Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

After Cruise control no throttle response

(1/2) > >>

mong00sehun:
Hi Guys!
Today i had a little wtf moment with my omega. B2 Sedan 2.6 V6 manual elegance. I had my cruise control at steady 70km/h, and i accelerated the car via the cruise control button. I held the button for around to get 85-90km/h and then i heard some noise from the back, then the TC icon appeared, and the rpm is dropped down around the idle revs but a little higher around 800rpm, and then i tried to accelerate but there was no response from the engine, i floored it but nothing happened. After that, i turned off the engine, and started, and its working just fine ever since. I tried to reconstruct the scenario but i couldnt, i will try again after work... Whats can be wrong with the car? Maybe the throttle body?
Thanks

ps: this is my first post, sry for broken english solutions xd

DrAndyB:
If its the 2.6 and Facelift I assume its Fly by wire (as opposed to older cable cruise control on my 2.5 pre-facelift).

Could have been a electrical gremlin switching it off ? or iffy brake pedal switch which also turns off cruise when brakes pressed ?

Just a thought.

Andy,

mong00sehun:
hi again
i reproducated the "error" successfully
so there are one more factor -> cold engine
after work i do the excact same thing: with cold engine from 70km/h i accelerated to 90km/h with the cruise control button (i holded, not pushed) and at 90km/h i heard some noise from rear i think it was the rear brake, then the TC icon appared and the accelerator pedal went full silent, but if i floored it, the "lifted" idle rpm (800 when this is happened) jumped up to around 1200. Then i tried reproducate again with operating temperature, then everything works just fine. I tried many gear - speed combination (eg.: at 4th 50-90, 60-90, 5th 80-90, 90-110) but everything is great when the engine is not cold. My car has chip tune (~196HP on dyno), maybe it has some "bug" with cold engine and specific butterfly valve position?

Doctor Gollum:
Any fault codes?

Could well be a tuning issue.

mong00sehun:
Yeah, P1600. hmmm...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version