Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Warranty claim on the Tata.  (Read 10589 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Warranty claim on the Tata.
« Reply #75 on: 28 March 2021, 00:18:32 »

There are guys on the RRS site who tinker around with quite new ones & give themselves in all kinds of problems , leave it to someone who knows what they're doing is my advice, if you can't afford to maintain them correctly steer clear.
So who's that? A main dealer? ;D ;D ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 28 March 2021, 07:35:10 »

There are guys on the RRS site who tinker around with quite new ones & give themselves in all kinds of problems , leave it to someone who knows what they're doing is my advice, if you can't afford to maintain them correctly steer clear.
So who's that? A main dealer? ;D ;D ;D

God forbid 😂😂😂
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 28 March 2021, 18:06:39 »

Yes, Jaguar and LR share many parts.

Up til recently, the LR part was cheaper than the identical Jag part, but the company is trying to resolve that.  Fortunately, its trivial for me to get the engineering part number, and cross ref the different marque's part numbers.

As said earlier, if the lock motors are passive/keyless entry without soft close, there are only 2 manufacturers, the original OE part, or some even worse chinky piece of tat.  If a mechanic is telling you otherwise, I'm about 95% certain that somebody is being gullible.

If its not keyless entry, then there are loads of suppliers, as that part has been in use since Moses carried some heavy stones.

If its keyless with soft close, I haven't looked too hard, but only found Brose.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 28 March 2021, 18:30:43 »

Up til recently, the LR part was cheaper than the identical Jag part, but the company is trying to resolve that.  Fortunately, its trivial for me to get the engineering part number, and cross ref the different marque's part numbers.

As said earlier, if the lock motors are passive/keyless entry without soft close, there are only 2 manufacturers, the original OE part, or some even worse chinky piece of tat.  If a mechanic is telling you otherwise, I'm about 95% certain that somebody is being gullible.

If its not keyless entry, then there are loads of suppliers, as that part has been in use since Moses carried some heavy stones.

If its keyless with soft close, I haven't looked too hard, but only found Brose.

I would like to know what actually fails in the actuator part of the door central locking system , surely it can't be hard to rectify ? I know we have said before it's a nice little earner for them but there are people buying new Jags/Land Rovers & having problems in the first few months , the other big problem  on the RR can be the EPB the module is quite expensive and seems to deteriorate through lack of use I had a reconditioned one fitted by my indi at a fraction of the price of a new one thought it was worth a try but I make sure I use it and not just leave the vehicle in P.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 28 March 2021, 19:00:19 »

I would like to know what actually fails in the actuator part of the door central locking system , surely it can't be hard to rectify ? I know we have said before it's a nice little earner for them but there are people buying new Jags/Land Rovers & having problems in the first few months , the other big problem  on the RR can be the EPB the module is quite expensive and seems to deteriorate through lack of use I had a reconditioned one fitted by my indi at a fraction of the price of a new one thought it was worth a try but I make sure I use it and not just leave the vehicle in P.
As Jaime would say, Electronic parking brakes are universally shite. Yet they seem to be putting them on to everything, I drove a modern corsa last month and that had one. The car had only done 700 miles, but the action of the parking brake seem slow and strained.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 28 March 2021, 19:14:42 »

As Jaime would say, Electronic parking brakes are universally shite. Yet they seem to be putting them on to everything, I drove a modern corsa last month and that had one. The car had only done 700 miles, but the action of the parking brake seem slow and strained.

I really don't like a lot of these electronic gizmos but as you say Steve they're putting them on everything I'd sooner have a normal handbrake & open the door with a key but this is progress as they say..😀

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 28 March 2021, 19:22:34 »

Normal handbrake, yes...... open the door with a key?  Don't be so silly.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 28 March 2021, 19:31:38 »

Do you not realise that I was a Prison Officer before I retired ?
I miss having keys 😂😂😂

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 28 March 2021, 21:31:01 »

Do you not realise that I was a Prison Officer before I retired ?
I miss having keys 😂😂😂

I have loads of old ones, so I'll send you a bunch if you like!  :y  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 28 March 2021, 21:51:20 »

you'd have thunk the criminals would have keyless entry for their cells nowadays with all the money they make  :P

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 29 March 2021, 00:07:19 »

It's not just Jaime that would say that; so would I.

They are:

badly thought through
poorly designed
over complicated
terribly under engineered
flimsy
many lack a workable manual release - German ones are particularly bad for this
completely unnecessary.

A manually operated handbrake has: 3 levers, two cables and a spring.

An electric handbrake has, as a minimum: a switch, an ECU, wiring, at least one motor, some gearing and a mechanism(which is usually cables) to connect the gearing to the calipers. This can be 'simplified' by fitting the motors inside each caliper, but anyone who has ever looked at a brake that has been used will understand in an instant why this is utterly moronic.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 29 March 2021, 08:22:58 »

Really can't see the problem with a normal handbrake , it's not as if it's difficult to operate , and please don't get me started on the lack of a spare wheel or a spacesaver, I wouldn't even entertain a vehicle with either, the world has gone nuts about doing things stupidly.
« Last Edit: 29 March 2021, 08:27:30 by Rangie »

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 29 March 2021, 08:47:15 »

When they first came out, motoring journalists said 'They were the answer to a question that nobody had asked'.   ;D
All they do is free up space/tidy up the centre console.

many lack a workable manual release - German ones are particularly bad for this
completely unnecessary.

On my Audi I have to use VagCom to release the rear calipers. As the voltage needs to remain stable whilst working on them it advises hooking up the battery charger to the vehicle when working on them. What a faff compared to the traditional handbrake.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 29 March 2021, 09:09:01 »

All they do is free up space/tidy up the centre console. ....
Unless your 'handbrake' is a foot brake like Merc & he US tend to use  ;)

On my Audi I have to use VagCom to release the rear calipers. As the voltage needs to remain stable whilst working on them it advises hooking up the battery charger to the vehicle when working on them. What a faff compared to the traditional handbrake.
You can release the caliper on my ML via the dash cluster menu ... when you eventually find the relevant menu  :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 29 March 2021, 09:19:43 »

All they do is free up space/tidy up the centre console. ....
Unless your 'handbrake' is a foot brake like Merc & the US tend to use  ;)

My sister-in-law left her Mercedes on our drive and I needed to move it to work on it. Took me a few seconds to work out the handbrake.  ;D  I could see the release handle on the dash but couldn't see the foot part of it straight away.  ::)
Can't be that elegant to watch when she lifts her leg to operate it.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.