Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: My LR Reliability thread  (Read 5590 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: My LR Reliability thread
« Reply #30 on: 28 July 2022, 17:32:57 »

What have they given you as a loan car?

When my XFR when in for warranty work they gave me a brand new 3.0 D derv XF, supposedly with 300 BHP.

I just don't like derv though, although to be fair it arrived with a full tank which I didn't replenish. :y

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 July 2022, 17:47:31 »

So the car wasn't in the LR network, came from a company called Buford Cars darn sarf.

I haven't pushed for a temporary car as we are a bit overrun ATM. I've got the kit car on the drive (no garage space at the rental), the Zafira, the electric appliance and the OH's 428i. The ev is mine to use for free for another week yet. So, while a rental would be nice, it's the last thing I want just now.

However, I will be having a conversation about the finance payments....

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28 July 2022, 17:49:52 »

Not a good experience, probably why it was traded in, there are lots of problems with newish LR vehicles with the owners unable to effect repairs because of parts being unavailable read about it constantly on the RR forums.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 31 July 2022, 00:26:00 »

Well, it seems pretty quiet on here so I thought I'd bore you with the next installment.

Burford wanted the car back to do the work and have managed to beg borrow or steal an inlet manifold out of the LR dealer network (I've told them I need a copy of the invoice for the part to prove its provenance). The car was due to goto them on Friday, unfortunately this task was given to the RAC who it seems can't find their ar$e with both hands and a map. Or in this case an enormous green 4x4.

They managed to turn up at Burford, expecting to bring a car up to Shropshire, the exact opposite of what was required of them. They then tried to blame me for this and wanted to charge me for the privilege. ::) I sacked them off more than a decade ago when they left me stranded during a cold snap, then lied to me about what they had done. It's good to see things haven't improved in the last 10yrs.   ;D

Car is now due for collection (possibly) on Monday morning so should be back with me by mid next week.  :-\

Maybe...

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 31 July 2022, 12:43:25 »

Well, it seems pretty quiet on here so I thought I'd bore you with the next installment.

Burford wanted the car back to do the work and have managed to beg borrow or steal an inlet manifold out of the LR dealer network (I've told them I need a copy of the invoice for the part to prove its provenance). The car was due to goto them on Friday, unfortunately this task was given to the RAC who it seems can't find their ar$e with both hands and a map. Or in this case an enormous green 4x4.

They managed to turn up at Burford, expecting to bring a car up to Shropshire, the exact opposite of what was required of them. They then tried to blame me for this and wanted to charge me for the privilege. ::) I sacked them off more than a decade ago when they left me stranded during a cold snap, then lied to me about what they had done. It's good to see things haven't improved in the last 10yrs.   ;D

Car is now due for collection (possibly) on Monday morning so should be back with me by mid next week.  :-\

Maybe...

This episode will then hopefully be over.

As for the Signum comment......it needs an engine that runs on petrol. :y

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 31 July 2022, 17:52:44 »

I hope so too, and we can get on with actually using the thing.  :y

For the moment the 428i is hanging around as my daily, 250bhp is enough for a motorway hack and it returns close to 40mpg on a run.  Other than the small petrol tank it's pretty well perfect for the role. In the medium term an EV may rejoin the fleet, once you can get one again, obviously.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02 August 2022, 14:34:08 »

Any further news?

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 02 August 2022, 22:33:48 »

Unfortunately yes.

I formally rejected the car today. Mostly because it still hadn't moved from the garage in Shrewsbury until about 3pm today. Sometime after I'd called them to tell them I wasn't playing anymore.

In truth I'm sad that it's come to that, but on principle I couldn't let them take the pi$$ any longer. In the end, they didn't offer much resistance, once I'd quoted chapter and verse at them anyway.

I really don't know what to do now tbh, we do need another vehicle pretty sharpish, but I've rather lost enthusiasm for the whole thing  ::)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03 August 2022, 12:21:50 »

Get a Landcruiser, you know how the saying goes, if you want to go into the desert take a Landrover, if you want to come back take a Landcruiser  ::) :o :o
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 03 August 2022, 13:01:30 »

Unfortunately yes.

I formally rejected the car today. Mostly because it still hadn't moved from the garage in Shrewsbury until about 3pm today. Sometime after I'd called them to tell them I wasn't playing anymore.

In truth I'm sad that it's come to that, but on principle I couldn't let them take the pi$$ any longer. In the end, they didn't offer much resistance, once I'd quoted chapter and verse at them anyway.

I really don't know what to do now tbh, we do need another vehicle pretty sharpish, but I've rather lost enthusiasm for the whole thing  ::)

Forking out a lot of dosh on a new car should be a happy experience. You seem to have been bitten twice in this respect. :-\

I think you have made the right decision. My guess it that you would have endured a never-ending list of faults with this particular car.

Chin up. :y

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 03 August 2022, 13:57:28 »

Definitely done the right thing, get a good one & they're a superb vehicle get a bad one and it's guaranteed to be one problem after another.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 03 August 2022, 23:40:03 »

So today, in hopefully a conclusion to this sorry tale, I put a deposit down on a newer D5 that happened to come into one of our local LR dealers over the weekend. A 68 plate facelift 3.0, Loire Blue, tan interior and just about every possible option  :y

It's an ex JLR vehicle (OE registration) and was allegedly a former VIP car - which I could believe, or it could be total tosh, either way, it's rather lovely. Slightly oddly, it's had 'downgraded' 20" wheels, which I actually prefer. It's a newer, lower mileage and a better car than the green one, but then again, it was more expensive.

The car needs its first MOT and hasn't been through their workshop for checking, but was fully serviced at the dealer about 6 weeks ago. I can't wait for it to be ready  :)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04 August 2022, 08:19:39 »

Get a Landcruiser, you know how the saying goes, if you want to go into the desert take a Landrover, if you want to come back take a Landcruiser  ::) :o :o

The issue is they are not nice to drive, classic issue with a ladder chassis, crap on the road and awful at stopping the transfer of NVH  :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04 August 2022, 08:21:54 »

So today, in hopefully a conclusion to this sorry tale, I put a deposit down on a newer D5 that happened to come into one of our local LR dealers over the weekend. A 68 plate facelift 3.0, Loire Blue, tan interior and just about every possible option  :y

It's an ex JLR vehicle (OE registration) and was allegedly a former VIP car - which I could believe, or it could be total tosh, either way, it's rather lovely. Slightly oddly, it's had 'downgraded' 20" wheels, which I actually prefer. It's a newer, lower mileage and a better car than the green one, but then again, it was more expensive.

The car needs its first MOT and hasn't been through their workshop for checking, but was fully serviced at the dealer about 6 weeks ago. I can't wait for it to be ready  :)

OE is rarely JLR management, OV is the usual. OE being Oxford and and OV being more specific to Upper Heyford.

Feel free to ping me the Reg or VIN and I can have a little look on the system

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04 August 2022, 09:09:40 »

Yeah, OE tends to be round these parts.  Heyford makes sense, as all the plod are OE and prepped there.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.