Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Worthwhile upgrades?  (Read 3209 times)

Essex_Andy

• Have a guess?
    • View Profile
Re: Worthwhile upgrades?
« Reply #15 on: 29 December 2006, 21:14:28 »

Right been outside with my torch and found the multiplug by the strut top...someone looped it under the master cylinder and back under the windscreen scuttle

However a couple of things to sort though:-

1) I have the extra electric coolant/heating pump mounted on drivers side inner wing so I need some adaptor plate from vauxhall to mount cruise actuator and electric coolant/heating pump
2) I need the cruise control type brake pedal and clutch pedal switches (i'm guessing the other plugs and wiring are present under the dash/steering colum area)

If an artic overtakes you, you're driving too slow!!!!!!!!!!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 December 2006, 21:16:50 »

Right been outside with my torch and found the multiplug by the strut top...someone looped it under the master cylinder and back under the windscreen scuttle

However a couple of things to sort though:-

1) I have the extra electric coolant/heating pump mounted on drivers side inner wing so I need some adaptor plate from vauxhall to mount cruise actuator and electric coolant/heating pump
2) I need the cruise control type brake pedal and clutch pedal switches (i'm guessing the other plugs and wiring are present under the dash/steering colum area)

Yes, all wiring is in place...
Grumpy old man

Essex_Andy

• Have a guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 December 2006, 21:21:24 »

any idea on part number or name of the adpated fitting bracket/plate for omegas that have the additional electric coolant pump?

Thanks everyone...beers and bacon sarnies waiting when you lot turn up and help me do the cam swap and fir new belt and flush out breather pipes.....keep early feb clear :y

rpont

• Intermediate Member
  • Tadcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 December 2006, 22:20:28 »

Also, the cruise unit is the cube shaped unit under brake reservoir, to left of exhaust in that piccy...
Not quite, that's the steering box. I haven't got the cruise module fitted in that pic.

I have the additional coolant pump fitted and Vauxhall didn't fit the pump when cruise control was fitted (we discussed this some time back and no one who had air conditioning and cruise had the pump). Some have bought a pump holder and drilled holes in the cruise bracket to fit it. I used the existing pump bracket but bent back on itself to get the pump in. The URL below and the next 4 pics show what I did, I wasn't happy with the attempt in the first two pics so redid it for the next two. It's a bit of trial and error to get the bracket just right so that the pump isn't touching the engine pipes and is clear of the air filter box.

http://www.infohitsystems.ltd.uk/Gallery/dirwrap_photo.sh?rt=wrap&path=Car/P1010054.JPG

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 December 2006, 22:25:36 »

Also, the cruise unit is the cube shaped unit under brake reservoir, to left of exhaust in that piccy...
Not quite, that's the steering box. I haven't got the cruise module fitted in that pic.

I have the additional coolant pump fitted and Vauxhall didn't fit the pump when cruise control was fitted (we discussed this some time back and no one who had air conditioning and cruise had the pump). Some have bought a pump holder and drilled holes in the cruise bracket to fit it. I used the existing pump bracket but bent back on itself to get the pump in. The URL below and the next 4 pics show what I did, I wasn't happy with the attempt in the first two pics so redid it for the next two. It's a bit of trial and error to get the bracket just right so that the pump isn't touching the engine pipes and is clear of the air filter box.

http://www.infohitsystems.ltd.uk/Gallery/dirwrap_photo.sh?rt=wrap&path=Car/P1010054.JPG
Doh! Serves me right for only glancing at picture  :-[
Grumpy old man

rpont

• Intermediate Member
  • Tadcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 December 2006, 22:56:52 »

Doh! Serves me right for only glancing at picture  :-[
:)
You had me scratching my head for a bit there. I was sure I hadn't got the module when I took the pic of where the breather box went before I took it off. With the heads missing from the engine I can see how a quick glance could come up with that idea though.

Essex_Andy

• Have a guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 December 2006, 23:01:43 »

ok next question(s).....

rear sunblind thingy....nothing in my haynes manual about fitting/removing etc

Is it an easy retro-fit upgrade...anyone got a switch going?

Thanks again

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 December 2006, 23:14:59 »

You could Email this guy selling a leather interior from an Elite - switch may still be in the dash if you're lucky http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Omega-Leather-Interior_W0QQitemZ300065124586QQihZ020QQcategoryZ10404QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 December 2006, 10:24:46 »

......I have the additional coolant pump fitted and Vauxhall didn't fit the pump when cruise control was fitted (we discussed this some time back and no one who had air conditioning and cruise had the pump). .....

Sorry to butt in - check out the howtoo for fitting cruise to a prefacelift.  Shows where the various bits are and what they look like.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1166374649            :y

VX DID fit cruise, climate control aircon and the extra pump from the factory.  All parts to retrofit are available.  

Mark DTM tells me that the mounting rubber on the end of the radiator for the similar pump that is there is available from a scrappies and can be fitted to the cruise frame to do the same job.

HtH

B

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 December 2006, 12:28:58 »

......I have the additional coolant pump fitted and Vauxhall didn't fit the pump when cruise control was fitted (we discussed this some time back and no one who had air conditioning and cruise had the pump). .....

Sorry to butt in - check out the howtoo for fitting cruise to a prefacelift.  Shows where the various bits are and what they look like.

I might be missing something here but ..... My mini face lift Elite has cruise & A/C but the electric aux pump isn't fitted under the header tank, it's at the top of the rad - passenger side.

rpont

• Intermediate Member
  • Tadcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30 December 2006, 13:07:42 »

I might be missing something here but ..... My mini face lift Elite has cruise & A/C but the electric aux pump isn't fitted under the header tank, it's at the top of the rad - passenger side.
That's the one for radiator cooling, all the v6's have it I believe.

Essex_Andy

• Have a guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 December 2006, 13:31:47 »

I lost out on one of the sunscreens on e-gay and having taken a second look at the parcel shelf and under tray seems like a lot of messing about for something not really going to use much....was thinking about bright sunlight on my young son's eyes.

Any tips on retro fitting?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 December 2006, 14:20:44 »

I lost out on one of the sunscreens on e-gay and having taken a second look at the parcel shelf and under tray seems like a lot of messing about for something not really going to use much....was thinking about bright sunlight on my young son's eyes.

The only time I lower mine is when I'm reversing up to a wall (when my tow ball isn't fitted  ;) )

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 December 2006, 14:22:42 »

That's the one for radiator cooling, all the v6's have it I believe.
:-/ So what's the electric pump under the header tank for then? I thought it was just an age thing that dictated where the aux cooling pump went.  :-/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 December 2006, 16:11:33 »

As per Haynes, though you may or may not have to remove trim from pillars (its tight, but can sometimes be done without....
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.