Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blaupunkt Car 300 stereo removal  (Read 5336 times)

CatManAl

• Glasgow
  • If you can't beat them, shoot them.
    • View Profile
Blaupunkt Car 300 stereo removal
« on: 17 September 2007, 15:24:26 »

Hello,

I've bought the stereo removal tool for my Omega 2.5 TD to gett the Blaupunkt out so I can upgrade it. I've pushed the pins in to a satisfactory "clunk" point but can't seem to get the radio out.

Is it a question of pulling really hard or is there something else I have to release?

Al.

Tafty

• Liverpool
  • This week I am no longer the owner of a miggy!! :(
    • View Profile
Re: Blaupunkt Car 300 stereo removal
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2007, 15:47:00 »

Would be better posted in the ICE section - but as far as I am aware - I have always just pushed the tools in and push them both at he same time away from the centre of the unit.

You have also got the aerial and speaker socket to disengage so sometimes it can be a little testing. use a butter knife - works for me.

HTH

Lee
« Last Edit: 17 September 2007, 15:48:05 by Tafty »

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2007, 16:17:03 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep.

Insert the pins then push/pull them outwards so that they grip the unit and crucially compress the two retaining tabs on the edge of the unit.

You might want to check you have the code before hand, but on a car 300....pah! Have you got a replacement unit? The VDO/Delco CDR500 is a direct replacement single slot CD player.

You'd be no good working in Middlesborough would ya!  ;D ;)

CatManAl

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2007, 10:45:56 »

I managed to get it out. Didn't realise there was an ICE section. Will pose my next q there.

Replaced it with a JVC single slot cd player. Now all I need to do is find somewhere to site the Pioneer 6x9's...

That's the one for ICE.

Middlesborough? Pah! I work the Southside of the Weedge! (Glasgow for those that don't know or care). Just never tried to get one with such a poor resale value... :D

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 September 2007, 03:00:04 »

;D ;)

Have you managed to get your JVC working with the computer display??? I am 75% sure that some JVC's are compatible with the existing radio display if they are wired correctly.

....and many congratulations once again in obtaining a mighty fine looking doorstop  :y

CatManAl

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 September 2007, 17:09:01 »

Nope! It doesn't work with the computer display. Mind you, the computer display didn't work with the Blaupunkt either...

The automatic power off to the JVC keeps wiping the radio stations that I programme in and the itrip I bought today for the princely sum of £8 (Maplin's) works for 66 seconds at a time before it or the stereo decides it has had enough and needs to be reset.

So, the doorstop. Are you referring to the car or the stereo? Either way, I'm becoming more and more dissullusioned (sp?) with them both...  :-[

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 September 2007, 11:44:32 »

Haha!  ;D Noooo, the Car 300 radio  :y

Did you observe the vauxhall wiring pinout which is different to the standard ISO wiring required for your radio(probably supplied with your JVC)??? I.E. it will not just plug straight in. You can get an adaptor loom to fit between them both for about a tenner to avoid you hacking the wiring.

Two wires are supposed to be switched and i'm guessing from the fact that the radio is losing its presets that the permanent live is not connected correctly. (I think it's the permanent and switched lives that should be swapped  :-/ )

Hope you get it all working soon, it's not rocket science so make sure you bob back here if you get stuck  ;)

pankoboy

• Spalding, Lincolnshire
  • If your not first.... your last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2007, 10:06:02 »

to sort your memory issue, switch the red and yellow wire over. Most JVC's go from they're own connection to iso so the wire change over is easy This will cure this easy peasy and save you £ on a iso lead. However if the loom plugs straight in the back of the unit then you will need iso adaptor :(

www.track-attack.co.uk - The Motorsports enthusiasts forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.