Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BBC  (Read 4638 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: BBC
« Reply #15 on: 20 May 2021, 21:59:56 »

Yes I love the BBC, as out of all the media it is the one I think you can trust most.

But, like everything else, it is only as good as the weakest people who work for that organisation ;).

If you do the tiniest bit of research on the Martin Bashir fiasco, you will find that Beeb did their own investigation when the first rumblings of a problem started.
They produced a whitewash which cleared him, and the Director General then stated that Bashir was an honourable man.
Bashir was until last week, Head of religious programming on the BBC, but resigned when he knew what this report was going to say about him.

The cover up had been uncovered at last and he and the BBC had nowhere left to hide.
As an organisation, the BBC is a national disgrace and should be shut down today.

Yes I have heard all that, but to “shut down” today what is overall a very sound global news broadcaster over a bad situation all those years ago is just nonsense. All organisations can have a bad day, even bad year, but judge them on what they do now in 2021, not in 1995.

In any case Princess Dianne was badly flawed and that interview was not influenced by anything Bashir did; she had primed herself to dish the dirt to whoever was going to listen to her, BBC, ITV, Fox News, The Sun, etc, etc.

So to rubbish the BBC today is just daft. If you don’t like the BBC productions, then switch to another channel.  Simples.  ;)
Yes, switch to another channel.....but continue to pay for the wokes who enjoy watching such one sided crap.
Diesel till I die

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 May 2021, 23:52:05 »

Eastenders, best program on telly by far. ::) :y :y :y
Best joke of the week surely. I assume this is a joke?
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 May 2021, 00:14:56 »

For years I was an ardent BBC supporter. Good programmes, good drama, various TV series etc

Then gradually they went woke, overpaid, and political. Not their job. There should be no slant or opinion.

I also think they splurge huge amounts of cash, my cash.

A few years ago I was on business staying in a hotel, just having a quiet pint in the bar. A BBC crew loudly crashed into the bar dumped their kit on the floor and ordered two bottles of Châteauneuf-du-Pape (Very expensive wine). After just a few minutes they left, and also left most of the wine. My licence fee money. Big mouth arrogant so-and-sos flashing their cash at my expense. And, someone please explain why Gary Lineker is worth £1.7 m a year, not to mention many other grossly overpaid TV presenters.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 May 2021, 00:22:37 »

Gary? He doesn’t like paying tax either :y
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 May 2021, 00:30:39 »

Eastenders, best program on telly by far. ::) :y :y :y
Best joke of the week surely. I assume this is a joke?
It's grim oop north...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 May 2021, 12:04:18 »

Yes I love the BBC, as out of all the media it is the one I think you can trust most.

But, like everything else, it is only as good as the weakest people who work for that organisation ;).

If you do the tiniest bit of research on the Martin Bashir fiasco, you will find that Beeb did their own investigation when the first rumblings of a problem started.
They produced a whitewash which cleared him, and the Director General then stated that Bashir was an honourable man.
Bashir was until last week, Head of religious programming on the BBC, but resigned when he knew what this report was going to say about him.

The cover up had been uncovered at last and he and the BBC had nowhere left to hide.
As an organisation, the BBC is a national disgrace and should be shut down today.

Yes I have heard all that, but to “shut down” today what is overall a very sound global news broadcaster over a bad situation all those years ago is just nonsense. All organisations can have a bad day, even bad year, but judge them on what they do now in 2021, not in 1995.

In any case Princess Dianne was badly flawed and that interview was not influenced by anything Bashir did; she had primed herself to dish the dirt to whoever was going to listen to her, BBC, ITV, Fox News, The Sun, etc, etc.

So to rubbish the BBC today is just daft. If you don’t like the BBC productions, then switch to another channel.  Simples.  ;)

No, just an innocent virgin married off to a man who was in love with a married woman, and who had no intention of keeping to the old-fashioned practice of sticking to his marriage vows.
Plus the interview was obtained by deceipt, not only resulting in the unfair loss of
many jobs at the Beeb, but, arguably, indirectly resulting in her tragic death.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 May 2021, 12:39:09 »

Which is pretty much the tone of Prince William's statement yesterday.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 May 2021, 12:54:26 »

Ahh the real prince👍
Laying a rubber road.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 May 2021, 13:41:17 »

Which is pretty much the tone of Prince William's statement yesterday.

I’m glad he agrees with me.  :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 May 2021, 13:44:28 »

No, just an innocent virgin married off to a man who was in love with a married woman, and who had no intention of keeping to the old-fashioned practice of sticking to his marriage vows.
Plus the interview was obtained by deceipt, not only resulting in the unfair loss of

Well said. I will always detest Charles and that horse faced whore he is now married to for their despicable cruelty to that young woman. She wasnt  perfect, but the position they put her in and the effect that had on her made my blood boil.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 May 2021, 14:24:06 »

Well said. I will always detest Charles and that horse faced whore he is now married to for their despicable cruelty to that young woman. She wasnt  perfect, but the position they put her in and the effect that had on her made my blood boil.

You do have a way with words, Mr Bitz. :D ;D

You make her sound more attractive than she really is. ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 May 2021, 19:23:32 »

I think you'll find that this is traditional behaviour for an heir to the throne!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 May 2021, 21:08:08 »

No argument from me, I was disagreeing with Lizzie’s description of Diana.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21 May 2021, 22:33:42 »

No argument from me, I was disagreeing with Lizzie’s description of Diana.
Well, she is perfect ::) so anyone else is going to be flawed in comparison.

Although being 'badly flawed' might be considered a compliment (having a double negative connotation)...

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 May 2021, 23:16:21 »

going back to when there were just 4 channels there was always something on worth watching.
now weve got a hundred channels of rubbish !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.