Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Dover
« Reply #15 on: 02 April 2023, 02:29:25 »

Is it unreasonable to expect your neighbouring country to operate it's border posts efficiently?  ???   ::)
In Euroland?  ;D

There are no borders. Even TCV couldn't over ride the Schengen zone.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 April 2023, 11:05:09 »

Fk em, stay in your own country and make it great again, fu(king stinking shithole anyway.

I agree. It might be worth the aggro to fly to Italy, but France ? !! Its full of French people ffs !  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 April 2023, 13:09:07 »

Fk em, stay in your own country and make it great again, fu(king stinking shithole anyway.

Certainly can't argue with that 👍
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 April 2023, 15:51:09 »

As Nick W says, it's what we wanted and voted for.  Now we're up in arms that border checks are taking longer, we have to use more tax payer's money for the border force to cope, and our EU roaming on our mobiles for uploading ArseBook wank is under threat.  I mean, how stupid are we?

As for the £25b, what a load of 'dangle berries'.  We got a shed load of that back for EU funded projects in the UK.  Hence the promised £280m a week for the NHS has never materialised.

Just saying ;)
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 April 2023, 16:44:59 »

It may as well be £280 trillion or £2.80.

Neither amount could fix the NHS.

Besides, when we voted to leave, the world was in much better shape. If we had even considered the notion of TCV and its effects, maybe things would be different. But this is where we're at.

Bulk border crossings by ferry could be made so much easier using APIS and random checks rather than insisting on scratching everyone's arse as they shuffle onto the boat.

It's a system that has worked well in air travel and on the Eurostar.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 April 2023, 16:52:47 »

I think the ferry ports are like our railways, though. The only acceptable system is a Victorian one. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 April 2023, 17:34:31 »

I think the ferry ports are like our railways, though. The only acceptable system is a Victorian one. ::)
That would certainly explain a lot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 April 2023, 17:36:20 »

As Nick W says, it's what we wanted and voted for.  Now we're up in arms that border checks are taking longer, we have to use more tax payer's money for the border force to cope, and our EU roaming on our mobiles for uploading ArseBook wank is under threat.  I mean, how stupid are we?

As for the £25b, what a load of 'dangle berries'.  We got a shed load of that back for EU funded projects in the UK.  Hence the promised £280m a week for the NHS has never materialised.

Just saying ;)

I'll say it again. It's not unreasonable to expect your neighbouring country to operate their border posts efficiently. If the EU wanted to strip search everyone before entry that's fine, it's their territory and their rules, but they should do these things quickly and efficiently!  :P

Mobile roaming? If when you go on holiday to Euroland and the hotel WIFI doesn't cover your needs then you're probably a lost cause and beyond help!  :-X

As to the £25bn, it's not 'dangle berries' at all. Since we left, the EU's multi annual budget has ballooned despite losing their second biggest economy and contributor.  ::) IN 2021 France's budget contribution was 28.8bn Euros and it's not unreasonable to assume ours would have been about the same with a similar sized economy . Yes we got some back via the rebate (which might not have survived the multi annual budget negotiations) and in funding for projects, but to describe it as a shedload is laughable and we didn't have any control over where that money went anyway.  ::)

Just saying.  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 April 2023, 18:29:27 »

Mobile roaming?
Apparently, going by when I was last in Euroland last year, not being able to photograph your meal and post it immediately on InstaArse was like being in hell for anyone under the age of 30.

Personally, I couldn't give a hoot, I was a fan of the old days when it was simply too expensive to use roaming, I'm happy to be disconnected for a week or two.  Sadly, my freebie mobile contract does still have freebie EU roaming. Not that I take selfies and post them on my non-existent Arsebook thingie.

Bless 'em ;D

We'll have to agree to disagree on the money, as there is a lot of tosh out there, and mostly very biased depending on individuals personal views....
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 April 2023, 19:00:47 »

WhatsApp. My lad used it for everything while away in Europe and the US, his phone bill was the usual £12.
He regularly video called us from wherever he was. The contract he has with three is 28Gb, plenty for a trip overseas.
« Last Edit: 02 April 2023, 19:05:34 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 April 2023, 19:36:07 »

WhatsApp. My lad used it for everything while away in Europe and the US, his phone bill was the usual £12.
He regularly video called us from wherever he was. The contract he has with three is 28Gb, plenty for a trip overseas.

Oh yes, how did he get on?  ???

Presumedly he survived, rumpled t shirts and everything?   :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 April 2023, 19:49:27 »

Mobile roaming?
Apparently, going by when I was last in Euroland last year, not being able to photograph your meal and post it immediately on InstaArse was like being in hell for anyone under the age of 30.

Personally, I couldn't give a hoot, I was a fan of the old days when it was simply too expensive to use roaming, I'm happy to be disconnected for a week or two.  Sadly, my freebie mobile contract does still have freebie EU roaming. Not that I take selfies and post them on my non-existent Arsebook thingie.

Bless 'em ;D

We'll have to agree to disagree on the money, as there is a lot of tosh out there, and mostly very biased depending on individuals personal views....

Indeed, including those who claim the message on the side of the bus promised £xxxxxxxxx more money for the GHS.
Firstly, it said no such thing, and secondly, without checking, I would hazard a guess its had that amount and probably more wasted on it with budget increases since we saw Boris,s bus.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02 April 2023, 19:52:19 »

I'll say it again. It's not unreasonable to expect your neighbouring country to operate their border posts efficiently. If the EU wanted to strip search everyone before entry that's fine, it's their territory and their rules, but they should do these things quickly and efficiently!  :P

It's no different to Tescos on Christmas eve, or Stansted arrivals most Sunday nights.

You can't expect anyone to employ dozens of border officers to cope with a surge in demand on perhaps 3 or 4 days a year, and then have them sit around doing nothing for the other 360 days.

I've not used Dover for ages, but use the Chunnel 3 or 4 times a year. On a good day you sail straight through and can be on a train in 20 minutes. On a busy day it can be a 4-5 hour wait.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02 April 2023, 20:31:33 »

He was fine, I was not.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 April 2023, 20:49:47 »

He was fine, I was not.

Yes we got that impression!  ;D

He's becoming quite the seasoned traveller now then.  :y

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.