Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X25XE and X30XE auto gearbox differences pre and post chassis V1999999  (Read 1303 times)

Derek_in_Penzance

• Penzance, Cornwall
    • View Profile

Can anybody tell me whether X25XE and X30XE auto gearbox differences pre and post chassis V1999999 are important?

I have a pre-V1999999 auto gearbox for a 3.0 V6 to go in a later chassis number (a Y chassis number).
The Vauxhall electronic parts catalogue shows different part numbers but I can't see any chassis breaks for the internal components, just the control ECU. I assume that the change programming is just slightly different and that for all practical purposes there is no difference between pre and post V1999999 gearboxes for the 2.5 and 3.0 cars.

Any advice gratefully received! Thanks.
Go to Facebook and become a Fan of the GM6 Spares Facebook page. Omegas dismantling, mail order parts & servicing. Tech 2 services available.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Technically, the 2.5/2.6 uses an AR25 whilst the 3.0/3.2 use the AR35.

The AR35 is preferred as it's a higher torque rating. Physically they are interchangeable, and you would simply unplug and remove the existing box and throw the new one in.

That's about as uncomplicated as it can be :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Derek_in_Penzance

• Penzance, Cornwall
    • View Profile

Thanks for your reply, I may have sown confusion by throwing in the 2.5 box as well, what I was saying was that for the 3.0 gearbox with torque converter that part number is 96016629 up to chassis number V1999999.
Subsequently from chassis W1000001 , the 3.0 gearbox is 96018038
I don't know what difference triggered a new part number, often it is something very minor that is of no great consequence, other times it can be really important. I just want to make sure I can use the "early" 3.0 gearbox to replace the faulty 3.0 gearbox on the Y-reg car without any obvious incompatibility.

(For the 2.5 gearbox the part numbers are 96016628 to ch V1999999, then 96018037 from ch W1000001 onwards).

Many thanks for your help.
Go to Facebook and become a Fan of the GM6 Spares Facebook page. Omegas dismantling, mail order parts & servicing. Tech 2 services available.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile

You've confused me with all that...

Basically, Autoboxes used in omega V6 are fully interchangeable, just don't put Ar25 in a 3.0/3.2!!!! Ar25, is shite, Ar35 is way to go.

Ar25 fitted in 2.5/2.6
 Ar35 fitted in 3.0/3.2... as said by DG
Hoof'land storeman.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile

There is an internal difference between the AR35 fitted to a 3.0 car compared to a 3.2, I can't remember exactly what it is but Serek knows. Completely interchangeable and plugs are identical (although the ECU is slightly different).

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile

There are differences in the cable tie points for the wiring. I *think* this is to do with the fact the 3.2/2.6 has pre and post cat lambda filters, whereas the 2.5/3.0 only have pre-cat. Other than that I didn't notice any difference when fitting a 3.2 AR35 to my 3.0 earlier this year, and it seems to work Ok.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

The brackets screw on iirc, so easy enough to swap if it's an issue ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Derek_in_Penzance

• Penzance, Cornwall
    • View Profile

Thank you all for the replies, very helpful. It shows the value of internet forums for car enthusiasts, there are always people willing to give good advice.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.