Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Volvo XC90  (Read 2876 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Volvo XC90
« Reply #30 on: 20 February 2022, 18:05:05 »

But not for me... Would rather fly BryanAir* than voluntarily own another VAG product.
Yet you happily own non classic MB products ;D

One man's poison is another man's desire.  For example, all the BL/AR/Rover cars I've had have been excellent, reliable little workhorses despite the reputation.  I'd own another if they still existed.

Yes Mercedes remind me of the Lada Rivas my aunt had in the eighties, just made a little better. I'd have a Renault before a Merc.

Speaking as someone who replaced a Merc with a Renault - are you fickin mental ?  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20 February 2022, 20:28:12 »

But not for me... Would rather fly BryanAir* than voluntarily own another VAG product.

One man's poison is another man's desire.  For example, all the BL/AR/Rover cars I've had have been excellent, reliable little workhorses despite the reputation.  I'd own another if they still existed.

Yes Mercedes remind me of the Lada Rivas my aunt had in the eighties, just made a little better. I'd have a Renault before a Merc.

Speaking as someone who replaced a Merc with a Renault - are you fickin mental ?  ;D

I don't like Renaults. But I've never sat in, driven or done work on a Merc that would ever make me want one. They're even less appealing than most BMWs and Porsches.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20 February 2022, 22:38:59 »

The Barge was almost vintage to some... Nearly as old as some of lads at work :D
But was still after the era from when MB cars were reasonably well designed and made, and in the ongoing era when they have no designers, and hence poorly made.  Hence it was a bit shit, if you're being honest with yourself.
The W140 was about a billion dollars better built. My personal choice was always torn between the W116 450 SEL 6.9, W126 500/560 SEL and the S500/600 W140.  I like creature comforts but appreciate the (relative) simplicity if the W116.

As it went, The Barge was clean, good MoT history and, in spite of being parked long enough to go green, the suspension was still up and it ran/drove really well. And it cost £460. So no, not my first choice and not a patch on the three previous models, but not an inherently bad car.

The Alabama Mumsybus is well built, albeit not as plush as the equivalent S. But definitely better built than the Seat I had of similar vintage and the Vectrums/Insignia. And nowhere near as shiny plastickey as anything more reliable, aka Janpanesey/Korean.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21 February 2022, 13:27:49 »

Ah, but your Merc was one of the last MB vintage before they got shot of the designers.

Bro, shortly after MB decided that actually putting effort into designing cars was too much work,  was working for a 3rd party company that AMG used to try to make a standard Merc basically work as a tool (ie, be able to stop, or deal with a bend), so we got lots of drives in soon to be released AMG variants of standard cars, in various states of AMG-ness (back when AMG was more than a badge and a set of alloys), which was a hoot.  But the complete lack of any care in how the cars were constructed or components used was obvious, even to the stupid kid from the local comp...   ...who drove MkII Astras and Rovers at the time ;D

Bro's job was quite easy when it came to shit like suspension and brakes, because all AMG wanted to know is which part numbers from the Bilstein catalogue should they be buying, because they were unable to do the maths themselves.  Although nothing was ever going to overcome the chassis deficiencies, which is why any powerful merc is impossible to drive quickly.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 February 2022, 13:56:10 »

Mine was the first S that had no budget. Airmatic rides well but doesn't handle as well as ABC. But that's a whole other level of pain and anguish :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27 February 2022, 10:56:11 »

]
I had a thing for these cars long before Nige Entwood took the plunge.

Whatever happened to Nige?

Not been online here for 12 months  :(
Hope he is okay

He's still active with his local caravan club so guess he's ok.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 27 February 2022, 20:00:24 »

]
I had a thing for these cars long before Nige Entwood took the plunge.

Whatever happened to Nige?

Not been online here for 12 months  :(
Hope he is okay

:) :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 27 February 2022, 20:04:55 »

Thanks Alan  :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.