Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Junior Doctors strike , bit of a result for me !  (Read 2974 times)

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Junior Doctors strike , bit of a result for me !
« on: 12 April 2023, 21:46:17 »

Managed to take a tumble and dislocate my little finger ( don't laugh , it hurt more than it sounds ) hearing all the horror stories about chaos etc in the Hospitals I went to my local walk in centre , I managed to be seen eventually , nice nurse prodded and looked concerned and got me X rayed  , diagnosis was dislocation ,not to my Suprise I must admit , "we don't reset them here , you'll have to go to the big hospital  ( RVI Newcastle ) we'll let them know you're coming so you should be seen pretty quick " that didn't fill me with confidence , but low and behold , turned up and sat for a few minutes and my name was called , a very professional gentleman introduced himself as the Consultant plastic surgeon no less , gave me a couple of injections in my finger to numb it , manipulated the finger back into position with a satisfying click , got me X rayed just to make sure it was OK ,even made a follow up appointment just to make sure it's all good , fantastic service from the Hospital   :)     

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Re: Junior Doctors strike , bit of a result for me !
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2023, 23:30:52 »

"plastic surgeon"? I'm puzzled , i would expect an orthopaedic surgeon. But in reality, most competent doctors of any speciality should be able to deal with that.
But hey, good result  :y
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2023, 00:17:25 »

Sack the lot of them, and offer them new contracts to come back. Ban the BMA as its been taken over by Corbynite Marxists.
People who receive their salary from the taxpayer arent employees. They are public servants and shouldnt have the option of going on strike.
If they want the right to strike they should try their luck in the private sector.
Bigger picture. The NHS (now the GHS) has been an impossibly expensive experiment that hasnt worked.
Time to scrap it and start again from scratch.
Its not about money. Gormless McRuin doubled its budget and made it worse in the process.

Hope your finger gets better soon Redelite.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2023, 06:59:35 »

Good result.

Maybe as long ago as 58 years ago, I dislocated a finger catching a sky high cricket ball at school. I was taken to Scarborough hospital next door and attended to immediately as you were in those days. No xray, no pain killer just a quick manipulation from its 90degreeoutwards location and job was done. It did hurt. I got back just in time to get changed and get on the school bus. If it had been earlier, doubtless I would have been expected to be back in play. No long last ill effect either. It is just as arthritic as its neighbours!
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2023, 07:04:00 »

Sack the lot of them, and offer them new contracts to come back. Ban the BMA as its been taken over by Corbynite Marxists.
People who receive their salary from the taxpayer arent employees. They are public servants and shouldnt have the option of going on strike.
If they want the right to strike they should try their luck in the private sector.
Bigger picture. The NHS (now the GHS) has been an impossibly expensive experiment that hasnt worked.
Time to scrap it and start again from scratch.
Its not about money. Gormless McRuin doubled its budget and made it worse in the process.

Hope your finger gets better soon Redelite.  ;D

There is an interesting article on Euronews website giving comparisons of pay for doctors various across Europe. Spanish doctors are taking action too as among other things the government keeps a pool of doctors without a contract ( a big thing here) .
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2023, 08:12:04 »

I always just pop it back myself (twice), if you do it before the swelling comes up its not oeverly painful  :y

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2023, 11:54:45 »

Had to go back this morning for a follow up , appointment was for 10.00 , got called in at 09.50 , another consultant gave it the once over , gave it the all clear ( apart from telling me that the ligaments are damaged  :( ) told to come back in 4 weeks , even managed to score for the 30 minutes free car parking ! the buggers should go on strike more often  :y

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 April 2023, 16:03:57 »

Got no time for these Junior doctors , the clue is in their title Junior not Mr or Consultant, if they're not satisfied with the pay foxtrot oscar & do something else lazy good for nothing tossers. What seems not to be mentioned is that the average pay for them is £57,000 per annum with shift allowance unsocial hours  overtime etc.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 April 2023, 17:25:11 »

..... the average pay for them is £57,000 per annum with shift allowance unsocial hours  overtime etc.

Is that £57k inclusive of OT & shift allowance or plus OT etc

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 April 2023, 18:52:43 »

All inclusive SWMBO has a cousin whose son is a GP so all is discussed openly with us , it's the same in most public services I know Prison Officers earning £70,000 per annum  & Paramedics on £50,000 per annum all this cobblers about give us a living wage nonsense it's there for the taking I've been there & done it myself when I needed extra cash ,makes me sick listening to their lies. They're on a guaranteed wage + a good pension scheme & you can throw a sickie easily if needed. If they can afford to strike for 4 days unpaid how can they be short of cash?
« Last Edit: 13 April 2023, 18:54:40 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 April 2023, 19:14:59 »

I would like to know where their claim of £14 per hour comes from ? I would bet its cobblers.
Dont we have any decent investigative journalists in this country now ?  :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 April 2023, 19:33:54 »

I would like to know where their claim of £14 per hour comes from ? I would bet its cobblers.

No , they all work for OOF. Did anyone read the Euronews article comparing wages across Europe?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 April 2023, 20:01:14 »

Nope. They'll only investigate something if it puts the Tories in bad light, as they are all woke lefties these days.  ::)

For example.  Nick Brown, Labour's former Chief Whip was suspended back in September with no explanation and nobody's talking about it.  :-\

It must be something really bad and maybe there is some kind of injunction, as even the Mail, Telegraph and GBNews aren't asking questions.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 April 2023, 20:39:41 »

Nope. They'll only investigate something if it puts the Tories in bad light, as they are all woke lefties these days.  ::)

For example.  Nick Brown, Labour's former Chief Whip was suspended back in September with no explanation and nobody's talking about it.  :-\

It must be something really bad and maybe there is some kind of injunction, as even the Mail, Telegraph and GBNews aren't asking questions.  ::)
Perhaps they're all worried about Mr Krankies  camper van.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 April 2023, 22:03:37 »

While SWMBO is watching some shit programme on telly, i had a quick look at this junior drs. leader, Rob Laurenson. Seems he's a director in his fathers investment firm and like similar spoilt rich brats he's gone hard left in his politics. Also, while his colleagues are manning the picket lines he's pissed off on holiday for his mates wedding. So, while he is still getting his dr's. salary, the real strikers aren't. Not that he needs it anyway. Wonder if this strike is in any way political?  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.