Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitting 3.2 mv6 from Omega in to Astra mk3 van with a Calibra 2.5 V6 c25xe ..  (Read 20813 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile

In fact, the only 3.2 to ever beat my old 3.0l bullet was Hotel21 in his estate.  Possibly because he knows how to drive. Or because I think he had Jura pup in the boot, egging him on ;D
You just said a mouthfull. You've admitted that, with a competent driver, even a 3.2 estate can outpace a 3.0 saloon. Case closed.
Yeah, but the 3.0 saloon had a disability....   ....me ;D

Both of us got beat on most runs by a clapped out MX-5 ;D

Was a cracking day, though - hooning around a runway, H21 taught me the intricacies of how to do J-turns properly (a skill I've never, ever had a use for, officer ::)), followed by an evening with people I'm honoured to call friends, talking shite and supping beverage and eating BBQ.
Elite Pete's MX5, IIRC.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

My old boss reckoned his 3.0 manual Omega (ex plod) averaged 35mpg,
Actually easily achievable from a manual one over a tank if not ragging it off the line all the time.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

In fact, the only 3.2 to ever beat my old 3.0l bullet was Hotel21 in his estate.  Possibly because he knows how to drive. Or because I think he had Jura pup in the boot, egging him on ;D
You just said a mouthfull. You've admitted that, with a competent driver, even a 3.2 estate can outpace a 3.0 saloon. Case closed.

Was a cracking day, though - hooning around a runway, H21 taught me the intricacies of how to do J-turns properly (a skill I've never, ever had a use for, officer ::)), followed by an evening with people I'm honoured to call friends, talking shite and supping beverage and eating BBQ.
Elite Pete's MX5, IIRC.
Yup, that's the one.  But he did look silly in it though ;D
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile

Elite Pete's MX5, IIRC.
Yup, that's the one.  But he did look silly in it though ;D
Apparently, his ex wife couldn't accept the fact that he'd taken up hairdressing, and the marriage sadly ended. :'(

;D ;D ;D Sorry, Pete.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Appreciate your honesty.  :y  I do know that if the owner of a 3.0/3.2 tootled about in it, it would drive like a dog, so you could have a flat 3.2 losing badly to a decent 3.0 and vice versa.
Must have been pure luck that mine and yours went so well.  ;)  ;D ;D
I did get to drive a few when I used to do a lot of diagnostics stuff on them, many locals will know my standard test route that has a good selection of handling, tram lining, flat out running and heavy braking.

Yeah, defo some dogs, but mostly for a given engine they went similarity :y.  Both my 3.0 and 3.2 I'd class as "not dogs" :y.  The biggest thing with most was owners never sorted the sloppy suspension issues.  Or shitty brakes that would fail on the short test run.

I never found one that handled as well as my beloved silver bullet.  Ask anyone who drove it.  To the point, when I scrapped it, Gixer and I swapped all the suspension over with TBE in the hope of getting TBE handling as well, but it didn't. Absolutely no idea what was going on there.
Grumpy old man

Ianpinder

• London
    • Astra mk3 - E30 bmw
    • View Profile

I just want to drop in place with less hassle I actually have an ex plod 3.0ltr engine so if this is the easiest option I’d gladly take it, I’m not racing it or going drifting in it, it’s for my Astra van that has a very big audio system in it…[/img]

sjc

• Alloa, Scotland
    • Ultra-dull Audi TDi
    • View Profile

I just want to drop in place with less hassle I actually have an ex plod 3.0ltr engine so if this is the easiest option I’d gladly take it, I’m not racing it or going drifting in it, it’s for my Astra van that has a very big audio system in it…[/img]

I'd say you will certainly have less hassle with the 3.0L lump, especially if you already have one that I presume you know the condition of!

You'll still be able to use your current 2.5 ECU so there'll be no need to change the immobiliser chip in the key or make any other wiring changes.

An alternator upgrade might be a good idea though - the standard 120A unit struggles to supply anything approaching 2kw in winter with lights on etc
If you Elite an MV6, does that make it an MVee-leet?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile

Use either a 3.0L or 3.2 doesn't make much difference, run the 2.5 wiring and ECU, and fit whichever sensors fit that loom,.
If you can find an MSD Super-touring inlet plenum+ manifold with Throttle body all is well, they were flowed and larger, you could also fit x4 G-cams. I think the MSD cars had different exhaust manifolds too, I can't remember.
Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Or a DTM 2.5 - they were producing around 400bhp, but seem to be rare as rocking horse shit.  I seem to recall one company bought them all up and stripped most of them for parts for the hill climb lot?
Grumpy old man

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile

Or a DTM 2.5 - they were producing around 400bhp, but seem to be rare as rocking horse shit.  I seem to recall one company bought them all up and stripped most of them for parts for the hill climb lot?

Found one ;D
https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/139055/opel-calibra-v6-25l-itc-race-engine-phase-3
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Cheap at half the price  ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.