Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: My LR Reliability thread  (Read 5589 times)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: My LR Reliability thread
« Reply #45 on: 04 August 2022, 09:37:13 »

Get a Landcruiser, you know how the saying goes, if you want to go into the desert take a Landrover, if you want to come back take a Landcruiser  ::) :o :o

The issue is they are not nice to drive, classic issue with a ladder chassis, crap on the road and awful at stopping the transfer of NVH  :y
:y

Very true,but pretty reliable
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04 August 2022, 11:02:20 »

I've had one and it was okay had its fair share of problems antiquated ride & not very comfortable on a long trip, pxd it for a Nissan Patrol which wasn't any better, as for the Range Rover it is simply superb
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04 August 2022, 13:28:01 »

So today, in hopefully a conclusion to this sorry tale, I put a deposit down on a newer D5 that happened to come into one of our local LR dealers over the weekend. A 68 plate facelift 3.0, Loire Blue, tan interior and just about every possible option  :y

It's an ex JLR vehicle (OE registration) and was allegedly a former VIP car - which I could believe, or it could be total tosh, either way, it's rather lovely. Slightly oddly, it's had 'downgraded' 20" wheels, which I actually prefer. It's a newer, lower mileage and a better car than the green one, but then again, it was more expensive.

The car needs its first MOT and hasn't been through their workshop for checking, but was fully serviced at the dealer about 6 weeks ago. I can't wait for it to be ready  :)

OE is rarely JLR management, OV is the usual. OE being Oxford and and OV being more specific to Upper Heyford.

Feel free to ping me the Reg or VIN and I can have a little look on the system

Pretty sure my last Jag was an ex JLR management car.

OY15 ASX. :y

Second best car I have owned. ::)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 04 August 2022, 13:37:35 »

So today, in hopefully a conclusion to this sorry tale, I put a deposit down on a newer D5 that happened to come into one of our local LR dealers over the weekend. A 68 plate facelift 3.0, Loire Blue, tan interior and just about every possible option  :y

It's an ex JLR vehicle (OE registration) and was allegedly a former VIP car - which I could believe, or it could be total tosh, either way, it's rather lovely. Slightly oddly, it's had 'downgraded' 20" wheels, which I actually prefer. It's a newer, lower mileage and a better car than the green one, but then again, it was more expensive.

The car needs its first MOT and hasn't been through their workshop for checking, but was fully serviced at the dealer about 6 weeks ago. I can't wait for it to be ready  :)

OE is rarely JLR management, OV is the usual. OE being Oxford and and OV being more specific to Upper Heyford.

Pretty sure my last Jag was an ex JLR management car.

OY15 ASX. :y

Second best car I have owned. ::)

OY is the other common ex management plate.   :y

Thats changed now though, as the supply has moved to Bruntingthorpe so they are now a bit more random, although KP is pretty common

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 04 August 2022, 19:28:50 »

Get a Landcruiser, you know how the saying goes, if you want to go into the desert take a Landrover, if you want to come back take a Landcruiser  ::) :o :o

I had considered these, but they really didn't feel 'special' enough to justify the cost they seem to command. I didn't drive it though, so can't comment on that side of things. Also the new(er) ones are absolutely fugly, I mean the D5 isn't handsome but but the LC is in a different league!  :o

Thanks Mark, very kind of you! I will drop you a note :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 04 August 2022, 19:52:34 »

So today, in hopefully a conclusion to this sorry tale, I put a deposit down on a newer D5 that happened to come into one of our local LR dealers over the weekend. A 68 plate facelift 3.0, Loire Blue, tan interior and just about every possible option :y

This sounds more like it. :y

I think 3 litre power and torque is better suited to pushing a weighty lad like a RR/LR along, than 2 litres.

Loire blue looks classy. :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04 August 2022, 20:38:30 »

Yes, while I'm sure the 2 litre lump is very capable (about 240 bhp?), a 3 litre in a Disco just seems right somehow.  :y

Much difference in tax & fuel economy Jim?  ???

Mind you as the old saying goes... If you have to ask.... ::)  :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 04 August 2022, 21:55:04 »

So today, in hopefully a conclusion to this sorry tale, I put a deposit down on a newer D5 that happened to come into one of our local LR dealers over the weekend. A 68 plate facelift 3.0, Loire Blue, tan interior and just about every possible option :y

This sounds more like it. :y

I think 3 litre power and torque is better suited to pushing a weighty lad like a RR/LR along, than 2 litres.

Loire blue looks classy. :y

My nephew has a 2.0 D5 and it does very well on the road when it all works
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04 August 2022, 22:46:45 »

Yes, while I'm sure the 2 litre lump is very capable (about 240 bhp?), a 3 litre in a Disco just seems right somehow.  :y

The fuel economy I can't comment on yet, but I suspect the type of miles I'm doing (95% motorway) the difference will be negligible, if I had to guess I'd say it will be in the stop-start stuff where the 3.0 is significantly more thirsty. I will investigate and report back  ;D.

Tax is an uptick, £300 odd for the 2.0, £500 odd for the 3.0, which is a pita, but, as you say, if I were down to £20pcm making the difference, I really shouldn't have bought the car.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 05 August 2022, 11:13:48 »

The fuel economy I can't comment on yet, but I suspect the type of miles I'm doing (95% motorway) the difference will be negligible, if I had to guess I'd say it will be in the stop-start stuff where the 3.0 is significantly more thirsty. I will investigate and report back  ;D.

Tax is an uptick, £300 odd for the 2.0, £500 odd for the 3.0, which is a pita, but, as you say, if I were down to £20pcm making the difference, I really shouldn't have bought the car.
The thing that has screwed me up has been budgeting for £115-120 a tank rather than £160+.

Although, diseasal is now available down here for £1.85 a litre, and if my first roster is anything to go by, my monthly commute will drop from 20 days a month to about 10. Which helps.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 05 August 2022, 15:24:20 »

https://youtu.be/S1FCQoZ4tTM

Does this float your boat, Jimmy?

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 05 August 2022, 16:08:25 »

In general, yes, very much so. In that spec, fu£k no.  ;D. I definitely prefer my cars in a proper colour, particularly in LR products where I associate black and white cars with the more nefarious end of society. Plus I think black wheels look cack I. 99% of their applications.

If a 7 seat L405 existed, I would have had one of those. But, having a more-than-occasional need to carry 6-7 people, I would have had to hang onto a third car, making the range rover impractical due to drive space and cost reasons. Going down to two daily cars featured heavily in the man-maths of the disco.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 05 August 2022, 17:24:18 »

In general, yes, very much so. In that spec, fu£k no.  ;D. I definitely prefer my cars in a proper colour, particularly in LR products where I associate black and white cars with the more nefarious end of society. Plus I think black wheels look cack I. 99% of their applications.

If a 7 seat L405 existed, I would have had one of those. But, having a more-than-occasional need to carry 6-7 people, I would have had to hang onto a third car, making the range rover impractical due to drive space and cost reasons. Going down to two daily cars featured heavily in the man-maths of the disco.

Yes....there is that element of society who are attracted.....and footballists.....and Katie Price in pink. >:D

I think she rolled one recently whilst 3 times over the drink drive limit. :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 05 August 2022, 23:53:45 »

Yes....there is that element of society who are attracted.....and footballists.....and Katie Price in pink. >:D

Lucky Katie has a fine pair of airbags eh?  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 06 August 2022, 09:43:24 »

Lucky Katie has a fine pair of airbags eh?  :)

Maybe, but very little brain.  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.