Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: getting out of hand  (Read 986 times)

albitz

Re: getting out of hand
« Reply #15 on: 09 December 2010, 22:46:43 »

Anyone with a passing interest in politics knows that the Limpdems would sell their own grannies for a sniff of power Nick. ;) ;D

Chris_H

• Omega Knight
  • E London/Essex UK
    • Jag XF Portfolio S 3.0D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 December 2010, 22:52:30 »

To be honest, Im surprised that people who are supposedly clever enough to study at university are naive enough to believe politicians promises, vote accordingly, and then get angry when they discover they were lied to. Welcome to the real world. ;)
It's part of the cycle of life.  Like when you're young you play knock down ginger and when you're old you bleat about it like mad.  It'll pass.

I must say it's funny to hear the students talk on the news.  They certainly haven't mastered the English language, a lot of them, let alone the issue.  And I'm not referring to the foreign students either. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 09 December 2010, 22:53:22 by ChrisH174 »
First Vauxhall - PABX Cresta; Previous, previous Vauxhall - 3.0 12v Senator CD; Previous Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0V6 Saloon Auto

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 December 2010, 00:52:41 »

My sympathy for the students left when they started rioting... Peaceful demonstration is fair enough but the Riots and damage some have caused is unforgivable.

I think that fees rising is reasonable, for the "Mickey Mouse" degrees which some people are taking just to get a degree.  :-/

Anyway... The point is that we live in a civilised society (supposedly!) and the minority of students who are rioting and trashing the towns and cities are, frankly, not civilised... Lock them up under "Terrorism" charges as that is what they are >:( >:(
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 December 2010, 02:16:54 »

Getting away from the question as to whether student fees should be raised or not, the real issue for me is the fact that we had a party (the Limp Dems) who stated categorically in their manifesto that they would never support this policy. And yet (although some stood by their principles), the upper echelons of that party decided it was more important to support the coalition than honour their pre-election pledge. Was it the smell of leather in their ministerial cars, their huge financial benefits, or future political ladder rungs that made them so dishonourable? I don't know, but they have further enlarged the massive gulf between politicians and the electorate, and that must be bad for the country. :( >:(   

Yeah but i suppose that when they entered into the coalition they then fully realised the true extent of the mess that shambolic labour had created, so had no choice.

Getting back to the students, the way I see it is that they are a bunch of spotty children, they have never worked, paid taxes or contributed anything to the country. They are so self righteous and think they know it all. They want to go to uni for 3/4 years, have a bloody good time, spend money in the pub everynight, and not a pay a bloody penny for it. You go to uni to learn, not to party everynight. Just more people in this country who want something for nothing.

Perhaps after they have been to uni, provided they don't duff it, then get a job, a mortgage and live in the real world they will realise and perhaps change their mind.

Great, free education! But who pays the lecturers salaries? The building maintenance costs? And everything else?

You want something - you pay for it.
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 December 2010, 10:15:54 »

To be honest, Im surprised that people who are supposedly clever enough to study at university are naive enough to believe politicians promises, vote accordingly, and then get angry when they discover they were lied to. Welcome to the real world. ;)
It's part of the cycle of life.  Like when you're young you play knock down ginger and when you're old you bleat about it like mad.  It'll pass.

I must say it's funny to hear the students talk on the news.  They certainly haven't mastered the English language, a lot of them, let alone the issue.  And I'm not referring to the foreign students either. ;D ;D

Yes, I'd certainly agree with that Chris.

It does however highlight the difficulty in policing these events and shows once again the failure of police tactics (in the overall sense) despite having the example of recent disturbances to draw on.

It also shows that there is a hard-core of dissidents prepared to use whatever vehicle is available to push their own violent agenda.
« Last Edit: 10 December 2010, 13:44:51 by Zulu77 »

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 December 2010, 13:13:37 »

a student is now complaining that a copper hit him on the swede with a truncheon

im now complaining the coppers didnt bash enough of them ;D

Mysteryman

« Reply #21 on: 10 December 2010, 13:19:09 »

If any of the offenders are ever brought to justice, an example must be made. These people have no fear of arrest as it's usually a slap on the wrist.
They need to be made to understand that, regardless of the cost of their education, they will have trouble gaining employment with a criminal record and possibly a short prison term behind them.
In fact, I would go further and debar them from studying in all universities in this country. Have nothing to complain about then, would they? :)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 December 2010, 13:21:20 »

If any of the offenders are ever brought to justice, an example must be made. These people have no fear of arrest as it's usually a slap on the wrist.
They need to be made to understand that, regardless of the cost of their education, they will have trouble gaining employment with a criminal record and possibly a short prison term behind them.
In fact, I would go further and debar them from studying in all universities in this country. Have nothing to complain about then, would they? :)

Here, Here !! A damn good birching would do the trick!
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.