Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall 0mega  (Read 5227 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall 0mega
« Reply #15 on: 28 January 2012, 23:02:16 »

.... is age related (to the car before anyone makes a smart comment) :)
The thought hadn't crossed our mind till you mentioned it  ::) ::) ::) ::)

This year we have had to pay a smallish premium on our European Breakdown Insurance for the French Holiday.

This will go up steadily each year as the car is now over 10 years old, once it reaches 15 years our "normal" travel insurers will refuse to cover it.  .......
I've winged it the last few years as I refuse to be held to ransom over breakdown cover, Red Pennant wanted over £200 for a fortnights cover. I trust good service before we go & a crank sensor in the boot.  :y :y :y

tgm147

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral
    • '02 2.2 Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 January 2012, 23:04:42 »

I think the Omega is bought by people after a certain type of car for very little. It's a bit of a barge, well kitted with most of the mod cons you get now, rear wheel drive and you can still get a whacking great V6 in it. For a lot of people, that is great value but for others it's everything to put them off because it's not new or front wheel drive which they feel safer with or cheap to run.

All the more for us I say. I'm after an LSD  ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 January 2012, 23:17:07 »

I'm after an LSD  ;D

Mmmm? A 4 pot with a LSD ............... hardly a combination for making 11's  ::) ::) ::)  :y :y

tgm147

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral
    • '02 2.2 Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 January 2012, 23:20:25 »

I'm after an LSD  ;D

Mmmm? A 4 pot with a LSD ............... hardly a combination for making 11's  ::) ::) ::)  :y :y

It's not, but I can damn well try!  ;D

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 January 2012, 23:25:12 »

I think the Omega is bought by people after a certain type of car for very little. It's a bit of a barge, well kitted with most of the mod cons you get now, rear wheel drive and you can still get a whacking great V6 in it. For a lot of people, that is great value but for others it's everything to put them off because it's not new or front wheel drive which they feel safer with or cheap to run.

All the more for us I say. I'm after an LSD  ;D

I am not so sure about that, called into a couple of garages today but nothing that swmbo fancied, she will only now drive an auto and wants something big................what to get, don't want 'Posh'   I guess we will get another Omega. I like them although, with the exception of a year, I have not driven them Omega daily since 2002 swmbo has always used them...... :) :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 January 2012, 23:30:05 »

I'm after an LSD  ;D

If truth be known, an auto box mated to a 3.0 doesn't do lines of rubber either  ;) ;) ;) Not that I ever try.   ::) ::) ::)

I do like to laugh at the lads though in the euro Focus/Astra sh1te boxes (to coin a phrase) that pull up in the outside lane of 2 at the traffic light Grande Prix and try to be first off. And I can't help but take them on!  ::) ::) ::) ::) Best if you let them get a nose ahead before you bury the loud pedal & make eye contact as you pull away from them.  ;) ;)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 January 2012, 23:35:58 »

I'm after an LSD  ;D

If truth be known, an auto box mated to a 3.0 doesn't do lines of rubber either  ;) ;) ;) Not that I ever try.   ::) ::) ::)

I do like to laugh at the lads though in the euro Focus/Astra sh1te boxes (to coin a phrase) that pull up in the outside lane of 2 at the traffic light Grande Prix and try to be first off. And I can't help but take them on::) ::) ::) ::) Best if you let them get a nose ahead before you bury the loud pedal & make eye contact as you pull away from them.  ;) ;)

You are old enough to know better, love it...... :D :D :D

feeutfo

« Reply #22 on: 28 January 2012, 23:37:56 »

I'm after an LSD  ;D

I do like to laugh at the lads though in the euro Focus/Astra sh1te boxes (to coin a phrase) that pull up in the outside lane of 2 at the traffic light Grande Prix and try to be first off. And I can't help but take them on!  ::) ::) ::) ::) Best if you let them get a nose ahead before you bury the loud pedal & make eye contact as you pull away from them.  ;) ;)
Yep, that's my favourite, just hold station next to them while watching them through the side window, a little smile, and give it the rest. Byebye. :) very childish ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 January 2012, 23:38:34 »

You are old enough to know better,

Sorry Dad!  ::) ;)

love it...... :D :D :D

You have to ........... don't you!  ;D ;D ;D

tgm147

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral
    • '02 2.2 Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 January 2012, 23:42:01 »

There is something quite satisfying about just letting them sit there, bouncing to 'da bangin choons innit', just knocking the sport button and switching to petrol. Bye bye little chav in a Corsa!

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 January 2012, 23:56:28 »

There is something quite satisfying about just letting them sit there, bouncing to 'da bangin choons innit', just knocking the sport button and switching to petrol. Bye bye little chav in a Corsa!

Why ?? Mine behaves exactly the same way on LPG or petrol .. if it doesn't surely there is something wrong with the LPG map ??  :(

tgm147

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral
    • '02 2.2 Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 January 2012, 00:02:18 »

Why ?? Mine behaves exactly the same way on LPG or petrol .. if it doesn't surely there is something wrong with the LPG map ??  :(

Mine makes considerably less power and torque on gas than petrol. It's quite nice to feel the extra kick I know it's hiding every now and then! It's had the fuel pressure played with and a fair few other things done so it makes 181bhp and 160ft/lbs of torque on petrol but only just touches 160bhp and 130ft/lbs torque on gas.

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #27 on: 29 January 2012, 00:10:33 »

Well i'm glad i'm not the only one playing Santa Pod at the lights - even in my bus it gets most of them.

Nearly had one "Richard cranium" in a bollard the other day. Two lanes to one situ, if you know what i mean. He should have just turned right when he came up beside me  ;). Then he had the nerve to be waving at me in my mirror as if it was my fault.... tut tut  ::)

Left foot on break works very well.
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

blackviper90210

• Omega Baron
  • Bromsgrove, West Midlands
    • 03 3.2 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 January 2012, 00:35:31 »

It may be childish, but to see the look of horror when you leave these little "Sh1te boxes" behind, is such a thrill. Even more so when they have the teeny bopper girly sitting next to them ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
AKA - Mr Bracket

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 January 2012, 00:45:15 »

Hahaha I am guilty of this every 5 minutes so often  ;D

I did get one of those weird situs once where I was racing a VW Passat and we were completely equal, up to the point we had to merge lanes.... and as I was on the inside, which was the one to get narrower..... and I chickened out  :'(

But hey, I still love my baby  :y :y :y :y :y :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.