Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Bose - no sound  (Read 7441 times)

albitz

Re: Bose - no sound
« Reply #45 on: 04 May 2011, 22:42:48 »

I had removed the retaining screws from the drivers door speaker. Seated speaker back properly in the door and put the 3 screws back, and hey presto. ::) ;D
Only remining problem is it doesnt want to tune into FM band, but thats probably me not knowing what Im doing, as everything seems to be connected properly, and it was ok on FM last week. Will have a fiddle with that later. :y
That will only leave possibly getting hold of an old satnav disc just to check thats all ok.

The Aerial plug on the flylead has probably fractured, common fault.

Just pop a length of wire into the centre pin of the aerial socket and route it out of the car for now. should prove the point. Don't forget that the original antenna dependant on saloon or estate has either a built in or external aerial amp to overcome the loses in the flylead.

Checked the plug where it goes into the rear of the head unit, and checked the ariel connections at the rear screen and into the booster - everything appears ok. Tried the length of wire hanging out the window - didnt improve things - not sure what to do next. Still got awfule reception on FM whereas a week or so ago it was perfect. Probably disturbed something (else ) without realising. ::) :-/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 05 May 2011, 11:15:05 »

What are you powering it up with, Albs? The original car battery? Any battery chargers, etc. connected?
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

albitz

« Reply #47 on: 05 May 2011, 12:34:48 »

Its all still in the car Kevin,with battery still in place. Having said that, the battery is getting low, so might give it a charge and then try again. ;)
Funny stuff electrickery. ::) :D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 05 May 2011, 12:56:49 »

Yep, was thinking that a charger might well cause interference if you'd got it connected to "top-up" the battery. :-/
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 05 May 2011, 13:00:32 »

Yep, was thinking that a charger might well cause interference if you'd got it connected to "top-up" the battery. :-/
I think the largest source of interference with that car is in the seat /wheel interface. ;D ;D
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 05 May 2011, 13:12:22 »

I think the largest source of interference with that car is in the seat /wheel interface. ;D ;D

:-X

;D

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
  • pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 09 March 2012, 16:31:24 »

Its all still in the car Kevin,with battery still in place. Having said that, the battery is getting low, so might give it a charge and then try again. ;)

If you leave an open cable, all the lectrickery falls out.

You should be careful, it makes a mess on the floor & could hurt someone

;D ;D
Trouble strikes in series of three's, but when working on the car, the next job after a series of three is not the fourth job -- it's the start of a brand new series of three

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 09 March 2012, 16:56:39 »

;D ;D

Nah .. your wrong ...  cables contain compressed smoke, which is what electrickery  travels in, it's not until the smoke escapes that the elecktrickery stops ... I've proved this many times .. when the smoke leaks out of a cable it stops working  :y :y :y :y :y

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 09 March 2012, 17:06:20 »

;D ;D

Nah .. your wrong ...  cables contain compressed smoke, which is what electrickery  travels in, it's not until the smoke escapes that the elecktrickery stops ... I've proved this many times .. when the smoke leaks out of a cable it stops working  :y :y :y :y :y

Ah, so that's the same for powersounders?
Trouble strikes in series of three's, but when working on the car, the next job after a series of three is not the fourth job -- it's the start of a brand new series of three

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 09 March 2012, 17:08:05 »

;D ;D

yup .. electrickery only travels inside compressed smoke .. so all electronic thingie whatsits contain such smoke .. and when it escapes they stop working...  seeemples  :)

Be careful with that smoke mind .. its powerful stuff....  if too much escapes at the same time it gets very hot and can actually make other things that also contain compressed smoke leak as well...   dead weird stuff that smoke ....

:)
« Last Edit: 09 March 2012, 17:10:51 by Entwood »

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 09 March 2012, 17:09:57 »

;D ;D

yup .. electrickery only travels inside compressed smoke .. so all electronic thingie whatsits contain such smoke .. and when it escapes they stop working...  seeemples  :)

So i can electrimacute people with a smoke machine? Interesting, I shall test said theorem this evening.......

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #56 on: 09 March 2012, 17:51:22 »

cables contain compressed smoke, which is what electrickery  travels in, it's not until the smoke escapes that the elecktrickery stops ... I've proved this many times .. when the smoke leaks out of a cable it stops working 

LMFAO !!

I`m nearly in tears having read that !!

;D ;D ;D
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 09 March 2012, 17:58:05 »

cables contain compressed smoke, which is what electrickery  travels in, it's not until the smoke escapes that the elecktrickery stops ... I've proved this many times .. when the smoke leaks out of a cable it stops working 

LMFAO !!

;D ;D ;D

Are they tears of experience dave?  ::) ;D

albitz

« Reply #58 on: 09 March 2012, 18:00:33 »

Christ its a bit dusty in here.Cobwebs all over the place. ::) ;D
The NCDC 2013 & Bose system which this thread was started about,still sits in a cardboard box in my shed,and Im still not sure if its working properly or not.
 ::)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #59 on: 09 March 2012, 18:10:08 »

LMFAO !!

;D ;D ;D

Are they tears of experience dave?  ::) ;D

No, they are the sort of tears that are running uncontrollably down my legs

;D ;D ;D
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.