ago. Drove really well, clutch & g/box nice & tight, all the seats work (i.e. slide out & back in) switches, lights &  air-con cold. £1750  :) :) :)
You've done well :y

Now tell your bro to eff off and give you a bit of peace. ;D

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #24 on: 10 November 2014, 17:23:19 »

Now tell your bro to eff off and give you a bit of peace.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Chance would be a fine thing STMO!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.