Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.0 cams or a 3.2 transplant  (Read 2069 times)

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
  • Astra VXR it's a way of life
    • View Profile
3.0 cams or a 3.2 transplant
« on: 12 May 2009, 20:44:44 »

Yep i have decided i want more power as i have now got used to the 2.5, after coming from a 236bhp RS Turbo and a 450BHP Cosworth it was not going to take long was it ;D ;D

Anyway a good friend from the forum has adviced to get hold of a ex police 3.2 and do the transplant this way as i also want to swop over the suspension at the same time..

Option 2

Would to be to just put in 3.0 cams and lower the car 40mm and upgrade the shocks to help with the suspension, in time i want 18" wheels also, just tried 19" snowflakes and they looked poor..

also i would if possible think about high lift cams along with bigger injectors and  bigger fuel pump and possibly remapping etc etc

any advice is listened too and appreciated :y

Andy
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

RobseyMV6

• west sussex
    • View Profile
Re: 3.0 cams or a 3.2 transplant
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2009, 21:22:13 »

All sounds a good up grand Andy :y

Sounds like your good friend has the right idea  ::)

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2009, 21:27:51 »

All sounds a good up grand Andy :y

Sounds like your good friend has the right idea  ::)

This bloke is top's mate  :D why do you know him  ;D ;D ;D
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • BMW E92, 2.6 CD F/L Est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2009, 22:11:13 »

Yep i have decided i want more power as i have now got used to the 2.5, after coming from a 236bhp RS Turbo and a 450BHP Cosworth it was not going to take long was it ;D ;D

Anyway a good friend from the forum has adviced to get hold of a ex police 3.2 and do the transplant this way as i also want to swop over the suspension at the same time..

Option 2

Would to be to just put in 3.0 cams and lower the car 40mm and upgrade the shocks to help with the suspension, in time i want 18" wheels also, just tried 19" snowflakes and they looked poor..

also i would if possible think about high lift cams along with bigger injectors and  bigger fuel pump and possibly remapping etc etc

Andy

i'v looked at getting more power out of the omega engines, your best bet is to go supercharged with the standard cams (the higher lift 3.0 cams are no good for using with boost)

also if it's an ex plod thats still got a 3.2 then it's either not died yet or its already half dead (i had an ex plod that was onto a 3.0 which died a week after i bought it and serviced it with help from markey mark)

if you want much more power then either go for a V8 conversion, put one of the 2.8T vectra engines in or buy a faster car to begin with :P
thats my 2p worth anyway
V8!!!!

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • BMW E92, 2.6 CD F/L Est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2009, 22:12:43 »

p.s from memory you'll get 15bhp remapping the 3.0 at best
V8!!!!

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2009, 22:16:36 »

Aren't the cranks on 2.5/3.0 made of chocolate and won't take much tunning?
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2009, 22:18:23 »

Aren't the cranks on 2.5/3.0 made of chocolate and won't take much tunning?

i have also heard this too
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2009, 22:20:57 »

Option 2

Andy

i'v looked at getting more power out of the omega engines, your best bet is to go supercharged with the standard cams (the higher lift 3.0 cams are no good for using with boost)

also if it's an ex plod thats still got a 3.2 then it's either not died yet or its already half dead (i had an ex plod that was onto a 3.0 which died a week after i bought it and serviced it with help from markey mark)

if you want much more power then either go for a V8 conversion, put one of the 2.8T vectra engines in or buy a faster car to begin with :P
thats my 2p worth anyway

Advice i will take on board, but dont want to get into spending thousands like i did with the cosworth £15,000 in all
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2009, 22:22:40 »

Steinmetz use half a bar boost with a blower the v6s wont take much theyre high compression to begin with!

ive heard v6 saab pistons & rods are required for higher boost

in all fairness it would be too hard to s/c one better off with NoS

forget turbos not a chance!

