Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interior bulbs  (Read 1329 times)

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Interior bulbs
« on: 11 October 2007, 22:24:24 »

Ey up

Yes, it's Pete the Omega new kid, with yet another question... I'm sure as I gain experience of mine, I'll be answering a few too.. :D

Facelift MV6, CCR2006 stereo, and I believe it's the MID... and climate control, which I think is standard... anyhow...

I'm looking to swap all the bulbs inside the car - instrument panels, dials, climate display, kerb lights, interior lights. I'm yet to decide which colour I want, I was just wondering first of all how many, and what type of bulbs, I'd need - and second of all, I've looked at the climate bulb guide for the PF - is it roughly the same for the facelift?
 How much work is it to remove and replace the bulbs throughout the interior... how much potential is there for me to fry something important... and if I disconnected the battery, would it a) prevent said frying and b) mean I'd then need a radio code?

Regards
Pete
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Interior bulbs
« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2007, 10:29:14 »

Disconnecting battery is the obvious thing to do. You would need radio code, obviously.

A few have tried with those gay blue leds, but most thing they are too bright/distracting.

Never done facelift climate panel, but must be fairly obvious....
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2007, 10:36:13 »

A few have tried with those gay blue leds, but most thing they are too bright/distracting.

Jury's still out on whether you like them then?

I looked down whilst driving mine at night the other day and it struck me that there are lights everywhere in this car.

Window switches, mirror switches, steering wheel buttons, heater controls, all over the place on the dash, etc. etc. and mine's only a poverty spec MV6 interior  ;)

I think the amount of work involved in changing the colour of every one would put me right off. They'll stay orange!

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2007, 10:49:17 »

Jury's still out on whether you like them then?

I looked down whilst driving mine at night the other day and it struck me that there are lights everywhere in this car.

Window switches, mirror switches, steering wheel buttons, heater controls, all over the place on the dash, etc. etc. and mine's only a poverty spec MV6 interior  ;)

I think the amount of work involved in changing the colour of every one would put me right off. They'll stay orange!

Kevin
I hate the bloody things.

I had a (rather excellent) Dell TV until last week, and the only design fault I could find was the 'Dell Blue' LEDs on the set and the remote backlight.

I think blue LEDs, on anything, look chavish.  Made worse by the fact the blues only seem to be available in ultra brights.

The blue LED on my phone is annoying to the point I tend to turn bluetooth off.

Rant over. For now.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 October 2007, 11:24:05 »

Yeah, I agree.

Even my aerial amplifier, which sits buried in the loft and is never seen, has a 'kin bright blue LED on it. Not that you'd know cos it's covered in black PVC tape now ;D Used to get my retinas burned out every time I went to in the loft.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 October 2007, 12:39:31 »

Yeah, I agree.

Even my aerial amplifier, which sits buried in the loft and is never seen, has a 'kin bright blue LED on it. Not that you'd know cos it's covered in black PVC tape now ;D Used to get my retinas burned out every time I went to in the loft.

Kevin
Think of it as permenent loft lighting ;D
Grumpy old man

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 October 2007, 17:35:04 »

Yeah, I agree.

Kevin
Think of it as permenent loft lighting ;D

Mood lighting? Not sure what mood you want in a loft, mind... :D

Yeah, blue's a definite no-no - I think either deep purple, limeade green, or ice white would look great on the climate display, I'm not sure on the dials though. Hmm. Have to photo it at night, then put it through photoshop to see how it looks...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 October 2007, 17:50:45 »

What ever image is associated with BMW they are, on the whole, good cars. Let doen though IMHO by the horrible [size=22]RED[/size] dash lighting

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 October 2007, 19:15:19 »

As it happens, one of the bulbs has gone anyway... while I'm in there to change one, may as well do them all, eh? :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.