Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear fog lights and mirrors dont work  (Read 1298 times)

vesil

• Finland
    • View Profile
Rear fog lights and mirrors dont work
« on: 22 November 2009, 10:25:33 »

On my -95 omega estate (german) the rear fog lights dont work. They are the double bulbs at the bottom of the row of bulbs on both sides, right? Same bulb as the regular rear light... The button does light up like it should. All fuses in the fusebox are fine. Some are missing, but I think they have never been there.
Also the electric mirror heating and aiming doesnt work. The button for the mirrors on the door does light up when heating should be on, but they dont defrost, neither does the rear window btw... The button on the dash for the rear screen heater does light up. I haveto adjust the mirrors by hand through the windows.
Somehow it feels like the problems might be related, but I have no idea of where to start looking without a wiring schematic of some sort.
Does anyone have any experience with some of these symptoms?

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
  • carn't get up dont go out!!
    • View Profile
Re: Rear fog lights and mirrors dont work
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2009, 01:34:38 »

the fog lights would think it was the relay, dose it click when you put them on, the others i would think were relays, the black one under drivers steering wheel, the fog light one is there to but off and cannot remeber wich one they are, or just or, the fuse is cracked not blown cracked dose happen some times, check them on a meter. :y
Omega's is a life not just a car. also do ecu codes read and wiped or rest.., fix LCD tv & DVD recorders PS3's and most electrical equipment just e-mail me.

vesil

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2009, 22:09:07 »

the fog lights would think it was the relay, dose it click when you put them on, the others i would think were relays, the black one under drivers steering wheel, the fog light one is there to but off and cannot remeber wich one they are, or just or, the fuse is cracked not blown cracked dose happen some times, check them on a meter. :y

Switching on the rear foglight does make a click and it lights the lamp symbol on the dash, but the click doesnt come from any of the relays under the steering wheel. Its somewhere inside the dashboard...

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
  • carn't get up dont go out!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2009, 04:09:52 »

ok, look at the earth wires under the battery check that they are all good and give them a clean, that maybe the problem an earthing problem  :y
Omega's is a life not just a car. also do ecu codes read and wiped or rest.., fix LCD tv & DVD recorders PS3's and most electrical equipment just e-mail me.

gohmathew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 November 2009, 10:36:57 »

When the switch is in the middle, between the left and right mirrors, that should turn on the heated mirrors. At least if your car is like mine.
« Last Edit: 25 November 2009, 11:24:32 by gohmathew »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 November 2009, 10:37:31 »

When the switch is in the middle, between the left and right mirrors, that should turn on the heated mirrors. At least if your car is like mine.

Different make or model of car  ;)  ::). Omega's heated mirrors come on with the heated rear screen, as did the Senator & Omega A/Carlton before it. My old 86 Carlton (Opel Commodore?) had a seperate button for mirror heaters.  ;)
« Last Edit: 25 November 2009, 10:37:43 by Andy_B »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.