Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mig Racin' Stories.  (Read 1883 times)

duggs

• Omega Knight
  • Felixstowe
    • BMW 3.0 Sport
    • View Profile
Mig Racin' Stories.
« on: 22 February 2010, 00:24:38 »

Right ! Come on chaps....fess up !

Let's hear yer Mig racing stories...So far, I've only got one.

Stuck at the lights in Ipswich, just outside the Hospital, first in line, outer lane.
BMW 325i in the inner lane, revving engine....young kids.

So..I hit the S button and waited. Lights went green, kids shot off....waited till they had a car length advantage and at about 20 mph, I floored her..

She kicked back to 1st and the look on their faces was priceless as I flew past them...THAT'S when i remembered the joys of hearing the V6..

Yes ! Childish I know and it cost a gallon of fuel but it sure was a buzz. The Mig's are seriously under-estimated on occasions.

Next please !
« Last Edit: 22 February 2010, 00:26:18 by duggs »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Mig Racin' Stories.
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2010, 00:30:48 »

Let's hear yer Mig racing stories...

The only time I ever did something like this was when I pulled out to overtake a considerably slow moving vehicle on an A road.

As I got alongside it - driver floored it - was very clearly an attempt to prevent me passing, or to wind me up.

Used sport mode, and sailed past - pulling back in at a safe point, silently smiling.

Otherwise - generally speaking, any Omega V6 is nothing to write home about speed wise. Although a drivable car, You won't go winning many races with one - if that's your thing, get a Jap car  with a turbo, etc...

duggs

• Omega Knight
  • Felixstowe
    • BMW 3.0 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2010, 00:35:23 »

Understood...but Jap/Turbo cars are built and known for that sort of thing. On the occasion you describe and mine...its kinda unexpected of such a large car.

Psychoca

• Norfolk
    • Beaten up Mondeo TDCI ST.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2010, 00:46:11 »

A43 between M40 and the M1, I had someone racing me in a Vectra 2.5 sri...  It was pretty even all the way, he had the better run on the roundabouts, I easily caught him on the dual carraigeways.... I even had my wife urging me to get passed him...

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2010, 00:46:29 »

Understood...but Jap/Turbo cars are built and known for that sort of thing. On the occasion you describe and mine...its kinda unexpected of such a large car.

I agree - at the right moment, it can have a surprising effect...

The other day I humiliated some silly little thing that insisted on tailgaiting me for some time   ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2010, 10:40:12 »

Had a Merc A class pull out in front of me on Birdlip hill yesterday. Soon pulled back in when he saw me approaching in the rear view mirror. ;D

So many of the "sit up and beg" cr@p cars you see these days virtually stop when they hit a decent hill. :D

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2010, 13:00:35 »

I generally have a bit of fun when travelling... I have to go around/cross about 9 roundabouts on my way to work and there's rarely a day goes by when some little scrote in his Golf DBI (Daddy Bought It!), or similar, tries it on ::) ::)

Normally ends with them getting smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror whilst their mates in the car are laughing ;D ;D ;D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 February 2010, 13:13:46 »

Turbo cars are alright for round town and upto 80mph,after they seem to run out of steam.Get a big mig up its arse on the motorway or long carriageway and they dont stand a chance.My mate had a go with an st focus not long back in his ex police 2.5 vec,and the st couldent get nowhere near him,and his vec was a shed. :)
Machine polishing in west mids £40 also body repairs.pm me for more info.

barclay03

• Intermediate Member
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 February 2010, 14:01:44 »

Turbo cars are alright for round town and upto 80mph,after they seem to run out of steam.Get a big mig up its arse on the motorway or long carriageway and they dont stand a chance.My mate had a go with an st focus not long back in his ex police 2.5 vec,and the st couldent get nowhere near him,and his vec was a shed. :)

Would have to disagree there. My leon cupra R would be well into triple figures before you knew it and still pulling strong - would leave my MV6 for dead over a distance.

Its also sat right behind a newer 911 for a few miles til i let off (averaging around 140), similar situation with a friends stripped out and turbo'd civic

6 gears and pulled like a train through every one, i darent have pushed it to see what the top end was ;D

fullatherack

« Reply #9 on: 22 February 2010, 17:29:41 »

got smoked by a 2004 passat tdi 130 bhp last nite...just couldn keep up! musta been re mapped or something! he wont be as smart when the 535d is up his hole next time i see him

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 February 2010, 17:31:23 »

got smoked by a 2004 passat tdi 130 bhp last nite...just couldn keep up! musta been re mapped or something! he wont be as smart when the 535d is up his hole next time i see him
Is your mig auto or manual though. :)
Machine polishing in west mids £40 also body repairs.pm me for more info.

fullatherack

« Reply #11 on: 22 February 2010, 17:38:51 »

manual for slidin! :D

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 February 2010, 17:43:38 »

I have to disagree but then I would driving a turbo charged car. But 2.8 litres of turbocharged petrol fun, it doesn't run out of puff at 80, it had a good playing with yesterday although I had to put fuel in or the mrs, she would've gone mad  :-[
« Last Edit: 22 February 2010, 17:44:07 by LSG_1 »
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 February 2010, 17:46:44 »

With regard to the Mig racing stories, raced a 911 Turbo 53 plate down a by pass before he was giving it some too could hear it (pretty loud it was  ;D). He seemed shocked when he put his foor down and the Mig was still there, of course if he had really floored it then I would've lost but he was putting his foot down and I was very proud.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Martin_1962

« Reply #14 on: 22 February 2010, 20:30:26 »

I beat a Renault Scenic on a by pass with a 3.0 Omega - he really hated that ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.