Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Question For Forum Members  (Read 1783 times)

Martin_1962

Re: Question For Forum Members
« Reply #30 on: 20 October 2008, 20:50:37 »

I kind-of still do have a train set!  ;)

Bloody hell Debs. You can always do one better. Exasperating, that's what it is!

Nice pic though, you look like you're having a great time  :y

I win on quantity :P

Martin_1962

« Reply #31 on: 20 October 2008, 20:51:12 »

Not sure if these pics are from the same year but the details got worse as time went on.

No I don't think it is Skruntie.

That particular Hornby (as oppossed to the earlier Triang versions) model came out I think in the late 1970's, early 1980's as it has that "dusty" appearance which is different than the earlier "shiney" models of the 1960's.  They were mean't to reflect a more realistic appearance, but now they tend to have rust patches / streaks, and water / coal dust blemishes to do that! :D :y

In addition the drive was in the tender of the 1970s/80s models, as I believe they still are. ;)

Now moving back to loco drive (at last)

STMO123

« Reply #32 on: 20 October 2008, 20:52:03 »

Bloody hell Debs. You can always do one better. Exasperating, that's what it is!

Few bobs worth Martin. Get them to auction.

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20 October 2008, 21:00:03 »

I was lucky to get an orange and a clip round the ear. :(

You got an orange as well!!! You lucky bas***d :o :( ;D.
His Dad obviously worked on the docks.  ;D
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 October 2008, 21:03:28 »

Not sure if these pics are from the same year but the details got worse as time went on.

That particular Hornby (as oppossed to the earlier Triang versions) model came out I think in the late 1970's, early 1980's as it has that "dusty" appearance which is different than the earlier "shiney" models of the 1960's.  They were mean't to reflect a more realistic appearance, but now they tend to have rust patches / streaks, and water / coal dust blemishes to do that! :D :y

In addition the drive was in the tender of the 1970s/80s models, as I believe they still are. ;)

Mine might be triang then, I know it wasnt bought any later than 1064 and I was never allowed to play with unsupervised as a nipper as I used to break things apparently.   :-/
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20 October 2008, 21:06:48 »

Not bought later than 1064?. i didnt know you were soooooooooooo old. ;D ;D ;D

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

Martin_1962

« Reply #36 on: 20 October 2008, 21:18:30 »

Few bobs worth Martin. Get them to auction.

No I want more - need quite a few more to fill in gaps - no 40s as an example

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 20 October 2008, 22:15:55 »

was never into rail, scalextric was my bag....

had a mini monte carlo basic track in the early 8's, then a fiend of the family gave me boxes of of track, transformers and cars, ended up with a hooley great track  ;D ;D

still have it in the loft today, every now and again we get is all out and have a giggle

in addition i had race and chase and TCR, still i went back to the original and the best

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 20 October 2008, 22:25:54 »

I used to have a brilliant Job, when I lived in Hertfordshire. Part of my duties were playing with a bunch of kids. I built a huge Scalextric set up, permanently set up and in parts was 3 story in height with some huge tunnels. The activity used to be called CBGP.....Craft Block Grand Prix. ;D ;D ;D

Also had a good size train set, permanently set up, CBRR.....Craft Block Rail Road.

We had a brilliant time playing with these, though I seem to remember me spending most of my time with a soldering iron and new sets of brushes, the children were not the most gentle at times, had to bring in rules about the number of crashes per turn etc. :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 20 October 2008, 22:39:08 »

Many years ago I used to have to go to a military base on Sardinia (place called Decimomannu) on a regular basis as the Fast Jet/Steely Eyed Killer types used to go down there for 6 weeks stints of practice bombing on the NATO range. The Italians who ran the place were pretty laid back about large Transport Aircraft, and just left us to it ....

However, the little shoppette they ran, alongside a small cafe type place, always had the worlds supply of Scalextrix  kits at very cheap prices .. around 1/3rd UK ... Thing was .. they also ran the Flight Planning setup next door... and if no-one bought a kit the flight plan always seem to get delayed ....

I must have bought and given away as pressies  a dozen or  more !!!  but as I lived in a single mans room in the Mess never actually owned one myself .. simply due to lack of space !!

:-/ :-/ :-/

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #40 on: 21 October 2008, 01:14:39 »

Ah that's great news Martin!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

At last that is progress as the tender drive never seemed to give a satisfactory performance (well when I used to watch and help my ex husband 'play' with his layout) :D :y

The Wrenn models, with there heavy cast bodies and motor in the loco could always pull far greater loads than, for example, Hornby's Oliver Cromwell. :(
« Last Edit: 21 October 2008, 01:17:32 by Lizzie_Zoom »

GuzziHero

• Stoke-on-Bloody-Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21 October 2008, 19:50:22 »

I have a Hornby train set of my dad's...I need to dig it out and sell it really, I'd rather see it go to someone who can enjoy it rather than have it sitting doing nothing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.