Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Leak in boot

(1/2) > >>

cwill144:
Has anyone had an issue with water leaking in the boot of a 3.0 saloon. Have just emptied the boot and the carpet is soaked. Have looked for any water marks but nothing obvious. Can see the vents on rhs behind the bumper where it could get in. But any advice would be appreciated

johnnydog:
Assuming there are no corrosion issues that may be allowing water ingress, I found the leak into my boot appeared to coming through the spot welded seam in the front edge of the boot lid aperture, just behind the rear window on either side.
You could see daylight through the seam if you shone a torch behind it. I applied a thin smear of Dum Dum both sides of the seam, forcing it directly into the seam, and its has been fine since. And it is barely visible unllike brushable seam sealer.

TheBoy:
To be honest, unless something very obvious, somebody will have to get in boot whilst another hoses the car over.

cwill144:
I had thought of using a smoke pellet as saw that on YouTube the other day. Tried being in the boot and nothing was obvious

johnnydog:

--- Quote from: TheBoy on 29 April 2024, 17:58:20 ---To be honest, unless something very obvious, somebody will have to get in boot whilst another hoses the car over.

--- End quote ---

Although it may he hard to believe, but from  work related experiences, a hose on a car to try and find a leak doesn't always replicate actual rain water falling from the sky!
Issues with cabriolets for example that were often prone to water ingress sometimes could only get replicated parked in the rain instead of using a hose on a tripod!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version