Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Am finally starting to feel relaxed with my Omega  (Read 6241 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Am finally starting to feel relaxed with my Omega
« Reply #45 on: 05 November 2011, 20:57:33 »

I perfectly respect your rights and opinions. But it saddens me greatly when some keyboard warriors choose to slag another member off in the way that this lad has been treated in this thread. I'm surprised he hasn't cleared off already. Clearly he hasn't and he has responded (with a fair amount of dignity and restraint) and fair play to him.

I wholeheartedly agree  :y

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 05 November 2011, 21:25:37 »

It's so sad to read this thread. We all have different interpretations of our Omegas but at the end of the day we are all enthusiasts for an ageing, discontinued car that we all share a passion for. Some of us are traditionalists and wouldn't dream of changing anything from the day the car rolled off the production line. Others like to completely change the character and design (who can forget Thomas the Tank Engine)??? ;D

Then there are those in between, a category into which many, many OOF members fall. Including me. I'm no 'chav' but I like my badgeless grill and my 'eyebrows 8)'. Car Nut has contributed to this forum by telling us about the pride he has in his car and has shared some of the modifications he has done. You may not agree with them. You may not like them. That's fine, I perfectly respect your rights and opinions. But it saddens me greatly when some keyboard warriors choose to slag another member off in the way that this lad has been treated in this thread. I'm surprised he hasn't cleared off already. Clearly he hasn't and he has responded (with a fair amount of dignity and restraint) and fair play to him.

I like people to be different and do things differently. It makes the world interesting, so let's live and let live eh? :)

i think you need a reality check  no ones slagged him off  he wanted opinions on his lights  unfortunately most people dont like them and think they are dangerous in certain weather conditions  as for keyboard warriors  get a grip its a forum with many views  if you cant handle that shut the door on your way out

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 05 November 2011, 21:30:01 »

It's so sad to read this thread. We all have different interpretations of our Omegas but at the end of the day we are all enthusiasts for an ageing, discontinued car that we all share a passion for. Some of us are traditionalists and wouldn't dream of changing anything from the day the car rolled off the production line. Others like to completely change the character and design (who can forget Thomas the Tank Engine)??? ;D

Then there are those in between, a category into which many, many OOF members fall. Including me. I'm no 'chav' but I like my badgeless grill and my 'eyebrows 8)'. Car Nut has contributed to this forum by telling us about the pride he has in his car and has shared some of the modifications he has done. You may not agree with them. You may not like them. That's fine, I perfectly respect your rights and opinions. But it saddens me greatly when some keyboard warriors choose to slag another member off in the way that this lad has been treated in this thread. I'm surprised he hasn't cleared off already. Clearly he hasn't and he has responded (with a fair amount of dignity and restraint) and fair play to him.

I like people to be different and do things differently. It makes the world interesting, so let's live and let live eh? :)

i think you need a reality check  no ones slagged him off  he wanted opinions on his lights  unfortunately most people dont like them and think they are dangerous in certain weather conditions  as for keyboard warriors  get a grip its a forum with many views  if you cant handle that shut the door on your way out

I remember when this forum was such a friendly community...... compared to the hostility in so many of these posts now...  :'(

albitz

« Reply #48 on: 05 November 2011, 21:32:43 »

I remember when this forum was such a friendly community...... compared to the hostility in so many of these posts now...  :'(

I entirely agree. :(

Clouseau

• Telford
  • Keeping the dream alive...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 05 November 2011, 21:40:38 »

I rest my case.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 05 November 2011, 21:43:41 »

Discussion and debate are good and are what the forum is all about.  There will always be difference of opinions, which generally makes for an interesting read.   :y

I disagree with you Millwall, in that no-ones been slagged off.  In my book being called stupid and an idiot is pretty insulting, and therefore you're being slagged off....  ??? 

Car-nut took the time and effort to share his light thing with us, and I applude him for not descending to the same levels......  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 05 November 2011, 21:46:39 »

wheres the hostility  the bloke starts spouting about keyboard warriors  as i said people do mods that are not to everyones taste  you got to take opinions good or bad  if he likes what he did then fair play

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 05 November 2011, 21:49:55 »

Discussion and debate are good and are what the forum is all about.  There will always be difference of opinions, which generally makes for an interesting read.   :y

I disagree with you Millwall, in that no-ones been slagged off.  In my book being called stupid and an idiot is pretty insulting, and therefore you're being slagged off.... ??? 

Car-nut took the time and effort to share his light thing with us, and I applude him for not descending to the same levels......  :y
must get new glasses missed that ;D no thats not on  doing that to his lights doesnt entitle people to call him stupid or a idiot :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 06 November 2011, 01:08:20 »

As you are all acting like schoolchildren, I have to lock :(

Car-nut, please start a new thread, hopefully it wouldn't turn into slanting match again
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.