Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done today during lockdown?  (Read 70508 times)

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done today during lockdown?
« Reply #345 on: 18 June 2020, 17:35:09 »

I believe you have a dog STEMO?, Put the plates out for it to lick clean. No need for the dishwasher!

STEMO

« Reply #346 on: 18 June 2020, 17:56:47 »

I believe you have a dog STEMO?, Put the plates out for it to lick clean. No need for the dishwasher!
The dog wouldn't eat the shit we do, steak and chicken for her  ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 18 June 2020, 20:59:25 »

Told my wife last night that I needed a new iPad because the screen was becoming rubbish and it was quite old. She took my glasses away and cleaned all the chip grease and stuff off them and now my iPad is brand new.  :)
She's too tight to buy you a new gayPad?  Chop her in for a new model ;D
You may be right. She's got a new(ish) gayphone, a gaypad huge 12" thingy pro and a gaypad mini. I've got a sixty two year old 9" one, and that's it. I'm being treated like a second class citizen and I demand my rights.
Kier Starmer will hear of this!

As for chopping her in.....I could never do that to my sweet little pension pot  ;D
Fixed for accuracy, but i think you've  got a dodgy tape measure.  ;)

STEMO

« Reply #348 on: 18 June 2020, 21:42:37 »

Told my wife last night that I needed a new iPad because the screen was becoming rubbish and it was quite old. She took my glasses away and cleaned all the chip grease and stuff off them and now my iPad is brand new.  :)
She's too tight to buy you a new gayPad?  Chop her in for a new model ;D
You may be right. She's got a new(ish) gayphone, a gaypad huge 12" thingy pro and a gaypad mini. I've got a sixty two year old 9" one, and that's it. I'm being treated like a second class citizen and I demand my rights.
Kier Starmer will hear of this!

As for chopping her in.....I could never do that to my sweet little pension pot  ;D
Fixed for accuracy, but i think you've  got a dodgy tape measure.  ;)
And I think you've been a bit kind to me on the age front  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #349 on: 19 June 2020, 10:47:12 »

Woke up to cold water this morning.
F70 Invalid device specific number, whatever that means  :-\
Hmmmmm.....a dilemma. The fickin thing came back to life overnight and was working fine this morning. The 'engineer' rang to say he'd be here between 12 an 2. I told him it was working again and he was happy about that, said it more or less proved, with the F70 code, it was the circuit board. This fella has been to service it for the last two years and seems genuine enough.
Vaillant are charging me a flat rate of £311 and that will include this fix+parts and anything that goes wrong over the next six months. He reckons a new board is around £200 (and he will definitely put one in) and it has to be programmed to the boiler (which can be a faff), plus he'll give it a service. I've got till 12 to decide.
Decisions, decisions....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: 19 June 2020, 10:52:40 »

Presumably your man warrants his work.

Does seem that PCBs used in boilers are so craply designed and made now :(
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 19 June 2020, 10:55:32 »

Due to rain stopping play of all my outdoor hobbies, and the washing machine is fixed, I dared the loft, working on the principle that items up their beyond suitcases and xmas decs that have been up there a while were forgotten items.

Bins full, and garage full of stuff waiting to go in bins ;D

About halfway through the loft clearout ;D
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #352 on: 19 June 2020, 10:57:10 »

It's six years old and has never given any problems. The man is from the manufacturer, Vaillant, so no worries about warranty or genuine parts.
I have the washing machine directly underneath the boiler (standing on floorboards, not a concrete floor). This makes it a bit unstable and it vibrates like a good'un when the load is unbalanced. I'm wondering if the boiler getting a periodic shaking will 'loosen' stuff, i.e. the pcb.

STEMO

« Reply #353 on: 19 June 2020, 10:59:25 »

Due to rain stopping play of all my outdoor hobbies, and the washing machine is fixed, I dared the loft, working on the principle that items up their beyond suitcases and xmas decs that have been up there a while were forgotten items.

Bins full, and garage full of stuff waiting to go in bins ;D

About halfway through the loft clearout ;D
I had to move all the shite that permanently lives under the boiler, so that my visitor could actually see the fickin thing. It's quite a small space but I've filled the kitchen table with aforementioned shite  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #354 on: 19 June 2020, 11:04:09 »

This lot lives under my boiler in a 2' x 2' space  ;D

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 19 June 2020, 11:56:03 »

Just had a Vaillant boiler installed as part of full ch system in the house in Ashton. Boiler lives in bathroom. Went for Vaillant as the guy who does our gas stuff is one of their master tech people. Just having the bathroom tarted up and some boxing in of boiler trying to retain Edwardian features!

Meantime 2 joiners here in not so sunny Sandhurst for the duration fitting 17 oak doors.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

STEMO

« Reply #356 on: 19 June 2020, 12:57:04 »

Just had a Vaillant boiler installed as part of full ch system in the house in Ashton. Boiler lives in bathroom. Went for Vaillant as the guy who does our gas stuff is one of their master tech people. Just having the bathroom tarted up and some boxing in of boiler trying to retain Edwardian features!

Meantime 2 joiners here in not so sunny Sandhurst for the duration fitting 17 oak doors.
When you said you'd taken delivery of 17 doors, I didn't like to ask who/what they were for. That must be some house you've got, Phil. Don't be looking down your nose at our little dolls houses when you come up next month  :P  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #357 on: 19 June 2020, 12:58:23 »

Woke up to cold water this morning.
F70 Invalid device specific number, whatever that means  :-\
Hmmmmm.....a dilemma. The fickin thing came back to life overnight and was working fine this morning. The 'engineer' rang to say he'd be here between 12 an 2. I told him it was working again and he was happy about that, said it more or less proved, with the F70 code, it was the circuit board. This fella has been to service it for the last two years and seems genuine enough.
Vaillant are charging me a flat rate of £311 and that will include this fix+parts and anything that goes wrong over the next six months. He reckons a new board is around £200 (and he will definitely put one in) and it has to be programmed to the boiler (which can be a faff), plus he'll give it a service. I've got till 12 to decide.
Decisions, decisions....
All done. Watched him unbox a new board and install it, so should be ok for a while.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 19 June 2020, 13:06:08 »

It's six years old and has never given any problems. The man is from the manufacturer, Vaillant, so no worries about warranty or genuine parts.
I have the washing machine directly underneath the boiler (standing on floorboards, not a concrete floor). This makes it a bit unstable and it vibrates like a good'un when the load is unbalanced. I'm wondering if the boiler getting a periodic shaking will 'loosen' stuff, i.e. the pcb.
A quick squint on that there internet thing shows your PCB to be almost as crap as the ones Potterton put in mine, so suspect not really due to your twin tub and mangle.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #359 on: 19 June 2020, 13:21:26 »

Like I say, it's done now.........next problem please  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 42   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.