Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: how would you compare this to the mig 3.2 elite  (Read 2038 times)

Bacon Butty Man

• Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
  • now own a Laguna 2
    • View Profile
Re: how would you compare this to the mig 3.2 elite
« Reply #15 on: 31 May 2008, 00:28:05 »

i really like this
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/VAUXHALL+VECTRA/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-10-19-50-63-113-4294966784-4294966969/advert.action?R=200821310645525&distance=21&postcode=ub79ny&channel=CARS&make=VAUXHALL&model=VECTRA&min_pr=2000&max_pr=5000&max_mileage=

richie

i wouldnt, i hate vectra as much as mondeo, its crap crap crap, i dont care weather it was given to mer on a silver platter by maria whittaker (remember her) and if i was i would sell it and put the money into running my MIG
When i got my Mig i compared it to my Passat, which was my baby, but now months down the line there is no comparison, i still think the VW was a better marque but no way is it a better car than the Mig, the mig beats it hands down, no probs.:y
« Last Edit: 31 May 2008, 00:29:22 by baconbuttyman »

my Rover 75 Club SE

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #16 on: 31 May 2008, 00:33:39 »

i see a nice mig round here the other day with private plate, last 3 letters was kev, anyone from here was it

richie
My mate kev has the omega in the picture but it's been in scotland for at least the last 6 months
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 May 2008, 00:35:41 »

i see a nice mig round here the other day with private plate, last 3 letters was kev, anyone from here was it

richie
My mate kev has the omega in the picture but it's been in scotland for at least the last 6 months

That's what he tells the mrs. ;D ;D ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 31 May 2008, 08:46:36 »

I had a 53 plate vectra 2.0 DTi (diseasel) and found that it wasn't particularly comfortable and would understeer like anything... Now I know I do drive with a degree of enthusiasm  ::) ::) ::) but it was dreadful, especially in the wet!!!

As for only having 2 pedals... What's wrong with that???? You mean you like having a third pedal and a flappy stick thing to deal with???  :-? :-?
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

FRE07962128

« Reply #19 on: 31 May 2008, 14:07:49 »

that particular advert's BLOODY RUBBISH though!!!

crap description, 4 exterior pics

never mind

I like vecs but a 3.2 V6 shouldnt be in a front wheel drive

At times I would agree Danny, but my experiences with front wheel drive Cavaliers (1980 +) were that they had fantastic road holding when taking corners and roundabouts at speed.

Many times I was able to hold the road in dire conditions that in a rear wheel drive, such as my later Carlton's, I could not do so easily.  Indeed after being promoted and going from a Cavelier 1.8 SRi (which held the road for me at 130 mph like a sledge on rails!) to a 2.0 Carlton, I managed to put it into a full 360 degree spin on joining the M4 slip road at Newbury and hitting an oil spill!  

Ammazingly no damage done, but in the front wheel drive Cavalier I was able to control a far worse type situation than that without ever skidding out of control.

The difference is of course that rear wheel drive pushes the weight of the car (including engine!) whilst front wheel drive pulls the whole lot forward.  As long as you control the level of front wheel spin (the tyres do wear down quickly if not careful) you are in greater control in front wheel drive mode.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2008, 14:12:14 by FRE07962128 »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 31 May 2008, 21:55:50 »

that particular advert's BLOODY RUBBISH though!!!

crap description, 4 exterior pics

never mind

I like vecs but a 3.2 V6 shouldnt be in a front wheel drive

At times I would agree Danny, but my experiences with front wheel drive Cavaliers (1980 +) were that they had fantastic road holding when taking corners and roundabouts at speed.

Many times I was able to hold the road in dire conditions that in a rear wheel drive, such as my later Carlton's, I could not do so easily.  Indeed after being promoted and going from a Cavelier 1.8 SRi (which held the road for me at 130 mph like a sledge on rails!) to a 2.0 Carlton, I managed to put it into a full 360 degree spin on joining the M4 slip road at Newbury and hitting an oil spill!  

Ammazingly no damage done, but in the front wheel drive Cavalier I was able to control a far worse type situation than that without ever skidding out of control.

The difference is of course that rear wheel drive pushes the weight of the car (including engine!) whilst front wheel drive pulls the whole lot forward.  As long as you control the level of front wheel spin (the tyres do wear down quickly if not careful) you are in greater control in front wheel drive mode.

But you can have so much more sideways fun in a RWD!!!  ::) ::) ::)

Mind you... I did manage to get my aforementioned Vectra sideways on a very wet roundabout, without using the handbrake I might add, but I was really pushing on!!  ::) ::) :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Martin_1962

« Reply #21 on: 31 May 2008, 22:00:24 »

How about driving on loose chippings at 90mph on a twisty road?

I was shocked when I saw the speed and was looking out of the side window.

THis was in a proper drive hot hatch

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 31 May 2008, 22:58:20 »

Much easier and more natural to correct oversteer on a RWD than understeer on a FWD IMHO.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.