Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: French Cars  (Read 6654 times)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
Re: French Cars
« Reply #30 on: 15 August 2015, 17:42:51 »

well I have just been lumbered with a megane estate as a company car....what a pile of crap....goes into the garage 2 weeks ago knackered rear shocks...comes back 3 days later ABS Fault.Brake Fault,Traction Control Fault and boot wont open...roll on September as it gets replaced for an Astra
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15 August 2015, 18:43:07 »

The froggeys have built some mental cars
Peugeot 205 T16, 405 m16, the Reno 25 super touring car in the 90s, R5gt turbo, o and the mid engined gourdini.
 just mad cars like the French, and temperamental, garlic shrug ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15 August 2015, 18:48:51 »

The froggeys have built some mental cars
Peugeot 205 T16, 405 m16, the Reno 25 super touring car in the 90s, R5gt turbo, o and the mid engined gourdini.
 just mad cars like the French, and temperamental, garlic shrug ;D

they have also built some right shite
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15 August 2015, 18:49:25 »

Any bold heads are like cheese on french cars  ::) I think the plastic clips they use are stronger  :( Still you wont be buying a 106 will you  ;D
Omegatitis

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 15 August 2015, 20:34:33 »

Patriotism.

My view is that from experience Europeans excluding Brits are very patriotic. i.e. they buy their own stuff. Here in Spain SEATs rule. They do of course have BMW's and Mercedes as they don't make those. The locals are quite incredulous when you say we in Britain make very fine cheese . If you do , how come it isn't for sale on our supermarket shelves they say? I know the Spanish have a buy Spanish campaign on at the moment for things like electrical goods.

Supporting home team or home driver. It goes without saying that a Spaniard wouldn't dream of not supporting Sainz or Alonso in F1. Yet many Brits support Vettel , Senna, Schumacher etc on talent and not nationality.

The French are the same.

I think mass tourism changed Britain. We went away to exotic places and came back and wanted to eat exotic food. Hence the supermarkets being full of foreign produce. I think we are the same when it comes to buying cars, fridges etc. We really don't care so long as the price is right.

This is my experience as well. The French are very patriotic when it comes to car buying. Brits are much more mercenary on buying things on price and performance. We are also very good at adopting and adapting many things around the world and calling it our own, especially food as our cuisine was always quite limited compared to many other countries. Tripe, Fray Bentos pies and baked beans don't make the Haute Cuisine list in France. ;D ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 15 August 2015, 20:58:15 »

Patriotism.

My view is that from experience Europeans excluding Brits are very patriotic. i.e. they buy their own stuff. Here in Spain SEATs rule. They do of course have BMW's and Mercedes as they don't make those. The locals are quite incredulous when you say we in Britain make very fine cheese . If you do , how come it isn't for sale on our supermarket shelves they say? I know the Spanish have a buy Spanish campaign on at the moment for things like electrical goods.

Supporting home team or home driver. It goes without saying that a Spaniard wouldn't dream of not supporting Sainz or Alonso in F1. Yet many Brits support Vettel , Senna, Schumacher etc on talent and not nationality.

The French are the same.

I think mass tourism changed Britain. We went away to exotic places and came back and wanted to eat exotic food. Hence the supermarkets being full of foreign produce. I think we are the same when it comes to buying cars, fridges etc. We really don't care so long as the price is right.

This is my experience as well. The French are very patriotic when it comes to car buying. Brits are much more mercenary on buying things on price and performance. We are also very good at adopting and adapting many things around the world and calling it our own, especially food as our cuisine was always quite limited compared to many other countries. Tripe, Fray Bentos pies and baked beans don't make the Haute Cuisine list in France. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Boll*cks.

........in the pies. :D ;D ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 15 August 2015, 21:44:58 »

Patriotism.

The French are the same.

Real food, for men.  ;)

Fixed.
Hoof'land storeman.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 16 August 2015, 13:09:13 »

A lot of activity next door this morning.  Barn doors opened (with some effort), Renault Espace backed up and tow rope attached to something in the barn.  I think "Ooooo this could be interesting, an old tractor perhaps, a vintage Citroen maybe, even a 2CV?"  :-\

Nope, what slowly and protestingly emerged from the barn was a dirty bird shit covered 80's classic...... The Renault 11!  :y

They've been tinkering with it all morning but havn't got it going yet!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #38 on: 16 August 2015, 13:12:49 »

Wasn't the 11 the hatchback version of the 9? We had a 9...... But it can't have been very exciting cause I can't remember much about it.  :-\

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 17 August 2015, 09:51:29 »

http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fs1.cdn.autoevolution.com%2Fimages%2Fgallery%2FRENAULT113door-2071_1.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autoevolution.com%2Fcars%2Frenault-11-3-door-1983.html&h=735&w=1018&tbnid=wo_mSg30zADkMM%3A&docid=F581RgavqSSMUM&hl=en&ei=yH7QVeTsMoT-aImkqNAF&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1030&page=1&start=0&ndsp=11&ved=0CDwQrQMwAmoVChMI5PDPlMqtxwIVBD8aCh0JEgpa

A mate of mine had one of them back in the day. Went well enough with a 1.7 litre lump, but so much body roll it made you seasick.

Still, the front seats reclined to a very, very comfortable position, I'm told, and, to a 19 year old living with his parents at the time, that was, apparently, an important feature.

Thinking about it, I wonder if he'd knackered the shock absorbers? ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 17 August 2015, 11:16:36 »

http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fs1.cdn.autoevolution.com%2Fimages%2Fgallery%2FRENAULT113door-2071_1.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autoevolution.com%2Fcars%2Frenault-11-3-door-1983.html&h=735&w=1018&tbnid=wo_mSg30zADkMM%3A&docid=F581RgavqSSMUM&hl=en&ei=yH7QVeTsMoT-aImkqNAF&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1030&page=1&start=0&ndsp=11&ved=0CDwQrQMwAmoVChMI5PDPlMqtxwIVBD8aCh0JEgpa

A mate of mine had one of them back in the day. Went well enough with a 1.7 litre lump, but so much body roll it made you seasick.

Still, the front seats reclined to a very, very comfortable position, I'm told, and, to a 19 year old living with his parents at the time, that was, apparently, an important feature.

Thinking about it, I wonder if he'd knackered the shock absorbers? ::)

Why?...... ;) :D ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.