Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ive discovered why my 2.2 has been missing  (Read 5423 times)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Ive discovered why my 2.2 has been missing
« Reply #45 on: 29 December 2006, 20:54:47 »

If you need a hand I could be free on Wednesday, weather permitting.

Thats a kind offer AA.... :y But its quite a distance....Watch for a PM asking for your phone number if i get stuck doing the breathers  :y

Not a problem, and I could try out my new SatNav ;D
The famous magic roundabout in Swindon should give it a good workout :)

My old Tomtom go was useless at it.....my tomtom510 knows it 5 roundabouts in one and get its right  :y
Actually sometimes if visitors ask about it when they are in the back....and im going over it anyway....i'll amaze them by going round it clockwise and then go round it anticlockwise  ;D

TD – I bet you didn’t think I’ll come-up with a picture, did you?

LOL Very good MJ  :y......old pics tho.....theres a red light camera now for the pedestrian lights in the top pic......and the only time you ever see it that quiet now is in the middle of the night  ;D

Bloody hell! That wasn't there the last time I went to Swindon. :o
Probably not, it was built after the war ;)

;D ;D ;D
Alas, no more Omegas....

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 29 December 2006, 21:01:43 »

LOL Very good MJ  :y......old pics tho.....theres a red light camera now for the pedestrian lights in the top pic......and the only time you ever see it that quiet now is in the middle of the night  ;D

Picky, aren't we? Well here goes with the traffic light:

« Last Edit: 29 December 2006, 21:02:42 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #47 on: 29 December 2006, 21:14:25 »

Thing is.....im amazed really.....that a not even a 4 yo omega that has done 80k.....and servicing history shows 10k oil changes....ok not enuf really....but still twice the oil/filter changes that vx recommend.....that it appears my omega is suffering from blown cam gasket....probably due to blocked breathers.....i carnt understand....not had this before...on any car ive owned  :(

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #48 on: 29 December 2006, 21:17:45 »

Picky, aren't we? Well here goes with the traffic light:

Umm i meant theres a RED light catchy you thingy if you jump the red light.... :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 29 December 2006, 21:18:32 »

Thing is.....im amazed really.....that a not even a 4 yo omega that has done 80k.....and servicing history shows 10k oil changes....ok not enuf really....but still twice the oil/filter changes that vx recommend.....that it appears my omega is suffering from blown cam gasket....probably due to blocked breathers.....i carnt understand....not had this before...on any car ive owned  :(
Do you do a lot of short journeys? If so, do oil far more regular....   ...also, is oil black when changed, if so, you've left it far too long...
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #50 on: 29 December 2006, 21:42:44 »

Do you do a lot of short journeys? If so, do oil far more regular....   ...also, is oil black when changed, if so, you've left it far too long...

Taxing can be a week of short journeys....then a few runs like this week....merc diesel has done 170k and ok....veccyB has done 170k also ok but did need new gearbox and cluch recently...and does use some oil....VeccyC is only upto 90k....but ok....Omega is far the worst for things going wrong  :'( with only 80k  :(

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 29 December 2006, 22:11:47 »

I understand how you must feel about this, BUT the 4-Pot Ecotec engine is the same one that is also fitted in Astras and Vectras, so it’s just bad luck and you can’t really fault the Omega for this…

Alas, no more Omegas....

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 29 December 2006, 22:18:11 »

Umm i meant theres a RED light catchy you thingy if you jump the red light.... :y

Happy now???

Alas, no more Omegas....

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 29 December 2006, 22:30:00 »

I changed mine this week TD & oil was black - only covered 5000 miles in 6m but mostly round town & one of my breathers ( the metal one from the sump) was gunked up - so don't leave it too long b4 you clean them - novice scale of difficulty 2/10. :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #54 on: 30 December 2006, 08:23:25 »

Happy now???

;D :y

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #55 on: 30 December 2006, 08:26:49 »

I changed mine this week TD & oil was black - only covered 5000 miles in 6m but mostly round town & one of my breathers ( the metal one from the sump) was gunked up - so don't leave it too long b4 you clean them - novice scale of difficulty 2/10. :y

Having a go next week....as soon as parts come  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 30 December 2006, 16:05:10 »

As many here know, I do my oil every 3 - 4k.  I will be doing my breathers again in a month or so, so we will see what they look like.....
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #57 on: 30 December 2006, 17:13:17 »

I was thinking of doing gasket and breathers originally, on Wed next week, then I remembered I'm doing a job on Wednesday.....takes about 5/6 hours and do about 320 miles. So thought Thurs/Fri might be better depending on weather. But now Ive decided that if the weather is ok and parts come in at vx dealer early enough id rather have a go on Tuesday...(as i dont really fancy doing 320miles non stop with cam gasket leaking!)...just on the breathers....coz i dont think i can break anything so i carnt use the car on wed.....and with clear breathers, gasket might stop leaking.  :-/ Then do the gasket on Thurs/Fri?

Does this sound a good plan?

I used the car this afternoon, did about 50 miles.....not working tomorrow but will still do about 15 miles in it....but do plan to work NY day.....prolly do about 100 miles.

Just a bit conscious of using it too much with the current prob :-/

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 30 December 2006, 18:38:33 »

The breathers and throttle body shouldn't take more than an hour (including fag breaks), and it won't do any harm.
I like red cars

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 30 December 2006, 19:08:17 »

....and it won't do any harm.

...the fags will...  ;D
Alas, no more Omegas....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.