Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2001/Y 3.2 Elite saloon (black) For Sale  (Read 2302 times)

djac

• Intermediate Member
  • West Sussex
    • 2001/Y Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
2001/Y 3.2 Elite saloon (black) For Sale
« on: 15 May 2012, 18:34:49 »

Looks like I have to offer my Omega for sale. My place of work is relocating and I will have a daily commute of around 60 miles (round trip) and, as much as I love the Omega, the fuel cost is likely to be horrendous at best. And no, buying a small second car is not an option.

Details are:

3.2 V6 saloon in black.
Cloth upholstery - clean but starting to show its age.
134000 miles
Tax runs out this month but will put another 6 months on.
MOT until November 2012
Full electrics as you would expect on an Elite (but sadly not on more recent Elites) - the only problem is that the Park Pilot has stopped working.
Cam belt kit and water pump at ~122k miles
Alloys refurbed (face only)
Rear shocks and springs replaced
Brake discs replaced all round
Longlife stainless exhaust (cat back) - quiet until you give it some right foot, then it growls!
Receipts for all work since I have owned it, and stamped service book before that

This is a car with 134k miles on it so it is not in pristine condition, but starts every time and runs very nicely.
The bodywork is straight but there are the odd little dinks and scratches

The issues that I am aware of:
Rust on n/s/r arch
Park Pilot not working
'Tick' from engine when idling. I'm not sure what this is, could be a lazy hydraulic lifter or even an exhaust gasket blowing. The car is going in for an oil & filter change on Thursday, I will ask the garage to try and assess where the problem is. This doesn't affect the running of the engine
EML is on. This is the pre-cat sensor issue (0420 and 0430 - I think those are the right codes)) and I am pretty sure it is down to using sh1tty Tesco fuel. Using their premium fuel (Momentum) will usually get the light to go off. There have not been any emissions issues at MOT
Chips on the windscreen. Noticeable but not an MOT failure (not even advised on the last couple of MOTS)

Looking for offers close to £1000.

Any questions, fire away.

Thanks for looking.

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
Re: 2001/Y 3.2 Elite saloon (black) For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2012, 19:12:07 »

Hope you don't mind me asking, has that front left hand wing been painted at all? Also what's the best price for cash, will be pound notes tomorrow. Cheers Del :y
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

djac

• Intermediate Member
  • West Sussex
    • 2001/Y Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2012, 09:51:32 »

Hi Del

No, the wing hasn't been repainted as far as I know, certainly not in the time I've owned it. It does look a bit 'flat' in that picture doesn't it....

I have occasionally thought about having the car machine polished, just never got around to it.

I suppose there is a little bit of flexibility in the price (isn't there always....) but not too much. Don't forget I'm going to be putting 6 months tax on.....

Do you want to PM me your very best offer and I'll see if we're in the same area...?

djac

• Intermediate Member
  • West Sussex
    • 2001/Y Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2012, 15:28:12 »

Update - 27 miles after filling up with Tesco's premium fuel (Momentum) the EML has gone out.  :y

Just shows how sensitive the pre-cat sensor arrangement is on these things...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.