Chat Area > General Car Chat

Omega seat swap - questions

(1/4) > >>

Viral_Jim:
While the galaxy does everything we need it to, I do have one significant gripe with it - the front seats. The driver's seat has some wear which makes it less comfortable than the passenger seat, but even that side isn't particularly comfortable.

I was thinking of swapping in some omega seats, specifically the grey cdx mouse fur seats as we're in my estate. They would match from the perspective of being manual with electric height adjustment, exceptionally comfortable (IMO) and the grey cloth wouldn't look too odd.in the car. Now, some questions...

- Does anyone know the seat back/squab width? I've done a search but cannot see a post on the subject.

- does anyone have any seats for sale? The ones on eBay I've seen are roughly what I would expect to pay for seats with a whole omega attached.  ;D

As always, any help gratefully received.

STEMO:
Are you sure you want to start messing around with airbag wiring, Jim? If you put the light on in the galaxy it could be a bugger to put right.

Viral_Jim:
I'm only at the very start of looking at this Ste, but my initial thoughts are to leave the seatbelt as untouched Ford at both ends, which takes care of pretensioners. The only other SRS components afaik are the seat occupancy sensors. Something to be worked out but I'd hope to be able to take across the Ford items.

As I said, still early stage thinking   :y

STEMO:

--- Quote from: Viral_Jim on 30 April 2024, 05:28:32 ---I'm only at the very start of looking at this Ste, but my initial thoughts are to leave the seatbelt as untouched Ford at both ends, which takes care of pretensioners. The only other SRS components afaik are the seat occupancy sensors. Something to be worked out but I'd hope to be able to take across the Ford items.

--- End quote ---
Buy a cushion  ;D

Sir Tigger KC:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 30 April 2024, 06:07:55 ---
--- Quote from: Viral_Jim on 30 April 2024, 05:28:32 ---I'm only at the very start of looking at this Ste, but my initial thoughts are to leave the seatbelt as untouched Ford at both ends, which takes care of pretensioners. The only other SRS components afaik are the seat occupancy sensors. Something to be worked out but I'd hope to be able to take across the Ford items.

--- End quote ---
Buy a cushion  ;D

--- End quote ---

^This!^   :y  K.I.S.S.   :-*   ;D

I suspect what seems like a fairly easy project at first glance could turn into a nightmare.  :-X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version