Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Kin Towbar wiring again!  (Read 871 times)

OLDTIMER

• Hertfordshire
    • View Profile
'Kin Towbar wiring again!
« on: 07 May 2009, 23:26:26 »

Hi Peeps, This may sound old hat as it has cropped up time and again and I suppose a lot of the knowledgable ones amongst you will probibly give this one a big [OH F**K NOT THAT OLD CHESTNUT AGAIN  ;D ;D ;D
Well for anyone who is still reading, this is my delemmer-: I have a 1997 2ltr estate and on inspecting the loom behind the car jack in the wheel well I have come across a Square socket with a wire looped from one hole to another, this part is removable from the plug which is attached to the loom. If this is the plug to use to wire up the tow bar electrics how does one fit the cables into the socket? and of cause the daftest question is which cables go into which holes!!!!!!! :-[
If there is anybody in my area who is knowledgable in this matter who could come and show me what neads to go where I would be most greatfull if he could pop round and sort this problem out for me! 8-) :) :y
MIKE

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: 'Kin Towbar wiring again!
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2009, 04:52:09 »

Hi Peeps, This may sound old hat as it has cropped up time and again and I suppose a lot of the knowledgable ones amongst you will probibly give this one a big [OH F**K NOT THAT OLD CHESTNUT AGAIN  ;D ;D ;D
Well for anyone who is still reading, this is my delemmer-: I have a 1997 2ltr estate and on inspecting the loom behind the car jack in the wheel well I have come across a Square socket with a wire looped from one hole to another, this part is removable from the plug which is attached to the loom. If this is the plug to use to wire up the tow bar electrics how does one fit the cables into the socket? and of cause the daftest question is which cables go into which holes!!!!!!! :-[
If there is anybody in my area who is knowledgable in this matter who could come and show me what neads to go where I would be most greatfull if he could pop round and sort this problem out for me! 8-) :) :y

The idea is that you don't need to know which wire is which because you just buy a loom which plugs straight into the socket you've found and .... voila! a correctly wired 12N socket!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.