Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trafficmaster reception issues  (Read 837 times)

rastiman

• Suffolk
    • View Profile
Trafficmaster reception issues
« on: 31 October 2010, 08:53:47 »

Hi all,

My Trafficmaster unit has lost the ability to receive data when passing under the sensors, but will sometimes pick a signal up, albeit once in a blue moon!

I fitted a new radio last year, and used an ISO adapter, so Im guessing I've dislodged something. It has been working up until recently though.

Does anyone know if the signal is picked up via the radio aerial, or can I link it into the stubby aerial on the roof which used to serve a car phone?

I actually like my Trafficmaster, so if somebody could please let me know where the aerial connects, it would be much appreciated!  :)
Replaced since March 09: Cam cover gaskets, plugs, leads, DIS, front suspension arms, multiram switch AND a partridge in a pear tree!!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Trafficmaster reception issues
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2010, 09:49:15 »

Is your TM unit a silver (up to around 2000) or a black one (around 2000 onwards)?

Silver have a seperate antenna that plugs into the actual TM unit via a BNC plug. Antenna behind dash.  Black type has an internal antenna built into the unit itself.

Presumably, the unit hasn't expired its subscription?  Does it pipe up if you press the button?
Grumpy old man

Debs.

« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2010, 11:34:40 »

Is it perhaps the audio connection to your radio loom that dodgy?.....maybe she`s receiving and telling, but you cant hear her; except when the moon`s blue. ;)

rastiman

• Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2010, 16:27:30 »

Hi Guys

The unit is a silver one (it's a mini facelift), and the subscription is up to date.

The sound comes through loud and clear when I press the button, so Im guessing it's the aerial connection...  :-/

The wonders of "modern" technology!!!

Replaced since March 09: Cam cover gaskets, plugs, leads, DIS, front suspension arms, multiram switch AND a partridge in a pear tree!!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 October 2010, 18:06:13 »

Check the BNC connector on the TM unit then, ensure that its fully in and twisted :y
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.