Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Linked Events

• Essex Meet: 15 October 2011
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Time for another meet in Essex?  (Read 17781 times)

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
Re: Time for another meet in Essex?
« Reply #60 on: 19 September 2011, 00:23:03 »

I think we should definately say the 15th October then, and suggest a start time of 12 noon.  :y

Anyone know if it's been cleared with the pub yet?  :-/
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

albitz

« Reply #61 on: 19 September 2011, 00:55:41 »

I think Mrs Cakey was going to check.Havent heard anything back yet. :-/
I finish work at 7.30am that morning and back again at 7.30 that night, so its doubtful for me tbh.Might be able to pay a flying visit at best. :-/

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 19 September 2011, 16:43:03 »

I finish work at 7.30am that morning and back again at 7.30 that night, so its doubtful for me tbh.Might be able to pay a flying visit at best. :-/

It's all in hand I am going to check very soon, can't see it being a problem if last time was anything to go by. :-/

Quick update, I have spoken to venue - prelimanarily booked for 15th October from 12 o'clock onwards.  If they cannot accomodate us they will contact me asap.  So all you OOFer's keep an eye on this thread just in case it don't happen :-/.  Fingers crossed :y.
« Last Edit: 19 September 2011, 16:54:05 by johnnycboy »

Big_Al

« Reply #63 on: 19 September 2011, 16:58:00 »

nice one Johnny --- 15th it is then   :y :y :y

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 19 September 2011, 17:00:22 »

It's all in hand I am going to check very soon, can't see it being a problem if last time was anything to go by. :-/

Quick update, I have spoken to venue - prelimanarily booked for 15th October from 12 o'clock onwards.  If they cannot accomodate us they will contact me asap.  So all you OOFer's keep an eye on this thread just in case it don't happen :-/.  Fingers crossed :y.

Even quicker update, Venue has informed me they cannot accomodate us on this date or any weekend for that matter :( I'm not sure if its under new management :-/

We can just take a chance and turn up but I prefably do not wish to do this :-/

If anybody has any other suggestions you best speak now :question

Otherwise this meet is not going to happen.

Big_Al

« Reply #65 on: 19 September 2011, 17:14:26 »

Crikey - what is up with these people >:( >:( >:(

You would think that what with the country in recession as it is  - any business would be grateful for a decent bit of trade at that time of the day.

Similar response to the one from the management at the shoulder of mutton then John.

We need a plan B   then  ::) ::) ::) ::) could always ask them again I suppose (The Shoulder of mutton I mean)  may get a different attitude with it being a Saturday- :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

« Last Edit: 19 September 2011, 17:17:23 by Big_Al »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 19 September 2011, 17:16:30 »

I'm guessing that it's the fact it's not as likely to be a nice day so we're wanting to get inside :-/ :-/

I know that we could meet at a pub in Woodbridge ( ::) ) but the car park is a no-no so it'd be a case of every man for himself trying to use public car park (Pay and Display) or on street parking ::)

I suppose that one of the seaside towns might be an option (parking wise) but may be cold
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #67 on: 19 September 2011, 17:20:19 »

I'm guessing that it's the fact it's not as likely to be a nice day so we're wanting to get inside :-/ :-/

I know that we could meet at a pub in Woodbridge ( ::) ) but the car park is a no-no so it'd be a case of every man for himself trying to use public car park (Pay and Display) or on street parking ::)

I suppose that one of the seaside towns might be an option (parking wise) but may be cold

Whereabouts in Essex is that ? :-/ :D ;D

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 19 September 2011, 17:29:40 »

I have been in contact with the Balkerne Gate (Table Table) top of ipswich road on junction of A120 & A12 they can accomodate us but I need a definitive number to give so they can warrant cornering off a section and also to allow them to prepare for meals etc.. 

Unless someone has a better solution it would be appreciated if you could let me know asap, so I can arrange with the Venue.

They also operate a pay and display carpark (£1) refundable upon using their services.

I await the confirmation list

Which is

Johnnycboy, Mrs JCB & Dustbin lids x 2
« Last Edit: 19 September 2011, 17:34:23 by johnnycboy »

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 19 September 2011, 17:30:35 »

Who let you back in the house :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 19 September 2011, 17:32:16 »

You would think that what with the country in recession as it is  - any business would be grateful for a decent bit of trade at that time of the day.

Similar response to the one from the management at the shoulder of mutton then John.

We need a plan B   then  ::) ::) ::) ::) could always ask them again I suppose (The Shoulder of mutton I mean)  may get a different attitude with it being a Saturday- :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

Wouldn't Piss on him if he was on fire >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 19 September 2011, 17:32:47 by johnnycboy »

Big_Al

« Reply #71 on: 19 September 2011, 17:41:59 »

Wouldn't Piss on him if he was on fire >:( >:(

Ha HA . . .Me neither Johnnie boy !    Lets just cancel that suggestion eh ?

But your new one sounds good  -- Add me & SWMBO to the list

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 19 September 2011, 17:43:55 »

Bump

Just to get back on topic.

I have been in contact with the Balkerne Gate (Table Table) top of ipswich road on junction of A120 & A12 they can accomodate us but I need a definitive number to give so they can warrant cornering off a section and also to allow them to prepare for meals etc.. 

Unless someone has a better solution it would be appreciated if you could let me know asap, so I can arrange with the Venue.

They also operate a pay and display carpark (£1) refundable upon using their services.

I await the confirmation list

Which is

Essex Big Al & SWMBO

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 19 September 2011, 21:12:52 »

Essex Big Al & SWMBO
Twiglet & SWMBO (plus Miss Twiggy, but she won't be eating much!)
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 20 September 2011, 19:51:38 »

I will try to come along, but may be tied up on a living room decorating project. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.