Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: indicators not working  (Read 1139 times)

zocom

• wigan lancs
    • omega 2.2td
    • View Profile
indicators not working
« on: 28 July 2014, 19:27:44 »

hi guys got a problem with my indicators or hazards not working on a omega 2.2 diesel i can hear the relay clicking and it bleeps if i leave the stalk down when i take the keys out also the indicators flash when armed and disarmed the fuse is ok and the relay is clicking had the hazard light switch out but cant really tell if its ok can hear it clicking when pressed in and out looking on this forum things seem to point to a faulty hazard switch dont really want to buy one if thats not the problem is there anyway of bypassing the hazard lights to see if the indicators work like bridging pins with wire Thanks in advance

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: indicators not working
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2014, 19:48:15 »

Have you tried turning the hazards on & off repeatedly?

And welcome to the forum :y

zocom

• wigan lancs
    • omega 2.2td
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2014, 22:12:34 »

i have sometimes they work for a second or 2 then nothing at all checked all the pins on the back and they seem to be clean and making contact so dont really know was thinking of spraying switch cleaner in it tomorrow cant do any harm it did this a few months ago checked all the usual stuff like fuse, relay and took the switch then it seemed to right its self so i just left it might just order a switch of ebay and see and Thanks its always good to have experts on hand  8)   

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2014, 00:27:17 »

Welcome to OOF mate :y

Replace the large black relay situated in the fuse box below the steering wheel ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 July 2014, 10:32:58 »

The standard advice for Omega Indicators is to repeatedly switch hazards on and off about 50 times (the contacts on the hazard switch can go naff), and if that doesn't cure, replace the flasher relay.

Welcome to OOF :y
Grumpy old man

zocom

• wigan lancs
    • omega 2.2td
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2014, 17:38:35 »

even more confused now lol got in it this morning for work indicators working perfect same on the way home didnt try the hazards didnt want to push my luck lol so i just dont know but it wouldnt be good if they went when i was on the moto way think im going to get some switch cleaner from maplins and managed to source a unused hazard switch off ebay for a fiver so if it happens again at lest ill be prepared  Thanks for your help guys if it goes again ill try the switch cleaner or pup the new one in and see what happens ill report back if it does in-case it helps someone else :) 

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2014, 23:51:05 »

Glad its "cured itself", but suspect its a failing relay, and fault will return ???
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.