Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Siemens NCDC 2013 problem!  (Read 5323 times)

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
Siemens NCDC 2013 problem!
« on: 17 May 2008, 13:08:12 »

Hi! Just returned from Betty Ford clinic  8-) (Libya) On my NCDC 2013 I have "Radio Safe" bleeping every 5 seconds or so. I know "the boy" suggested last time that a Tech 2 session would be a good idea. My question is: Under the present state the audio/cid is in, would that also disable the steering wheel controls? Or could this be a wiring/connector problem between the audio & CID?  If remembered, I contacted the last owner and Vaux had changed out the complete NCDC 2013 under warranty.  :-/  
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Siemens NCDC 2013 problem!
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2008, 15:07:19 »

Remove and reseat radio in cage.  If that doesn't sort it, try it with TM loom removed...
Grumpy old man

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2008, 18:48:54 »

Thanks TB! Appreciate your prompt reply! Eh have managed to extract 2013 unit out of cage. Where is the TM loom (I take it that is the Traffic Master?)
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2008, 19:12:36 »

Thanks TB! Appreciate your prompt reply! Eh have managed to extract 2013 unit out of cage. Where is the TM loom (I take it that is the Traffic Master?)
The TM loom is a short 'extension' cable between car loom and back of radio cage, and is used to feed the TM unit, which is cable tied up above clutch pedal.

That should eliminate poor connections, which can cause not disimilar symptoms.

If that doesn't resolve it, things could get expensive, as you may well end up with a radio thats lost its pairing with its screen, which will involve getting a replacement screen - though before we wrote it off, we would try tech2 on it first.
Grumpy old man

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2008, 09:03:55 »

TB! I have found the TM? loom above the auto pedal. Where do I disconnect it? I do not have an electrical diag. Thanks.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2008, 09:06:38 »

TB! I have found the TM? loom above the auto pedal. Where do I disconnect it? I do not have an electrical diag. Thanks.

At the back of the radio. Unplug from TM loom radio, disconnect TM from car loom & then plug the car loom back into the radio.

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2008, 10:49:19 »

Andy B! Isn't that just the same as pulling radio out and reseating? The 3 sockets at back of cage which the radio/cd plugs into are just 1 unit.   :-/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2008, 10:53:54 »

Andy B! Isn't that just the same as pulling radio out and reseating? The 3 sockets at back of cage which the radio/cd plugs into are just 1 unit.   :-/

To get to the traffic master loom, you need to remove the cage as it sits behind it.

Easy enough to do, just bend the sides, top and bottom inwards and remove the single screw at the back then pull.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2008, 22:13:59 »

Remember, as this is a short 'extension' cable, there will be another set of connectors tucked away hidden that you need to reseat (or remove to eliminate)
Grumpy old man

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 May 2008, 09:55:11 »

Right! I have got the cage out and there are no other cable connectors in sight! I have pulled all the looms to see if other connectors are attached. Nothing! Where does this TM extension cable go/come from. Can I access this cable elsewhere?  :'(  

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2008, 19:08:20 »

Right! I have got the cage out and there are no other cable connectors in sight! I have pulled all the looms to see if other connectors are attached. Nothing! Where does this TM extension cable go/come from. Can I access this cable elsewhere?  :'(  
Normaly tucked behind the cage, just behind a bit of plastic.  That bit of loom between the cage and car loom (assuming you have traffic master) is only about 6" long
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2008, 21:09:24 »

And they often tuck the original loom connector to the right side of the plastic tray.

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 May 2008, 09:48:34 »

TB! As I have just acquired the car about 3 months ago, I am not too sure if I have TM fitted on the 2003 2.6 auto! I know I had it on my drowned 3.0 elite auto. I have to go darn the smoke for a few days and will have to have another look when I get back. I will however be on this website when away. Your comments will be much appreciated.  :-/ (Not on me going darn sarf!)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 May 2008, 16:53:02 »

TB! As I have just acquired the car about 3 months ago, I am not too sure if I have TM fitted on the 2003 2.6 auto! I know I had it on my drowned 3.0 elite auto. I have to go darn the smoke for a few days and will have to have another look when I get back. I will however be on this website when away. Your comments will be much appreciated.  :-/ (Not on me going darn sarf!)
Do you have the TM button, fitted in same place as your old car?

If no TM, just try removing cage, and plugging loom striaght into back of radio?
Grumpy old man

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2008, 09:37:10 »

TB! Definitely no TM button on the dash on this vehicle.! Will try what you suggested when I get back. Also asked earlier re: the pairing problem, would that also disable the steering wheel controls? Thanks.   :-/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 24 May 2008, 10:04:03 »

right, no tm loom.

ime, when radio is in safe mode, it acts very strangely.  If it says 'Radio Safe', its in safe mode.
Grumpy old man

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 June 2008, 15:20:09 »

TB! Definitely no TM button on the dash on this vehicle.! Will try what you suggested when I get back. Also asked earlier re: the pairing problem, would that also disable the steering wheel controls? Thanks.   :-/
OK! I am back from the smoke! I have taken out 2013 and cage and taken the 3 sockets out from the cage and plugged back in to back of radio/cd. Still the same "radio safe" coming up every 5 seconds! Looks like I will have to live with it or have a TECH2 session. Incidentally I scratched the facia pulling the unit out. I just put black boot polish on the scratches and hey presto! no scratches!  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 June 2008, 17:02:59 »

OK! I am back from the smoke! I have taken out 2013 and cage and taken the 3 sockets out from the cage and plugged back in to back of radio/cd. Still the same "radio safe" coming up every 5 seconds! Looks like I will have to live with it or have a TECH2 session. Incidentally I scratched the facia pulling the unit out. I just put black boot polish on the scratches and hey presto! no scratches!  ::)
The worrying thing is, sounds like radio has depaired itself, but display hasn't, so you may end up with nasty thing of a useless display :(
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.