News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: garages  (Read 508 times)

chalcroft

• View Profile
garages
« on: 22 February 2010, 10:39:00 »

Been taking mig to vauxhall dealer since new. Have been fairly happy with service but it was expensive. This was not a problem when Co was picking up tab but now they are not i need to find a cheaper alternative. Not adverse to doing a bit myself been looking after my spitfire for the last 22 years. Think going to need a few more tools to maintain mig though!!
Spit only need 5/8 spanner, hammer ,screw driver and a set of feeler gauges!!
My quetion is are there any independent garages, spares outlets in SE london or there abouts. Thanks guys

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: garages
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2010, 10:43:19 »

The other side of the coin being that an Omega needs far less maintenance than a Spit. You can bin the feeler gauges for a start. :y

At the end of the day, fluid and filter changes and a bit of routine maintenance like checking the breathers are clear and replacing brake pads and disks is all an Omega needs. Have a go yourself, armed with the maintenance guides you'll find here. At least you'll know it has been done properly!

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

chalcroft

• View Profile
Re: garages
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2010, 11:19:14 »

Very true. spit needs constant attention and only does a very low annual milage. Where as mig does lots of miles every year and hardly needs the bonnet opening between services.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 18 queries.