Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Correct me if I am wrong?  (Read 4801 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Correct me if I am wrong?
« Reply #45 on: 21 May 2021, 10:17:27 »

Actors are called actors because they are capable of acting like other people.

You are also confusing history with a story. Do you think the history we know is how it happened? No, not for a second, history is only written by the winners and then it will be bias towards them. Is it a history programme? Is it a documentary? Or is it someone's interpretation of events?

To me, it doesn't affect the story unless you are getting hung up on the fact it's a black actoress and ignoring the story. Which if true, says more about you than it does the story or cast.
WTF are you on about?  ;D How are Anne Boleyn or Henry 8th 'winners'.
So...history is bunkum, that's not how it happened at all. Lizzie.........you'd better throw all of your books away  ;D Jeez.

;D ;D ;D  Indeed Steve.  History as we know it is all recorded in documents - personal, state, chronicler accounts and now in 'modern' times, the media - and then read, re-read, researched by numerous academics and published in 'papers', books, and now documentaries. Of course in the recording of history there can be bias, or simply recording errors, and that is what modern historians are constantly researching to establish the EXACT truth of what transpired.  But certain facts cannot be established now, such as the exact numbers in the English population in 1348, at the time of the Black Death, or who really did kill the 'Princes in the Tower' in about 1483, etc, etc.

But certain FACTS are well established - Anne Boleyn WAS a white English women with six fingers on her right hand; Hitler WAS a white Austrian; Winston Churchill WAS a white Englishman with an American mother;  the Duke of Wellington WAS a white English man; Nelson WAS a white Englishman, Nelson Mandela WAS a black African, and Jesus WAS certainly NOT a white man from Bethlehem, etc, etc, these are all FACTS that an actor, no matter how good they are or of any particular artistic persuasion, CANNOT change.

So to suggest a black actor can play the part of Anne Boleyn is just plain nonsense. ::) ::) ;)

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 21 May 2021, 10:27:25 »

As I said above, to me, it doesn't change or affect the story being told, so it doesn't bother me.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 21 May 2021, 10:29:02 »

" My name is Bond ...Leroy Bond " ......................Naw  ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 21 May 2021, 10:38:04 »

As I said above, to me, it doesn't change or affect the story being told, so it doesn't bother me.

Exactly. An actor's job is to pretend to be something they're not. Otherwise you'd have to find a genuine one armed, black haired, almond eyed, Australian-accented, midget lesbian to portray the leading character in your new musical opps my way to the top - My life as a cyber terrorist

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 21 May 2021, 11:01:50 »

Ahhhh...we're just old and the ( now ) previous owners of the world .
Everything changes and evolves and the values that we held high and adhered to have been cast aside and deemed wrong , inaccurate , unfair , racist , culturally offensive and divisive .
Social media has a great responsibility for this as it gives everyone a voice ,and when they gather in a rabid pack a LOUD voice, that has the ability to persuade ,or dissuade , governments , corporations and industries of policies to be employed.
I feel that the mantra now is "he who shouts loudest , gets ..."
We , and you know who I mean here , are being forced onto the back foot by a myriad of minorities who wish to have everything their way and will employ all persuasive tactics , ethical or otherwise  , to achieve their goal.
We'll be forced to see what they want us to see and not what is actually there , or has been .
Welcome to the brave new world my friends ....  ::)

PS , I really don't give a ufck anymore . As a well planned for and fully paid up member of yesterday I will just sit back , with a Gordons Sicilian lemon in hand , and smile at their folly.
Chill Bro.  ;D
It's hard to sit back and listen to the idiots though, Don.
Diesel till I die

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 21 May 2021, 11:30:24 »

Everything changes and evolves and the values that we held high and adhered to have been cast aside and deemed wrong , inaccurate , unfair , racist , culturally offensive and divisive .
Social media has a great responsibility for this as it gives everyone a voice ,and when they gather in a rabid pack a LOUD voice, that has the ability to persuade ,or dissuade , governments , corporations and industries of policies to be employed.
We , and you know who I mean here , are being forced onto the back foot by a myriad of minorities who wish to have everything their way and will employ all persuasive tactics , ethical or otherwise  , to achieve their goal.
We'll be forced to see what they want us to see and not what is actually there , or has been .

