Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Top 5%  (Read 19613 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Top 5%
« Reply #135 on: 25 November 2019, 19:03:33 »

One for LC0112G as he appears in the know for these things....

From the Tory election pledges, one thing that sparked my interest was raise in 40% threshold from 50k to 80k, do you think this would actually take place and if so over how much time?

Can't see them doing it in one hit?  :-\
Tunnie,
Accept that as a high rate tax payer, you are classed as one of the rich people (as the country has run out of truly rich people and businesses), thus under the inevitable Labour government, you personally are expected to pay for the lame and lazy of society.

Which is why I seriously hope and pray Boris gets a solid majority and Labour get no way near power.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 25 November 2019, 19:13:21 »

From the Tory election pledges, one thing that sparked my interest was raise in 40% threshold from 50k to 80k, do you think this would actually take place and if so over how much time?

Tunnie,
Accept that as a high rate tax payer, you are classed as one of the rich people (as the country has run out of truly rich people and businesses), thus under the inevitable Labour government, you personally are expected to pay for the lame and lazy of society.

Which is why I seriously hope and pray Boris gets a solid majority and Labour get no way near power.
Well, straight away he has lost 48% of the vote (and probably a lot of the 52% as well, seeing as he has, by most peoples reckoning come up with a worse deal than Theresa May). So that depends how that splits between the other numpties...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 25 November 2019, 19:14:59 »

Going through the process of creating a new one, as the password reset system claimed I didn't have an account.

Funny how I have it written down as "Government Gateway" and the ID is the same format as the new one.  As said, knobjockeys.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 25 November 2019, 19:21:22 »

Well, opps knows who the forecast was for that I got a week ago, as whoever that ID belonged to is getting a different state pension to me ;D.  Shame the little shit shares my NI number ;).  I still actually have the printout which has the NI number on it.

So I suspect the system is tosh.  But then, I believe, HRMC outsource to Crapita? So all bets are off really.

Anyway, my forecast is £168.60, but I assume that is if I keep working to a set point, as I know I've currently only got 31 years of contributions.  So all that hasn't really helped show where I am *NOW*
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 25 November 2019, 19:25:09 »

Errr, another quickie chaps....

My NI record shows 33 years.  I know for a fact that I never paid NI on my part time job while I was at school.  As nobody knew about it ;D

But for 2 years, whilst still at school, I have 52 weeks of NI credits each year?

Is that correct?
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 25 November 2019, 19:25:18 »

Tunnie,

Well, straight away he has lost 48% of the vote (and probably a lot of the 52% as well, seeing as he has, by most peoples reckoning come up with a worse deal than Theresa May). So that depends how that splits between the other numpties...

I think a bulk of the “48” have accepted the referendum and just want to get on with it all. If the 48% believed that strongly why are the Lib Dem’s so weak in the polls?

STEMO

« Reply #141 on: 25 November 2019, 19:37:34 »

Log into your Government Gateway or whatever it's called this week, and look at the State Pensions page. It should tell you what you have currently built up.
LOL, it was only about a fortnight ago I last checked, now my (same, obviously) government id is invalid. And the reset option takes you to HMRC that just loops around in circles.

Civil Service, all knobjockeys  >:(

Grrr
Shall I say it?  :-\

I've never had any trouble with government gateway  ;D
The same details cut and pasted in no longer work. Not even I can cock up cut&paste.

oppswits.
The links to create a brand new government ID take you to a page where you have to log in with your government ID.

;D How the fudge can you create an account if you don't have an account.

https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension/sign-in/create-account?_ga=1044077677.1574710516

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 25 November 2019, 19:49:31 »

Tunnie,

I think a bulk of the “48” have accepted the referendum and just want to get on with it all. If the 48% believed that strongly why are the Lib Dem’s so weak in the polls?
They always traditionally are, as their policies never seem to click with people.  I think the idea of a withdraw A50 was a desperate attempt to get a chunk of that 48%. If they are weak, be worried. As that means Labour are stronger. And we all know that a Labour government with Corbyn as PM will be a monumental disaster.

I don't think Boris appeals much to the man in the street any more, due to trust issues.  Also, the people hanging out of Farage's backside don't like it because he has a deal on the table. The remainers don't like it because, well, he has a deal on the table.

Labour is currently promising just about everything to all but "the rich" (think of the higher rate tax payers, irrespective of whether £50k is a high income), and will piss it all up the wall on renationalising everything, before, in true civil service style, cocking it all up.  Look at the mess of *any* civil service run pseudo company.

The kids love him because all tuition fees will go. The stupid majority love him because he will somehow save the NHS. The rural communities will love him because the nationalised BT/Sky/CityFibre/Vodafone/Gigaclear will provide 10Mbps to rural areas. Granted, Jews might not like him much.

Personally, I detest the man, and what he stands for.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 25 November 2019, 19:57:31 »

My NI record shows 33 years.  I know for a fact that I never paid NI on my part time job while I was at school.  As nobody knew about it ;D

But for 2 years, whilst still at school, I have 52 weeks of NI credits each year?

Is that correct?
Specifically, for the 2 years in question, it says this...

National Insurance credits: 52 weeks

These may have been added to your record if you were ill/disabled, unemployed, caring for someone full-time or on jury service.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 25 November 2019, 20:00:22 »

I've always been ill in the head, but I was quite able and agile back then. Technically as far as HMRC was concerned I was unemployed because I was in full time education, so I don't think that counts. Carer? Nah. Jury Service, pretty certain you cant do that at 16. I certainly don't remember it, but alcohol, glues and other shit may make it all a bit hazy.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 25 November 2019, 20:42:21 »

The Tories will win a majority. I'm so confident of it that if I'm wrong, I will drive to Dover, buy a dinghy and row it across the channel and escape to utopia (aka France).
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 25 November 2019, 20:49:19 »

Is that correct?

These may have been added to your record if you were ill/disabled, unemployed, caring for someone full-time or on jury service.

Everyone gets credited for the two years that they were 17 and 18 and in full time education or training.

The 33/35 year think is only correct for people who commenced NI payments after 2016. You started before 2016 so chances are you won't need 33/35 years to achieve the £168 total. Infact, from what you're saying you are already there, and any future NI payments won't increase your SP.
« Last Edit: 25 November 2019, 20:53:59 by LC0112G »

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 25 November 2019, 20:52:56 »

Is that correct?

Everyone gets credited for the two years that they were 17 and 18.

The 33/35 year think is only correct for people who commenced NI payments after 2016. You started before 2016 so chances are you won't need 33/35 years to achieve the £168 total. Infact, from what you're saying you are already there, and any future NI payments won't increase your SP.

Am I right in thinking that £168 is the maximum State Pension at the present moment in time ?
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 25 November 2019, 20:56:37 »

£168.60 p/w :)
Onanists always think outside the box.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 25 November 2019, 21:00:11 »

Am I right in thinking that £168 is the maximum State Pension at the present moment in time ?

No.

When the system changed in 2016 if you had already built up an entitlement to more than £168 then you got to keep the old amount under the old rules. In theory it was possible to build up over £300 under the old BasicSP+SERPS calculations.

However, if you were under £168 back in 2016 then the maximum you can now get is £168.

It's also possible to defer taking your state pension. If you do that your pension is boosted by 5% for every year you defer. So deferring by 1 year gets you £176, two years gets you £184 etc.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 17 queries.