Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intermittent reversing light problem & TC light coming on  (Read 1867 times)

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
Intermittent reversing light problem & TC light coming on
« on: 09 January 2021, 22:13:40 »

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't - really only notice when reversing into the driveway at night, so have to use my rear foglights to guide me instead. I'm guessing there's s switch on the gearbox somewhere and then hardwired to the rear cluster? Any pointers as to where it's best to look first?

The TC light comes on after about 25 miles when the car's warm and has been driven. Whilst it's still warm / warmish, the TC light comes on after about 3 miles. So with 6 days a week sat on the damp driveway nothing is amis until the first 25 miles. The roads have been dry today on a 60 miles round trip.

I'm not erger to get under the car until the weather gets better - I can live with the niggles for now, but would be good to have something to go at when I feel inclined and am prepared.
Omega 2.5 V6 Facelift Estates, a CD & a CDX both in the rare star silver colour.

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Intermittent reversing light problem & TC light coming on
« Reply #1 on: 09 January 2021, 22:15:30 »

Should have said manual 2.5 estate Omega - I'm gals I chose a silver one  :y
Omega 2.5 V6 Facelift Estates, a CD & a CDX both in the rare star silver colour.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 January 2021, 22:26:21 »

if a manual gearbox (are they not a myth?  ::)) there is a separate switch on the gearbox .. I can't see they're very expensive to swap to test.

I'd guess at a wheel sensor for the traction control light  :-\ :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2021, 12:10:54 »

Fuse, bulbs, lamp cluster/plugs. Then wiring/switch.

Incidentally, all the rear light wiring runs from the bottom of the left A post to the rear rear left then across the rear panel to the right.

Fogs, tail and reverse are dualled from the left cluster plug iirc.

So if bulbs and plugs check out and you've lost both, there's an issue between the cluster and the switch, possibly moisture related in the footwell/A post.

It's a white wire with black trace, and connects to the switch from the brown *(iirc) round plug in the engine bay via the engine loom/O2 sensor wiring and then to the switch rear left of the box.

* having swapped a few engine looms over the years, this might actually be the only wire to that plug, but it's probably six years since I changed my last one. It's definitely that colour wire though :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2021, 17:52:35 »

Thanks for the replies. Nice to have something to go on.... just need a decent dry day now.

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 January 2021, 12:01:40 »

Not so cold and damp outside today, so thought I'd do a few checks - obvious first, bulbs okay.

Jiggled around in the engine bay, and when I touched the loom that goes down the side of the engine from the big round plug (outboard of the 2) the engine stopped. Disconnected and checked terminals, plugged all back in and  reversing lights working again. Jiggling the loom doesn't cause a problem now.

Any ideas as to what else is within this loom? I'm assuming engine auxiliaries, lambdas, gearbox switch, etc..... are the rear wheel sensor wires in there, or do they go another route inside the car? I won't know about the TC problem until I've done a few miles in it.   

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 January 2021, 12:34:53 »

It's the half the connection between the engine loom and the body. The other half is the top plug on the ecu, plus a fly lead to the battery ;)

ABS is in the body loom iirc :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 January 2021, 12:46:33 »

:y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.