Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Reading meet No 7?  (Read 8988 times)

loon[mv6]

• 'ampshire'
  • I like everything in pairs
    • View Profile
Re: Reading meet No 7?
« Reply #45 on: 27 February 2009, 18:46:25 »

i havent got a bike trailer  ;D but it will be the car i think,if i dont get lost  :D
                   Come join me

mkaminski100

• Basingstoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 27 February 2009, 20:23:35 »

Ok guys, Shame to see mike can't make the meet!!
Anyone need any odd bits for miggy's as i still happen to have parts kicking around...  ::)
Post before 9am tomrrow and i'll bring right along  :)
Other then that see you all tomorrow  :y
V6 P/S pump?

Mike - why you cant make it?

stevebubs

• Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 27 February 2009, 23:17:35 »

Come on you lot in the surroundings of Berkshire, youv'e always said that you will try to get to the next Reading meet, we are know No7 5 more from the first time you missed out. Reading meet No2 was a good turn out so come on lets get more of you lot. I have seen on the oof map that there is at least 15-20 of you out there, Reading, Newbury, Hampshire outskirts of London like Hayes, Uxbridge,etc etc. Come on It's a Day out for you. We want some more new faces at these meets.

Paul :y

Saturday lunch time. Driving into Reading town centre. No thanks.
Event at Madjeski. Aarrgh. Double no thanks.

Have you thought of perhaps having it a little out of the town. There's plenty of viable locations...

Loddon Bridge - just off A329(M). Park in Showcase Cinema car park and you have the George Pub less than 50 yards away if you're hungry/thirsty. *very* accessible. Could even park in the George car park if you wanted.

Alternatively how about a village like Sonning there's a few pubs with half decent car parks out that way.

stevebubs

• Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27 February 2009, 23:19:57 »

ST's are overpriced, I would go for Ghia X 2.5V6 or 2.0. From MKIII range I like Titaniun and Mist but these are also too expensive.
The only problem with Mondeo is that it's going down with price so quickly so you have to be sure that you will drive it few years.

I've a new Mk 4 Mondy lease car. It's OK but I'd much rather be charging up the motorways in the Omega as the road noise in the Mondeo is really annoying. Unfortunately the mondeo's a company car with fuel card and the miggy's in need of some TLC so currently SORNED while I sort out the niggles.

Hohum - 800mile round trip to do next week :(
« Last Edit: 27 February 2009, 23:21:23 by stevebubs »

mike213735

« Reply #49 on: 27 February 2009, 23:20:29 »

I have an issue with childcare.

Deb now works on a Saturday and I have the kids.

I may either bring them down for an hour or so, or wait til Deb finishes and then maybe call to see where you are (probably at Paul's work drinking his tea) and perhaps arrive late....

We'll see!
Thing is, I feel a little out of place bringing the Mondy :(

Mike

mkaminski100

• Basingstoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 27 February 2009, 23:56:39 »

Mike - bring kids with you!

nick v6

• Omega Baron
  • walsall / west midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 28 February 2009, 04:39:41 »

bring the kids mike
if me and ann still come we will be bringing the kids with us
fingers crossed we will be coming :y
just need to tax the tank now:)

m1ct

• Intermediate Member
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 28 February 2009, 09:07:01 »

Have you thought of perhaps having it a little out of the town. There's plenty of viable locations...

Loddon Bridge - just off A329(M). Park in Showcase Cinema car park and you have the George Pub less than 50 yards away if you're hungry/thirsty. *very* accessible. Could even park in the George car park if you wanted.

Alternatively how about a village like Sonning there's a few pubs with half decent car parks out that way.

I`m surprised to hear that from a Reading located member-
this the 7th time a couple of us will drive 50 odd miles to the meet
and we never got stuck in traffic  (only once on a motorway for Farnborough Air Show)
Driving through town itself is pretty straight forward and we`re always lucky with parking spaces   8-)
Come on- don`t let the traffic bring you down  :D

nick v6

• Omega Baron
  • walsall / west midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 28 February 2009, 10:52:36 »

sorry mate we won't be able to make it
shame i was looking forward to it
hopefully speak online later

sorry mate

more ruddy time wasting tyre kickers
just need to tax the tank now:)

feeutfo

« Reply #54 on: 28 February 2009, 17:44:09 »

Come on you lot in the surroundings of Berkshire, youv'e always said that you will try to get to the next Reading meet, we are know No7 5 more from the first time you missed out. Reading meet No2 was a good turn out so come on lets get more of you lot. I have seen on the oof map that there is at least 15-20 of you out there, Reading, Newbury, Hampshire outskirts of London like Hayes, Uxbridge,etc etc. Come on It's a Day out for you. We want some more new faces at these meets.

Paul :y

Nail on head there mate! Dont matter about the stadium then(junction 10 for the George). Although still wise to check Reading fc and London Irish rugby fixture list first.
« Last Edit: 28 February 2009, 18:18:00 by chrisgixer »

feeutfo

« Reply #55 on: 28 February 2009, 18:37:20 »

Also worth considering that perhaps people will be more likely to turn up with a tech 2 present, so somewhere nearer Alton and Kevin Wood would be sensible perhaps?

This would also support The Boy, as these diagnostics are a not cheap to buy and run.  With that in mind and how far Rob and m1ct have to travel each time maybe Basingstoke area would be more helpfull?

The Lord Darby pub is very near the fleet junction of the M3 iirc. Which also holds regular meets for other clubs so no parking problem at all there.

Maybe one day ill have time, but certainly not up for a battle with football and shopper traffic on a saturday in Reading town centre, bugger that.
« Last Edit: 28 February 2009, 18:40:42 by chrisgixer »

RobseyMV6

• west sussex
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 28 February 2009, 18:56:44 »

Koliberk had he's tech 2 today, read and cleared error codes in two omega's also paul's airbag light was on now sorted  :)
Thanks to all that turned up, Great meet!!  :y
Photos soon

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 28 February 2009, 23:22:18 »

ST's are overpriced, I would go for Ghia X 2.5V6 or 2.0. From MKIII range I like Titaniun and Mist but these are also too expensive.
The only problem with Mondeo is that it's going down with price so quickly so you have to be sure that you will drive it few years.

I've a new Mk 4 Mondy lease car. It's OK but I'd much rather be charging up the motorways in the Omega as the road noise in the Mondeo is really annoying. Unfortunately the mondeo's a company car with fuel card and the miggy's in need of some TLC so currently SORNED while I sort out the niggles.

Hohum - 800mile round trip to do next week :(

Hi Steve,

You should know by now that Mondeos are only good as engine donors.  ;)

Do you still need some ABS diagnosis or is that sorted yet?

Good to see everyone today (appologies to Chrisgixxer - I forgot to let you know I was heading over until I'd got back. Will get together some other time.).

.. and I had been trying to think of somewhere to meet but never considered the Lord Derby. Might be a plan. :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

feeutfo

« Reply #58 on: 01 March 2009, 04:09:15 »

No worries Kevin, had already been down to B+Q by the stadium at 11am on the insistence of Mrs gixer, id had enough by the time we got out of the car park and back home....   Nightmare.

Anyway, i hope to see you all at the next one guys.

Cheers

Chris. :-)

Link to  L. Derby location if it suits anyone.
http://www.ukpubfinder.com/pub/25213
« Last Edit: 01 March 2009, 04:23:26 by chrisgixer »

mike213735

« Reply #59 on: 01 March 2009, 09:51:38 »

Hi Steve,

You should know by now that Mondeos are only good as engine donors.  ;)

Kevin

Bloody Cheek!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.