PS , I really don't give a ufck anymore . As a well planned for and fully paid up member of yesterday I will just sit back , with a Gordons Sicilian lemon in hand , and smile at their folly.
Chill Bro.  ;D

I know Steve . For nigh on 10 years now and on various platforms , I've watched and listened to these idiots who want it all their way , like children in a tantrum.
LGBQRTESNKTDS ( + any unfortunate I've missed ) , bame, SNP'rs , remoaners , no cartoons of allah or we kill you , best crockpot meals  ::) etc. ad nausium ....They all want it their way .
You'll just have to roll with it now 'cause the toothpaste is out of the tube so to speak .
If you were closer I'd take you for a beer and bestow my new found " peace man " disposition upon you .  ;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 21 May 2021, 11:40:16 »

Fortunately not a lot of ‘em on here, so I come in for peace and quiet.  ::)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 21 May 2021, 12:15:34 »

Yes Shack thankfully somewhere with some sanity👀😂 Don’t know you Don but I feel the same and a beer with you sounds bloody great👍 Black Anne Boleyn! Anyone thinking this is a good idea must be smoking some good shit🪴🥓🌚💩
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 21 May 2021, 12:25:46 »

How about a black Winston Churchill or a Black Enoch Powell how would that be accepted ? Why stop there a Black Queen Elizabeth even, the idiots that pursue this utter nonsense could go on & on the world has gone totally mad. The other thing that really gets me pissed off is the " Mental health issues" bandwagon that is being spouted everyday with more & more celebrities jumping in with their advice/experiences my old Sergeant would have blown his top ( man up you bunch of pricks) was his catchphrase..😂
               I agree, if something/someone is going wrong it’s claim a mental issue nowerdays, though I’m sympathetic with genuine cases it seems to be getting blown out of all proportion. While we’re at it I saw some women on the box moaning about how hard rugby tackles can effect women differently than men, well Don’t play the f@(hing game if you’re going to moan/claim compensation, (men too) FFS.🪓
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 21 May 2021, 12:33:56 »

Chill Bro.  ;D

I know Steve . For nigh on 10 years now and on various platforms , I've watched and listened to these idiots who want it all their way , like children in a tantrum.
LGBQRTESNKTDS ( + any unfortunate I've missed ) , bame, SNP'rs , remoaners , no cartoons of allah or we kill you , best crockpot meals  ::) etc. ad nausium ....They all want it their way .
You'll just have to roll with it now 'cause the toothpaste is out of the tube so to speak .
If you were closer I'd take you for a beer and bestow my new found " peace man " disposition upon you .  ;D
Having read some of your previous posts, I'm thinking your new disposition might be a very thin veneer, liable to crack open and release the dogs of hell at any time  ;D

Edited for accuracy  ;D
« Last Edit: 21 May 2021, 12:35:37 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 21 May 2021, 12:36:21 »

Taking the Anne Boleyn case to its logical conclusion, and given current gender fluidity, such parts can now be played by any colour, or gender. I have enough difficulty when they produce Shakespeare in modern dress.  ???
Baz Lurhman's Romeo and Juliet was pretty true to the original text and mannerisms even though it was set on the US West Coast.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 21 May 2021, 12:46:59 »

Chill Bro.  ;D
Speaking of your new found laid backness, careful with that Gordon's Sicilian lemon.
One....nothing much to see hear
Two.....ahhh...getting a bit mellow now
Three....positively glowing, and a bit giggly
Four......going a bit quiet and thoughtful now
Five.......muttering under the breath and staring people out
Six......who wants a fluckin fight?

;D
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 21 May 2021, 12:52:41 »

Like I said a site/forum with a bit of sanity Steve🤣🤣
Laying a rubber road.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 21 May 2021, 13:29:09 »

Exactly. An actor's job is to pretend to be something they're not. Otherwise you'd have to find a genuine one armed, black haired, almond eyed, Australian-accented, midget lesbian to portray the leading character in your new musical opps my way to the top - My life as a cyber terrorist

If the production is clearly designed as a parody of the 'real thing' then this approach is fine. For example, Anne Boleyn could be a black woman in an episode of Red Dwarf set in a far away universe  1,000,000 years in the future.

The Channel 5 production is set in the correct period of history, with the correct players of that time. The clothes they wear are consistent with the time period. Therefore Anne Boleyn should be a white woman in order to make the production as true to life as possible.

This is simply woke 'box ticking'

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 21 May 2021, 13:46:28 »

And white baiting
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.