Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: Bus nostalgia  (Read 223983 times)

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: Bus nostalgia
« Reply #1095 on: 21 March 2011, 11:17:05 »

Yes indeed Byron, have received them now and this is the first glorious crest:

All sign written of course! 8-) 8-) :y :y

WelshSean

• View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: 21 March 2011, 19:54:01 »

Hello, I am an Admin of a facebook group "Port Talbot Old and New" and would love to upload some of your images including Port Talbot onto our page for comment, would this be allowed?

If you have any additional images of Port Talbot, we'd love to have them!

Thanks,
Sean
« Last Edit: 21 March 2011, 19:55:38 by seanpursey »

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: 21 March 2011, 20:05:46 »

Hello, I am an Admin of a facebook group "Port Talbot Old and New" and would love to upload some of your images including Port Talbot onto our page for comment, would this be allowed?

Thanks,
Sean

From the OOF forum guidelines.

Copyright
By posting, you agree that the copyright for that post belongs to OOF.

All information, including text, logos and pictures is the copyright of OOF.

Posts and pictures must not be published elsewhere, without permission from OOF Admin Team.

You are free to publish links back to OOF pages starting with http://www.omegaowners.com - directly linking to our pictures is expressly forbidden.

Will post up in the Admin area for further discussion as regards use from OOF but may be that the actual owner of the images may need to give express permission....   :-/

WelshSean

• View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: 21 March 2011, 20:53:16 »

Thanks,
Sean

Copyright

Posts and pictures must not be published elsewhere, without permission from OOF Admin Team.

You are free to publish links back to OOF pages starting with  - directly linking to our pictures is expressly forbidden.

Will post up in the Admin area for further discussion as regards use from OOF but may be that the actual owner of the images may need to give express permission....   :-/
Yes, it seems that the poster I quoted is the owner of the images, so I'm hoping for a reply from him!

Martin_1962

« Reply #1099 on: 21 March 2011, 21:07:54 »

Thanks,
Sean

Copyright

You are free to publish links back to OOF pages starting with  - directly linking to our pictures is expressly forbidden.

Yes, it seems that the poster I quoted is the owner of the images, so I'm hoping for a reply from him!

No worries Brucie is just protecting everyone. :y

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: 21 March 2011, 21:25:00 »

Thanks,
Sean

Hopefully Byron (and any others who own the images.....) will get back to you soonest.

As in my initial reply, however, would ask that you either obtain them direct from Byron (or owner) or, if linking to them here, please use the info as per the guidelines at the top of the page viz. You are free to publish links back to OOF pages starting with http://www.omegaowners.com - directly linking to our pictures is expressly forbidden.

thanks for your understanding.   :y

WelshSean

• View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: 21 March 2011, 21:29:06 »

Thanks,
Sean

Hopefully Byron (and any others who own the images.....) will get back to you soonest.

As in my initial reply, however, would ask that you either obtain them direct from Byron (or owner) or, if linking to them here, please use the info as per the guidelines at the top of the page viz. You are free to publish links back to OOF pages starting with http://www.omegaowners.com - directly linking to our pictures is expressly forbidden.

I understand! Thank you for the replies. I'll wait for a reply from Byron as its a bit messy linking to threads.

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: 22 March 2011, 00:10:33 »

Thanks,
Sean

I understand! Thank you for the replies. I'll wait for a reply from Byron as its a bit messy linking to threads.

Done Sean! ;)
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: 22 March 2011, 00:21:16 »

Thanks,
Sean

Done Sean! ;)

Am I right in thinking a good result and the release of photo's..... :y

Byron, I will be going to a meeting in a couple of days, and I intend to give a young Man a link to this thread, not suggesting he joins the forum, just view this thread. He is highly intelligent ASD, Aspergers and locally knows all things buses, I am sure he will find this fantastic.... :y :y

He is a member of a 'committee' for want of a better name setting up a 'Travel Training / Road safety' project we have set up, initially for disabled people but rolled out to primary schools, we have a circuit with every possible bus stop and road crossing.... :) :)

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: 22 March 2011, 01:34:08 »

Although a signwriter probably did the original artwork, this is actually a 'varnish-affixed' transfer that adorned LUT vehicles.
This type of motif was often referred to as a 'belt & buckle' or a 'garter'.

I used to watch our paintshop people soak 'em in a shallow tray of yacht varnish, and then gingerly position them on freshly-repainted buses.
Lacked the confidence to have a go meself! :D

Again, this one's actually a transfer that was affixed to Roe-bodied vehicles before they left the Leeds factory.

IIRC; these transfers were often manufactured/suppied by 'Eagle Quick-fix' - or similar! ;)

Gotcha confused Lizzie dear? ;D
« Last Edit: 22 March 2011, 01:39:09 by Reliance505 »
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #1105 on: 22 March 2011, 08:49:58 »

Although a signwriter probably did the original artwork, this is actually a 'varnish-affixed' transfer that adorned LUT vehicles.

I used to watch our paintshop people soak 'em in a shallow tray of yacht varnish, and then gingerly position them on freshly-repainted buses.

Again, this one's actually a transfer that was affixed to Roe-bodied vehicles before they left the Leeds factory.

IIRC; these transfers were often manufactured/suppied by 'Eagle Quick-fix' - or similar! ;)

[/quote]

The rot was obviously underway Byron! :( :(  Cheapskates! :P :P ;D ;D ;D ;)
« Last Edit: 22 March 2011, 08:50:41 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: 22 March 2011, 09:45:38 »

[/quote]

Doubtless dictated by practical and financial constraints Lizzie .........

Imagine how many signwriters would be needed for Western Welsh's 500-strong fleet alone!

That said, these transfers were extremely durable :y

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #1107 on: 22 March 2011, 10:08:44 »

Doubtless dictated by practical and financial constraints Lizzie .........

Imagine how many signwriters would be needed for Western Welsh's 500-strong fleet alone!

That said, these transfers were extremely durable :y

[/quote]

I know, the great steam workshops of the big four railways went the same way under British Railways.  Cheaper, quicker, and more efficient was the transfer version of the BR crest.  But gone was that lovely skill of painting on, applying, the crests and company names on the locomotives.:'( :'( :'( :'(

At least handpainting of the lining out did in fact continue 8-) 8-) 8-) :y

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #1108 on: 22 March 2011, 11:23:26 »

This is probably the best looking coach yet!! :-* :-* :-* :-*

An absolute beauty, and according to Byron no transfers on this one! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :y :y

I wonder where the name "Economic" comes from?  I bet it does about 15 miles to the gallon at best; still that probably was ok for the 1950s! :D :D :D :D ;)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: 23 March 2011, 21:15:31 »

This is probably the best looking coach yet!! :-* :-* :-* :-*

An absolute beauty, and according to Byron no transfers on this one! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :y :y

I wonder where the name "Economic" comes from?  I bet it does about 15 miles to the gallon at best; still that probably was ok for the 1950s! :D :D :D :D ;)

Durham registration..... :y :y
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 101   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.