Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Today at 22:23:33 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by Migv6 le Frog Fan
I think they will get a majority but a small one. We shall see.

on: Today at 21:53:23 
Started by polilara - Last post by Andy B
I understand that there is a specific socket for the valve, but I used a 15mm 12 point socket. Make sure you support the 17mm nut on the ally pipe underneath it otherwise you'll shear the whole fitting off. (won't he Jamie  ::))

on: Today at 21:36:48 
Started by Sir Tigger KC - Last post by dave the builder
A Plastic Pig for Lord Opti!  :y
I helped my Dad build one of those (new chassis etc) when I was a kid
reg 309 JOC
he rolled it and broke his back a few years later  ::)

on: Today at 21:18:17 
Started by alnico - Last post by alnico
Thanks a lot for all of you guys. Yes i should feel rev drops like gear up but when i focus to feel it, i can only count 3 (1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4) changes. I hold the throttle stable but i cant feel or observe. I disassembled lock-up solenoid and checked it, it works well outside of the car :). Do you have any suggestions? Thanks again for everyone, you guys are great.

on: Today at 20:45:08 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by STEMO
Wont happen Im afraid. The Tories deserve to lose and they are going to.
They need to either disband the party altogether or reinvent the party as a real conservative and unionist party.
Lots of votes for Reform will make the second option a lot more likely.
Most Reform voters would vote for a modern version of a Thatcherite Tory party if it existed.
Maybe they won't lose as badly as some think

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news-projection-labour-on-course-to-be-largest-party-but-short-of-overall-majority-13128242

on: Today at 20:44:39 
Started by Sir Tigger KC - Last post by Sir Tigger KC
A Plastic Pig for Lord Opti!  :y

on: Today at 20:26:19 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by STEMO
Managed to get the bonnet open :y

It has taken a week of periodically pulling the release lever and pushing/pulling on the bonnet.

Need to fit a good battery and see if it starts now.

What can possibly go wrong ::)
New battery I ordered from Tayna yesterday (standard delivery) arrived today.

Need to get of my arse and fit it now.
Fitted the new battery yesterday - wouldn't start.

Gave the battery a good charge overnight, refitted it today and finally got it started - (for the first time in 5 years).

There is something not quite right with the starter motor. Cranking was slower than it should be and my helper said that they saw sparks and some magic smoke - almost as if the starter wasn't bolted tightly to the engine.  :-\ Something to investigate before the MOT.

Once the engine was running I had to shunt it back & forth a few times before the rear brakes would let go. Brake discs look surprisingly good but tomorrow I will get the wheels off and have a closer look.
Spent the day cleaning & checking the thing (MK2 Ford Galaxy Diesel auto).
5 years under a tree had resulted in a mouldy interior. The cheap seat covers fitted by the last owner had grown a layer of fur, I tried cleaning them with a carpet cleaner and the vinyl surface peeled off. 7 seat covers are now in the bin. Seats look OK underneath.
All the seat belts were a bit surprised that I wanted to extend them  ::) couldn't get one to extend at all so will have to pull the trim off to inspect it.
Undid all the wheel nuts half a turn, will get the wheels of tomorrow to check the brakes........
Had the MOT done today by my local garage.
Failed on cracked tyres, binding brakes and a front wiper blade. Advisories for surface rust on subframes and suspension arms.
The tester commented that it appeared to have been parked in a field for 10 years - cheek! - it was only 5 years  ;D
I left it with them to fit budget tyres and free off the brakes and came home in a courtesy car :y
I would say that's a good result  :y

on: Today at 20:21:08 
Started by Mr Skrunts - Last post by Mr Skrunts
Well I'm in A&E

Today is not a good day. I decided to go horse riding. Something I haven't done for many many years. It turned out to be a big mistake! I got on the horse and we started off slowly, grew in confidence, went a little faster, before I knew it, we were going as fast as the horse could go. I couldn't take the pace and fell off, caught my foot in the stirrup with the horse dragging me behind.
It just wouldn't stop!!

Thankfully the manager at Tesco came out and unplugged the machine. He actually had the nerve to take the rest of my change so I wouldn't attempt to ride the Elephant........

How many of you actually read what I wrote? If you did, copy and paste for someone else to get a laugh! 😋😊

on: Today at 20:02:42 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by Andy H
Managed to get the bonnet open :y

It has taken a week of periodically pulling the release lever and pushing/pulling on the bonnet.

Need to fit a good battery and see if it starts now.

What can possibly go wrong ::)
New battery I ordered from Tayna yesterday (standard delivery) arrived today.

Need to get of my arse and fit it now.
Fitted the new battery yesterday - wouldn't start.

Gave the battery a good charge overnight, refitted it today and finally got it started - (for the first time in 5 years).

There is something not quite right with the starter motor. Cranking was slower than it should be and my helper said that they saw sparks and some magic smoke - almost as if the starter wasn't bolted tightly to the engine.  :-\ Something to investigate before the MOT.

Once the engine was running I had to shunt it back & forth a few times before the rear brakes would let go. Brake discs look surprisingly good but tomorrow I will get the wheels off and have a closer look.
Spent the day cleaning & checking the thing (MK2 Ford Galaxy Diesel auto).
5 years under a tree had resulted in a mouldy interior. The cheap seat covers fitted by the last owner had grown a layer of fur, I tried cleaning them with a carpet cleaner and the vinyl surface peeled off. 7 seat covers are now in the bin. Seats look OK underneath.
All the seat belts were a bit surprised that I wanted to extend them  ::) couldn't get one to extend at all so will have to pull the trim off to inspect it.
Undid all the wheel nuts half a turn, will get the wheels of tomorrow to check the brakes........
Had the MOT done today by my local garage.
Failed on cracked tyres, binding brakes and a front wiper blade. Advisories for surface rust on subframes and suspension arms.
The tester commented that it appeared to have been parked in a field for 10 years - cheek! - it was only 5 years  ;D
I left it with them to fit budget tyres and free off the brakes and came home in a courtesy car :y

on: Today at 19:32:00 
Started by Rangie - Last post by YZ250
If my memory of my brother-in-laws three MK2 2.8 Granada Ghia X’s is correct (he had two X’s and one X Executive), the standard Ghia X had flat leather (or cloth) and the X Executive had puffed up leather. The Executive seat looked like it had an additional topper and looked like someone had bolted a three piece suite in to the car and I always thought that it looked a bit overdone.
Each to their own though.  :y

This clip shows what I mean regarding the original Executive Connelly Leather seats. Oh, and his zorst could do with being a big bigger as well.  ::)  Turn the sound down as the reviewer gets on your tit.  ;D :y  Nice restoration otherwise though.  :y

https://youtu.be/ae-HzhLDPJg?si=baeqvgE4g8p2lgdW

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.