Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Been meaning to get this done.  (Read 1136 times)

2boxerdogs

Been meaning to get this done.
« on: 21 October 2012, 12:31:01 »

At last  , have had no issues with them , but this morning removed  powersounders from both the 2.2 & 2.6 only took 45 minutes to do the pair of them, did not want to see them going up in smoke!! What really worried me was the fact the 2.6 is always garaged when not being used & the garage is beneath a bedroom, so could cause a whole lot of damage. The mechanic friend who helped me had not heard of this problem (Ford trained) shows what a good forum this is to alert owners to the dangers of these things.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Been meaning to get this done.
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2012, 14:09:30 »

Must admit I'd never heard of it before seeing the forum,did mine as a matter of urgency.Better safe than sorry!

waspy

« Reply #2 on: 21 October 2012, 16:22:35 »

I read your post earlier & you prompted me to have a look to see if my Estate has one. I've disconnected the battery a few times & I didn't hear any tell tale signs :-\

Yep, just removed it about an hour ago & no sound at all came from it. It now lives in the bin until collection day :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #3 on: 21 October 2012, 16:30:48 »

Both of mine sounded for about 3 minutes after removing them, likewise now both in the bin.

waspy

« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2012, 16:36:56 »

Both of mine sounded for about 3 minutes after removing them, likewise now both in the bin.

The one on the DTi also squealed like a pig when removed, I guess it knew the fate that was set for it ;D

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2012, 18:26:18 »

I read your post earlier & you prompted me to have a look to see if my Estate has one. I've disconnected the battery a few times & I didn't hear any tell tale signs :-\

Yep, just removed it about an hour ago & no sound at all came from it. It now lives in the bin until collection day :y

Recycle/Vx; not a normal bin or landfill please!
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2012, 18:33:17 »

At last  , have had no issues with them , but this morning removed  powersounders from both the 2.2 & 2.6 only took 45 minutes to do the pair of them, did not want to see them going up in smoke!! What really worried me was the fact the 2.6 is always garaged when not being used & the garage is beneath a bedroom, so could cause a whole lot of damage. The mechanic friend who helped me had not heard of this problem (Ford trained) shows what a good forum this is to alert owners to the dangers of these things.

You know how these word of mouth things get twisted, Have visions now of Ford Forums ripping out half there Alarm Systems now.  ;D

waspy

« Reply #7 on: 21 October 2012, 19:36:58 »

I'd do more alleged damage to the environment driving to the "not so" local amenity site to recycle it :(

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 October 2012, 19:45:04 »

I'd do more alleged damage to the environment driving to the "not so" local amenity site to recycle it :(

:y :y :y
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.