Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Guest numbers up this year  (Read 2615 times)

albitz

Re: Guest numbers up this year
« Reply #30 on: 27 December 2012, 16:52:12 »

Thats assuming the machines are made in the U.K. which isnt that likely tbh. ;)
Going back to the point about benefits etc. Imo its the age old argument about the deserving and undeserving poor (the chavs and chav nots  :D). To me its basic common sense that there are people who are in dire straits through no fault of their own,and those who are bone idle.The bone idle deserve no help from the taxpayer imo,and I would imagine most right thinking people would feel the same way.
There was a shift in thinking from the powers that be somewhere along the line though,which gradually allowed this distinction to disappear,and we have now arrived at the point where the currrent lot are being labelled cruel,heartless rich boys for trying to introduce a system where benifits are limited to an amount that someone in work would have to earn almost £40k p.a. to be able to have the same income.
Its ludicrous and may well bring us to the point (unless someone conjures up some serious growth very soon) that those who genuinely deserve our help wont be able to get it,because there is no money to give them,and it has become too expensive to borrow it.
Then there are people like me,who can very easily become very badly stuck if they lose their job due to not being qualified to do anything in particular.Qualifications rather than experience seem to count for so much these days.
I hated school,was a rebel without a clue and left school before I was legally allowed to and without a single qualification.
I deeply regretted it within a few years,but in those days it wasnt such a big deal as it is now.If you were willing to physically graft you could still do ok,but those types of jobs are becoming ever more scarce as traditional manufacturing jobs are a smaller part of the economy in this country.
Theres no perfect answer,but people of my age group who have some of their working life left are often in a bit of a precarious position.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 27 December 2012, 16:55:03 »

and those who are bone idle.The bone idle deserve no help from the taxpayer imo,and I would imagine most right thinking people would feel the same way.

Thats key problem

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 December 2012, 21:19:48 »

i wish people who dont know what they are talking about would keep their comments to them self , until they know what their talkin about . until then keep quiet  >:( >:( i wish i could go to work but the doctors wont let me . so some one who has never been in this situation should keep quiet . i can say it different but i wont , because i am getting angery now. >:( >:(

As Lazydocker has reminded you, I said if you are "fit and healthy" there is no reason why you should not be able to find work.

I mentioned nothing about people with medical conditions preventing them working, in fact I know quite a few people who want to work, but are being told not to by doctors.

A very good friend of mine was recently on benefits, as he was made redundant. But he was a smart chap and saved for such an occasion, nothing like a 90% drop in income to make you find another job.

He was out there every day, applying to 100's of jobs, going to interviews. He did not rest until he was in work again, as it happens I got him a position at BSkyB.

It was not the job he wanted to do,  he was a Director, now he is just a manager, so the money was not what he wanted. But it was a job and good money, so he took it.

In my opinion a lot of people who say work is not out there, just don't want to do the jobs that are available.
its ok when you got friends who can find you a job . so he didnt find it on his own >:( >:( and he had a good job before hand  ??? ???and if he had savings he wont have got benefits ???
« Last Edit: 27 December 2012, 21:27:59 by bored bigyin54 »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 27 December 2012, 21:26:55 »

i wish people who dont know what they are talking about would keep their comments to them self , until they know what their talkin about . until then keep quiet  >:( >:( i wish i could go to work but the doctors wont let me . so some one who has never been in this situation should keep quiet . i can say it different but i wont , because i am getting angery now. >:( >:(

As Lazydocker has reminded you, I said if you are "fit and healthy" there is no reason why you should not be able to find work.

I mentioned nothing about people with medical conditions preventing them working, in fact I know quite a few people who want to work, but are being told not to by doctors.

A very good friend of mine was recently on benefits, as he was made redundant. But he was a smart chap and saved for such an occasion, nothing like a 90% drop in income to make you find another job.

He was out there every day, applying to 100's of jobs, going to interviews. He did not rest until he was in work again, as it happens I got him a position at BSkyB.

It was not the job he wanted to do,  he was a Director, now he is just a manager, so the money was not what he wanted. But it was a job and good money, so he took it.

In my opinion a lot of people who say work is not out there, just don't want to do the jobs that are available.
its ok when you got friends who can find you a job . so he didnt find it on his own >:( >:( and he had a good job before hand  ??? ???

He had interviews and was offered other jobs, but the BSkyB offered best for him.

He was a Director at Mobile Entertainment company, same one I used to work for. But he was made redundant, just before Christmas last year. Why can I ask, by not finding it himself does that make you angry?  ::)

My point is, there are jobs available for people who want to work. But they are often not at the level (pay) or in the area they want.

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 December 2012, 14:16:14 »

More and more food banks opening all over the place , it is a sad time for those in need with little help . Well done on doing your bit to help  :)
going back to the 1920 . when the lib's had some power then :y :y :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.