Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: WIring diagram for CCRT700  (Read 7073 times)

Ford Prefect

• View Profile
WIring diagram for CCRT700
« on: 06 March 2008, 10:55:31 »

I now have the short loom from the back of the CCRT700.. I was sort of expecting somthing slightly differant...  basically one that had a some extra wires and the standard ISO's to plug into the existing loom and with the extra wires dealing with the phone side of things. Inspection reveals this not to be the case :( It has the 2 standard ISO's and a big red connector from hell. So what I now need is a wirng diagram for the CCRT700, and one for the CDR500 (whcih is what I have ATM so I can make up a link loom with what I ahve and sort out the rest. I am assuing the MID (?) is much the same. The car is a '99 2.5 CD pre facelift.

Assuming the wires have much the same colours for the same functions I can get it working, but I would like the extra nice bits!

Or is there a second peice of loom between the drivers footrwell and the back of the peice I have?

Stewart

jules

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
  • Woke up this morning a post whore
    • View Profile
Re: WIring diagram for CCRT700
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2008, 16:05:41 »

et Voila !

as if by magic the wiring fairy appeared :

http://www.ccpip.org/800/service/Connctn.html

8-)

The MID is not the same, it is a special CCRT700 see previus thread in this section
« Last Edit: 06 March 2008, 16:06:41 by jules »
Hotel21 wrote 'Its doubtfull in the extreme if it is the head gasket at fault.  If it were burning 5 litres per week the car would leave a smokescreen behind it!'

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 March 2008, 16:14:00 »

i am in the process of producing a howto guide it should be uploaded onto here tomorrow lunchtime

i have sussed the red connector from hell and have got my CCRT working in the car :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 March 2008, 19:47:43 »

You can't just swap HU, you need a CCRT 700 MID (different to normal MID), CCRT 700 CD Changer (different to other CD Changers) and some wiring to frig. Display wiring easy, but I'm having fun with CD wiring.

If you want phone, there is the aerial to sort, and changing the courtesy light for the ccrt700 one, and a lot more wiring.
Grumpy old man

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 March 2008, 19:53:50 »

You can't just swap HU, you need a CCRT 700 MID (different to normal MID), CCRT 700 CD Changer (different to other CD Changers) and some wiring to frig. Display wiring easy, but I'm having fun with CD wiring.

If you want phone, there is the aerial to sort, and changing the courtesy light for the ccrt700 one, and a lot more wiring.

yes chaps jaime is right wireing is a nitemare we are both wanting to fit this system in our mv6s !! :y

jules

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 March 2008, 20:05:24 »

i am in the process of producing a howto guide it should be uploaded onto here tomorrow lunchtime

i have sussed the red connector from hell and have got my CCRT working in the car :D

Thank goodness TMX is doing a how to.

I love this forum  :y
Hotel21 wrote 'Its doubtfull in the extreme if it is the head gasket at fault.  If it were burning 5 litres per week the car would leave a smokescreen behind it!'

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 March 2008, 20:14:37 »

Because I don't want to cut my loom about too much (in case I need to revert back), I am waiting for a bit of radio loom extension to turn up so I can make the mods on that :)

Hopefully should be here soon :y
Grumpy old man

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 March 2008, 21:29:50 »

no i didnt butcher myn i got the extension cable with my kit the traffic master one! and used the mv6s tm loom to join em all up incase it went up the spout!

i got my phone working now as my car had a nokia CARK-91 in it so i used the aerial on that and connected to ccrt i used the mic from the cark aswell!

how to will be ready by tomorrow anyway!

TB my migs mv6 was a 1998 S Registered in April i think my ccr 600 is the mk2 i dont  know if thats why myn was different

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #8 on: 06 March 2008, 23:01:02 »

Because I don't want to cut my loom about too much (in case I need to revert back), I am waiting for a bit of radio loom extension to turn up so I can make the mods on that

Hopefully should be here soon  

Keep an eye out for the postie in the morning  :y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Ford Prefect

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 March 2008, 17:19:52 »

I am hoping this is the MID I am looking for....http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150221602422&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005 Given it has the Phone symbol... ir is there yet another one?

Stewart

jules

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 March 2008, 17:21:36 »

Sorry nope, looks nothing like my GID

jules

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 March 2008, 17:28:33 »

I am hoping this is the MID I am looking for....http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150221602422&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005 Given it has the Phone symbol... ir is there yet another one?

Stewart
Nope, thats not right.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 March 2008, 17:30:13 »

Sorry nope, looks nothing like my GID
CCRT700 display is not a GID (looks similar though), its still a MID, but a unique kind.  It only has std MID functionailty with added extra phone/gps/sms and signal strength bits.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Grumpy old man

Ford Prefect

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 07 March 2008, 17:31:41 »

Err not another bit I need? may I ask why? as I have a mic up there already.. I have found a lot of an in car phone kit still fitted, mostly an aerial, RF amp under the glove box and the afore mentioned mic so I am not sure what other bits it would need.

