Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.2 exhaust replacemant  (Read 2023 times)

ian57

• Rotherham
    • View Profile
2.2 exhaust replacemant
« on: 19 June 2007, 18:19:58 »

Hi group,

My W plate facelift 2.2 CD estate exhaust is blowing (I think its still orig fit) done the rounds of local exhaust places, looks like it all needs replacing inc cat as there is a flexi joint leaking, quotes from £400 to £535  :'( is that about right??

However one place tells me that the one thats on the car has 2 x cats and 2 x lambda sensor's but the replacement will only have one cat!! I mentioned will it affect the emmisions & mot & what about the lambda sensor's ??  And he suggested the ONLY way 2 get the 2 cat system is from dealer (who i rang & they want £900 + vat supply only full system)
I'm sure someone can give me some wisdom eg been to kwikfit etc 4 a new exhaust & not had probs with mot emmissions??

Thanks in advance Ian R   :y

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 exhaust replacemant
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2007, 18:27:16 »

general advice is to stay well away from fast fit.  VX original is the way to go.

I'd also be a bit surprised with the twin cat/lambda  That tends to be for the V6's not the 2.2

see
http://www.catalogue.bosal.com/pages/exh_system_list.php?query_nr=2&make=vauxhall&model=omega

which may be of some use
« Last Edit: 19 June 2007, 18:27:56 by jonathanh »
parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info

JONNYWAKEY

• Bilsthorpe Nottinghamshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 June 2007, 18:35:26 »

Ian, where abouts do you live?

I have a 2001 Y reg 2.2 Omega, this has only 1 cat but the exhaust splits from the cat into 2 intermediate boxes then back to the 1 rear box.

I was quoted nearly £600 from the Vauxhall Stealer!

Found a local place that replaced all exhaust from the back of the cat onwards, I paid £330 and they are genuine vauxhall parts.

Stick to Vauxhall parts as the cheaper systems tend to be louder and annoying from inside the cabin.

Best of luck

Jonny

ian57

• Rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2007, 18:55:15 »

Hi thanks 4 fast replys,  
after the cats my system splits into 2 pipes + box's also then back to 1 box at the rear.
BTW I live near sheffield.

My local Sheffield VX dealer prices:-
cat section £610 +vat
1 side section £122 + V
other side section £104 + V
Rear section £93 + V
almost £1100 unfitted over the counter!!
They go from my car reg 4 details
(My daughter paid £ 115 for her 106 pug full system!!)
Ian

ian57

• Rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2007, 19:05:29 »

I'd also be a bit surprised with the twin cat/lambda  That tends to be for the V6's not the 2.2

see  
http://www.catalogue.bosal.com/pages/exh_system_list.php?query_nr=2&make=vau xhall&model=omega

which may be of some use

The 2 x cats are in line on a single pipe from manifold then split into 2 sections, none on the supplied link seem to match my system!!

Strange ??
Ian :-[

JONNYWAKEY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 June 2007, 19:20:12 »

Ian

I live around 7 miles south of Worksop, I can give you the details of the place where I had mine fitted if its of any Interest to you.

Bloke fits it in around twenty minutes, all Vauxhall Genuine parts.

Let me know if you need details, would take you around 40 mins from Sheffield if that!

Regards

Jonny

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 June 2007, 19:27:01 »

Stick with genuine parts, about £200 if you have access to Trade Club for the parts, bung a local mechanic £30 to fit....
Grumpy old man

JONNYWAKEY

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 June 2007, 19:30:29 »

TB,

Thats about right for price, the guy who did my exhaust said he was getting them from TC, just found my invoice to get address for Ian as he lives near me!

Price for 3 sections of exhaust was £243 + vat fitted - £285 total and they were genuine vauxhall parts

Cheers

Jonny

ian57

• Rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 June 2007, 20:12:12 »

Price for 3 sections of exhaust was £243 + vat fitted - £285 total and they were genuine vauxhall parts

Sounds great 2 me,  Worksop no problem just find a phone No would like 2 get this sorted this week b4 it falls off!!

Thanks Ian

JONNYWAKEY

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 June 2007, 20:19:03 »

Ian

Contact details are:-

Dukeries Motor Centre
Wellow Road
Ollerton
Notts
NG229AP
Tel 01623 863177

Best to ring first and get parts ordered, remind the guy that he has fitted one before on a Y reg Silver Omega 2.2 and describe the exhaust layout, he should know the parts.

I can supply directions unless you have sat nav?

Regards

Jonny

ian57

• Rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 June 2007, 20:46:16 »

Thanks Jonny, i will ring Dukeries first thing tomorrow, & let u no how I get on, but every 1 I ring asks 2 see car due it being 2.2 !! strange!!

Thanks again, Ian

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 June 2007, 20:55:59 »

Thanks Jonny, i will ring Dukeries first thing tomorrow, & let u no how I get on, but every 1 I ring asks 2 see car due it being 2.2 !! strange!!

Thanks again, Ian
up until recently, it wasn't possible to get pattern parts, so many places may not have up to date catalogues...
Grumpy old man

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 June 2007, 22:41:59 »

TC book lists:

Exhaust silencer and tail pipes for 2.2 estate 9157104 £56.24 (£93.00 retail) + VAT.

There is a listing for 2.2 saloon RH & LH silencer and centre pipes at £75 each but I can't find a listing for an estate  :-[ - sounds like this garage could be very useful. ;)

I'd suggest mentioning the referal from OOF and if they will supply TC parts to members we could give them a big plug  :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 June 2007, 22:58:58 »

Avoid, Kwick Fit and other fast fit exhaust places! Get GM!

The original exhaust on my 2.2 lasted 96k and 6 years, so i went for GM. Cost me £200 cat back on trade club, paid a local garage £20 cash to fit it.

I have heard non-gm exhausts, and they do sound quite bad. The type of car the Omega is, you will notice a large difference in exhaust noise, on a non-gm system.
« Last Edit: 19 June 2007, 22:59:44 by tunnie »

ian57

• Rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 June 2007, 15:43:46 »

Update 2 exhaust prob,  contacted Dukeries Motor Centre spoke to Sam, gave all specs, told me this was a tough one!! but he will see what he could do & get back to me in a hour, as yet still not got back to me!! :-?
A friend who no's some one inside @ local VX dealers could get 20% off the £1100 price , but with fitting would still b almost 1K !!
Just not worth it 4  a 2K car, I usually keep a car 3yrs then move up 3/4 yrs I have had this car almost 3!!
 so went 2 best quote a little over £400 same pipes etc but 1 cat with 2 lambdas on 1st pipe & the rest same as orig. Job now done!! :y
This is my 2nd omega & the 2.2 is much better than the 2ltr 16v I had b4, cam pulleys falling apart etc  (always had carltons b4 a simpler & better car)
Dont no what 2 do after this car as the last omegas are 2003??  This car size has been great 4 me as I fit kitchens, can't find anything better, the new vectras look   :-/

Thanks for replys everyone.

Ian
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.