Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: The Omega Replacement conundrum.  (Read 61489 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: The Omega Replacement conundrum.
« Reply #165 on: 25 August 2016, 10:22:09 »

Tad more miles, but this is stonking value.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201605204137994

I read the engines were refined a bit late 2010, going to have to drive one, see what's what.

What the hell is wrong with you  :-\

fnarking disgusting ugly obese astra full of the shittest plastics known to man, a disgusting boring 4 pot diesel piece of WWD cack, shit ride quality, noisey scratty little rep taxi. I would honestly rather walk than ever get in one of those abominations ever again.

Just get a CLS already dammit!  :P

Sadly I need something that ticks all the boxes, not the most inspiring car but I want something that's fairly cheap to run but has a few toys and has a bit of comfort.

I really do like the CLS, but not sure it will be practical enough for my needs. Hence now also looking at 2008-ish vintage E-Class 320's

Similar interior, same peach of V6 diesel engine just bags more practical.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 25 August 2016, 11:50:19 »

Tad more miles, but this is stonking value.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201605204137994

I read the engines were refined a bit late 2010, going to have to drive one, see what's what.

What the hell is wrong with you  :-\

fnarking disgusting ugly obese astra full of the shittest plastics known to man, a disgusting boring 4 pot diesel piece of WWD cack, shit ride quality, noisey scratty little rep taxi. I would honestly rather walk than ever get in one of those abominations ever again.

Just get a CLS already dammit!  :P

Sadly I need something that ticks all the boxes, not the most inspiring car but I want something that's fairly cheap to run but has a few toys and has a bit of comfort.

I really do like the CLS, but not sure it will be practical enough for my needs. Hence now also looking at 2008-ish vintage E-Class 320's

Similar interior, same peach of V6 diesel engine just bags more practical.

Please don't. :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 25 August 2016, 11:58:14 »

Time for diesel  :)

I found the 320 MB engine a peach, silky smooth and apart from rev gauge not going up as far, very hard to tell it was not petrol.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 25 August 2016, 12:13:04 »

I found the 320 MB engine a peach, silky smooth and apart from rev gauge not going up as far, very hard to tell it was not petrol.

I have never understood the whole diesel experience.

Other than low CO2 figures (which means inexpensive road tax) and decent fuel consumption, they offer little in my humble opinion.

They throw out so much pollution that some authorities are charging extra for both parking and driving a derv car.

In addition, they are expensive to fix as they age, more so than cars using proper fuel.

Sorry, but not a fan of derv. :y

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 25 August 2016, 12:19:26 »

I've not long got my first diesel, apart from a slightly louder and very different engine sound, I don't see any great performance difference between it and my MV6, but I'm not a boy racer type driver.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 25 August 2016, 12:22:50 »

I've not long got my first diesel, apart from a slightly louder and very different engine sound, I don't see any great performance difference between it and my MV6, but I'm not a boy racer type driver.

Same type of driver here, my main concern about the Merc is the 7g gearbox and its reliability.  :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 25 August 2016, 12:27:09 »

Same type of driver here, my main concern about the Merc is the 7g gearbox and its reliability.  :-\

If it is the same  or similar to the box in my Merc than I wouldn't concern yourself too much.

I thought the box was excellent and having seven speeds meant that the engine was always in the right gear for instant acceleration. :y

Consider a petrol CLS 350. :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 25 August 2016, 12:43:17 »

7g has 5 forward 2 reverse gears, apparently. Just concerned on it's life as examples I'm looking at are around 100k and I'm doing around 15k miles a year.

Can't consider petrols, I'm currently running the 3.2 as my work car. 23mpg has an effect on the wallet.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 25 August 2016, 13:00:18 »

7g has 5 forward 2 reverse gears, apparently. Just concerned on it's life as examples I'm looking at are around 100k and I'm doing around 15k miles a year.

Can't consider petrols, I'm currently running the 3.2 as my work car. 23mpg has an effect on the wallet.  ;D

I get a new car tomorrow. :y

Well, not new, but July 2013(13) :y

It runs on petrol and even in my wildest dreams won't return 23 MPG.

citroenguy

• Sweden
    • 2005 Citroën C5 2.0SX
    • View Profile
124k on the C5
I like Omegas Senators and all other big 90´s euro saloons.
Previous motors: 3x Rover 600s, Citroën ZX, Volvo 850

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 25 August 2016, 13:15:56 »

Humm not bad looking Estates are they? Very reasonable prices too.

I'm calling by a garage on way home that's open late, it has loads of options I'm considering. V70/A6 Avant/Insignia Tourer etc.

I need to get in and drive them really, as at the moment I'm just looking at photos and reviews. But now I've got some free time again, need to get my arse in these cars and drive them

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 25 August 2016, 13:23:01 »

Humm not bad looking Estates are they? Very reasonable prices too.

I'm calling by a garage on way home that's open late, it has loads of options I'm considering. V70/A6 Avant/Insignia Tourer etc.

I need to get in and drive them really, as at the moment I'm just looking at photos and reviews. But now I've got some free time again, need to get my arse in these cars and drive them

On a practical note many new cars are low -slung these days leaving little headroom for the taller driver.

I'm only six-one so not properly tall like yourself. Even so I find in most cars I need the seat as low as it will go. It is very annoying when your hair/head constantly rubs against the roof. :-\

Cars of old could be driven with a top hat.

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 25 August 2016, 13:25:48 »

CLS 350  40mpg
CLS 350 CDI  46mpg

If you buy an insignificant I will track you down and set fire to it.  >:(  It's for your own good!  :D
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

aaronjb

« Reply #178 on: 25 August 2016, 13:52:22 »

7 Forward, 2 Reverse (You don't call your 5 speed Omega a 6 speed, do you? ;)) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_7G-Tronic_transmission#Specifications

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 25 August 2016, 16:28:24 »

WTF? 2 Reverse gears... Why? :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.