Stewart

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 March 2008, 17:33:51 »

Err not another bit I need? may I ask why? as I have a mic up there already.. I have found a lot of an in car phone kit still fitted, mostly an aerial, RF amp under the glove box and the afore mentioned mic so I am not sure what other bits it would need.

Stewart
Is all the phone stuff in there factory fit? Why do you want to fit ccrt700?
Grumpy old man

jules

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 March 2008, 18:10:07 »

PIC of display.

Phone appears in bottom right corner when Sim is installed

;)

Ford Prefect

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 March 2008, 18:26:02 »

Is all the phone stuff in there factory fit? Why do you want to fit ccrt700?

I want a propper in car phone with no dangly wires or hand sets! no idea if its factory or not but I suspect not, mind you the traffic master looks decidedly aftermarket, but is suposedly fatory fit!

So that MID I bought, what is if for? it appears to have 2 symbols on it that mine does not.. one is a phone the other is a circle thingy..

Stewart
« Last Edit: 07 March 2008, 20:29:57 by Stewart »

Ford Prefect

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 March 2008, 18:38:17 »

SO where can I get one of those from? looks a bit bugetronic compared to the full size version! and how differnt is is? TBH as long as it works I can live without the signal strenght.. have they changed the whole way it comunicates with the MID or just added bits to it?

Also I supect the original MID it was working with is still in the car it came from, so would a standard one work in its place? (if so I might be able to get it)

Stewart
« Last Edit: 07 March 2008, 18:41:58 by Stewart »

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 March 2008, 20:46:22 »

i installed my ccrt into an mv6 today well final bits

it will not work without a CCRT Display

goto the scrappes find an ellite and get the loom display asmuch of the iso connecter you can get the 6 speakers and an amp and i should have my guide done by the time you get ya kit!

yes my mv6 had a nokia cark91 hands free kit i used the aerial and mic input on the ccrt and it worked fine!

Ford Prefect

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 March 2008, 21:36:05 »

Going to be a long time then, none in my local scrappy, and when one does appear I think the MID is the first thing to go... unless you get it the minute it comes in :( think the corsa owners think they can wire them in!

Does anyone actually know how the two types of MID actually work? It might be possible to interface to the ordinary one, afater all the only extra bit is the signal indicator. Are they both CAN? if so it should be possible. Does anyone have the pinouts for both?

Stewart

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 March 2008, 23:36:38 »

You cannot use standard MID with CCRT700, they are very different electrically, and the protocol they communicate is completely different.

If you want a phone, a nokia bluetooth kit  wired in to stereo is an easier, cheaper option, and ultimately probably more usable, depending on how good your phone is bluetooth.
Grumpy old man

Ford Prefect

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 March 2008, 19:40:32 »

You cannot use standard MID with CCRT700, they are very different electrically, and the protocol they communicate is completely different.

If you want a phone, a nokia bluetooth kit  wired in to stereo is an easier, cheaper option, and ultimately probably more usable, depending on how good your phone is bluetooth.

But not even half as cool and groovey... eventually I will find one... The other half of the question is, assuming the CCRT700 has been replaced in a car with an after market head unit, and therefore the radio side is now no longer in use.. will a normal one work in its palce for the trip computer and clock functions? as I may have found one but its in a car!

Stewart
« Last Edit: 08 March 2008, 19:49:21 by Stewart »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08 March 2008, 20:20:40 »

But not even half as cool and groovey... eventually I will find one... The other half of the question is, assuming the CCRT700 has been replaced in a car with an after market head unit, and therefore the radio side is now no longer in use.. will a normal one work in its palce for the trip computer and clock functions? as I may have found one but its in a car!

Stewart
Should do.

Remember, both MIDs need to be programmed to match the car's config
Grumpy old man

Ford Prefect

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08 March 2008, 23:33:15 »

Ohh in what sence? if both MIDs are from V6's would they be corretcly set up? or do they both have to be the same capacity?

Stewart

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 March 2008, 10:48:13 »

Ohh in what sence? if both MIDs are from V6's would they be corretcly set up? or do they both have to be the same capacity?

Stewart
I'm assuming yours is minifacelift, so engine size, gearbox, tyre size (16" or 15/17"), headlight technology, and if it has add-on heater.
Grumpy old man

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 March 2008, 16:50:48 »

yes i got my GID off a 3.0 elite as myn is an mv6 all that needs setting up is the tyre size which ill get done eventually

the normal mid used a FSDA Protocol like all the normal CCR 400 600 800 radios the CCRT uses CAN which is totally different FSDA is like serial whilst CAN is like USB so theyre not compatible

its alot of stuff you need for the conversion

GSM Aerial kit
Mic /Courtesy light of an elite
CCRT unit
CCRT Changer
CCRT Display
CCRT Loom but my changer loom did have CAN wires in it already but i believe the boys doesnt !
BOSE Amp
BOSE Loom
BOSE Speakers x 6

that is all you need but its alot of kit i got myn of a scrapyard on ebay £100 all in except the display and head unit come from a local scrappy but myn cost me £150 all together in the end and its well worth it the bose sound is brilliant
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.