Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The absolute idiocy of cash strapped councils  (Read 517 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
The absolute idiocy of cash strapped councils
« on: 29 May 2024, 08:01:07 »

I read two stories this morning that demonstrate just how desperate councils are becoming to raise money. I won't link to them, but you'll find them easily enough if you want to.
1) A husband and wife, walking together through town, threw an empty envelope into a council-emptied waste bin. The envelope contained their name and address. They both received £200 fines through the post for putting household waste into public waste bins.
2) A council in Cumbria have warned beachgoers that, if they remove sand, pebbles or shells from the sea shore, they can be fined up to £1000. Removal of these natural materials is illegal and can cause coastal erosion, and the beach must be protected for future generations.....apparently.
Make sure you shake your shoes out before getting into the car...sand thief!
Diesel till I die

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: The absolute idiocy of cash strapped councils
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2024, 08:39:58 »

The envelope story is just jobsworth madness.

I sort of get the second one. That has been the case for holiday beaches in some European countries for a while. Tourists went to the trouble of taking the equivalent of a jam jar full home as a reminder. If everyone did it then there wouldn’t be a beach left in some places! Having said that I am guilty as we have a part of our hacienda with keepsakes from our trips. Yesterday I took two sea shells off El Rompido beach……….
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2024, 12:23:29 »

The envelope story is just jobsworth madness.

I sort of get the second one. That has been the case for holiday beaches in some European countries for a while. Tourists went to the trouble of taking the equivalent of a jam jar full home as a reminder. If everyone did it then there wouldn’t be a beach left in some places! Having said that I am guilty as we have a part of our hacienda with keepsakes from our trips. Yesterday I took two sea shells off El Rompido beach……….
You environmental vandal you.  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2024, 16:27:03 »

:y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.