Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V6 head gasket set  (Read 996 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
V6 head gasket set
« on: 28 March 2007, 15:54:15 »

Hi Gang,

Please can someone advise regarding the head gasket set I bought from ebay seller "Trechi".. for my project Elite.

The Headset didn't come with the locating dowels for the head gaskets, and also didn't include the rocker cover 'o' rings. (Although it had the rocker gaskets).

Can anyone advise? Perhaps someone has a pic so I can show the seller which rocker cover O rings I mean, as his reply (below) indicates that he's not sure which ones they are.

I've copied his reply below for you to see... presume this is reasonable? Should I just get the additional bits from Vauxhall?

Hi James

The 4 steel dowels are not included in any head gasket kit mate, I have sold them for 30 years and never yet known them included, as for the O rings can you point them out in the picture on the listing so I know what you mean.

Kind Regards Ritch

He seems a reasonable seller, and got the stuff to me quick, so I don't want to cause any ripples as I would probably use him again.... just some advice :)

Cheers

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: V6 head gasket set
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2007, 16:20:13 »

I can't recall ever getting dowels with a head gasket set, having done a few on other cars, so what he says is probably reasonable. I've always re-used the dowels without problems.

Bit weird the O-rings didn't come with it but it might be worth investing in a genuine set of cam cover gaskets and o-rings for the trouble they can cause.

The missing parts will all be pennies, of course, it's just irritating when you expect to have everything you need and then find you don't!

Cheers,

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2007, 16:39:29 »

Dont know about the headgasket kit, but on the 4 pot you have to buy the 'o' rings seperatly to the rocker cover gaskets, presumably the same on the V6's.
This is the case if bought from vx dealer

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2007, 23:01:32 »

Very very strong recommendation to use genuine Vx camcover seals and O rings and also the later type multi-layer metal exhaust manifold gaskets.
Every pattern seal we have used recently has leaked within a few weeks. Some suppliers use parts with Vx part numbers on the packaging but without the hologrammed labels they are not genuine bits.

Have you also got new seals for:
coolant pipe - block o ring
Thermostat o ring
coolant pipe - thermostat o rings
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.