Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The beast might be back tomorrow !  (Read 810 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
The beast might be back tomorrow !
« on: 11 November 2010, 20:35:57 »

Thanks to everyone who gave advice about my completely non starting 3.0. She had some form of bizzare electrical/fuel delivery hissyfit/blowup and I feared she was dead. It was towed to an autoelectrical place on Monday and the chap has been Effing ang Jeffing like a goodun ( heard him in the background  ;D) whilst trying to revive it.

I got a call today to say he had found 9  :o wiring faults and had fixed them all and she now runs and drives, total cost £90. I won't know for sure  until I have hoofed her round the block a few times and made sure she still runs on gas but am really hopeful she is sorted and if so, will interrogate the guy for details in case annother Mig suffers the same fate.

Fingers crossed anyway :-/, can honestly say I haven't missed a car this much before
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: The beast might be back tomorrow !
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2010, 20:47:02 »

Interesting ... some years ago when I had the Blue 2.5 Elite a friend who towed with a 2.5 CDX .. around a '97 I think .. had some serious problems with wiring. Seems like a major portion of the wiring in the cable tray overheated and damaged itself. Cost him just short of £200 to have it sorted and he was told it was lucky no components had failed.

That's the only other wiring problem I've heard of for Omega's  and his was NOT an LPG conversion.

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2010, 21:58:38 »

Thanks to everyone who gave advice about my completely non starting 3.0. She had some form of bizzare electrical/fuel delivery hissyfit/blowup and I feared she was dead. It was towed to an autoelectrical place on Monday and the chap has been Effing ang Jeffing like a goodun ( heard him in the background  ;D) whilst trying to revive it.

I got a call today to say he had found 9  :o wiring faults and had fixed them all and she now runs and drives, total cost £90. I won't know for sure  until I have hoofed her round the block a few times and made sure she still runs on gas but am really hopeful she is sorted and if so, will interrogate the guy for details in case annother Mig suffers the same fate.

Fingers crossed anyway :-/, can honestly say I haven't missed a car this much before
Iknow what you mean mate,just got back in mine after being off the road for 8 months,and just couldent wait to get it done,i mean theres a big difference between a saxo and a mig. ::)
Machine polishing in west mids £40 also body repairs.pm me for more info.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2010, 22:11:13 »

Interesting ... some years ago when I had the Blue 2.5 Elite a friend who towed with a 2.5 CDX .. around a '97 I think .. had some serious problems with wiring. Seems like a major portion of the wiring in the cable tray overheated and damaged itself. Cost him just short of £200 to have it sorted and he was told it was lucky no components had failed.That's the only other wiring problem I've heard of for Omega's  and his was NOT an LPG conversion.

I wonder if that is what is wrong with mine. It is a 97 2.5. Without any intervention from me it self heals and runs fine for a week or a month then it goes back to being a dog. I have looked everywhere for loose pipes, trapped wires. The car has only had two owners so hasn't been hacked about but I have to say the wiring doesn't look brilliant.- frayed insulation tape, bits of the plastic coil pipe that wires go through broken off through being brittle. When you say lucky no components damaged what had you in mind? Crank sensor?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.