explod cars have been ragged to F**k and abused theyre test exempt so despite what people say theyre neglected &* bodged where possible i had a v6 2.5 vectra expolice 79k the engine blew up at 92k! bad show i reckon

for a transplant your better off getting an Auto 3.0 elite thats been cherished and using that as the donor car

3.0 mv6s cost a fairbit too much and generally wont be found for cheap (Non Explod ones) 3.0s go for export so scrappies wont want to seel complete cars as theyre getting £500 for exporting em

this is what im doing to mine 3.0 MV6

3.2 Ex Manifolds (Next Month)
Remove V6 Centre silencers (after manifolds)
Chip 3.0 (Done)

doing that should free up a few ponies or change the tourqe curve abit im hoping

also thinking of camming my 3.0 not sure yet though
« Last Edit: 12 May 2009, 22:28:22 by tmx »

KillerWatt

« Reply #9 on: 12 May 2009, 22:39:46 »

Stop messing about....1400cc......499BHP......22lbs boost (on standard unleaded fuel).....250+ mph....lets see how big your balls really are ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM9nPxwdq5A

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 May 2009, 22:43:04 »

Steinmetz use half a bar boost with a blower the v6s wont take much theyre high compression to begin with!

ive heard v6 saab pistons & rods are required for higher boost

in all fairness it would be too hard to s/c one better off with NoS

forget turbos not a chance!

explod cars have been ragged to F**k and abused theyre test exempt so despite what people say theyre neglected &* bodged where possible i had a v6 2.5 vectra expolice 79k the engine blew up at 92k! bad show i reckon

for a transplant your better off getting an Auto 3.0 elite thats been cherished and using that as the donor car

3.0 mv6s cost a fairbit too much and generally wont be found for cheap (Non Explod ones) 3.0s go for export so scrappies wont want to seel complete cars as theyre getting £500 for exporting em

this is what im doing to mine 3.0 MV6

3.2 Ex Manifolds (Next Month)
Remove V6 Centre silencers (after manifolds)
Chip 3.0 (Done)

doing that should free up a few ponies or change the tourqe curve abit im hoping

also thinking of camming my 3.0 not sure yet though

Thanks TMX for your advice :y :y
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 May 2009, 22:44:55 »

Stop messing about....1400cc......499BHP......22lbs boost (on standard unleaded fuel).....250+ mph....lets see how big your balls really are ;)

Seen these bike engines in track cars etc but not with that sort of power.........
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

KillerWatt

« Reply #12 on: 12 May 2009, 22:53:19 »

Seen these bike engines in track cars etc but not with that sort of power.........

I've seen 600 screwed out of the Busa lump (although it is quite fragile at that point).
Mate of mine (Mr Miniman on a few fora) has a twin Busa engined Mini making 800BHP in total (400 across each axle set)....that's fun on a track day.

The Busa lumps are getting quite popular in Mini's, Golf's, etc...mainly because..

A:  No-one can get the same power levels out of the standard lumps.
B: Weight....the Busa lump weighs a darn site less than a Mini/Golf lump all day long.

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 May 2009, 22:57:42 »

Bike engines are best in bikes!

i seen a New shape Ninja ZX1000 that had nitrous on seen it at a cruise and it was seriously quick wheelie popping in every gear!

anyone heard of the Boss Hoff V8 bike i bet thats got some monster tourqe

KillerWatt

« Reply #14 on: 12 May 2009, 23:25:34 »

i seen a New shape Ninja ZX1000 that had nitrous on seen it at a cruise and it was seriously quick wheelie popping in every gear!
Watch the Busa video....200mph....snap the throttle.....front end airborne (no clutch dumping, just pure power) and accelerates away to 240mph on the back wheel.

anyone heard of the Boss Hoff V8 bike i bet thats got some monster tourqe
On paper the Boss Hoss is $hit hot...in reality it's not very usable at all.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2009, 23:26:40 by KillerWatt »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.